Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 5:31 AM
Thank you Delphy. This new rule should shout the fact that Free Sites like MTS2 has better quality and sticks to it's guns. I stay away from TSR since they locked one of my creations for Sims 1 behind the pay wall and Thomas basically told me to shove it when I told him to keep it free. Good work D and keep it up.

Birman Kat aka mal1958

Birman Kat aka mal1958

A fantastic wife, a fantastic son, My computer, and The SIMS 2. Life is good!

"I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence." Frederick Douglass
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 5:53 AM
I think this is an excellent rule. And it make so much sense. Kudos to you, Delphy, Admins, and Mods.

Life isn't about the breaths we take, it's about the moments that take our breaths away...
Field Researcher
#28 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 6:28 AM Last edited by The T : 22nd Jul 2007 at 8:38 AM.
That sounds nice, Delphy.

Now I modifying my recently rejected sims ( after waiting for approval for 3-5 days ) to use free contents only and only use free contents in preview shots .

EDITED : I just reupload my 'Mermaid & Siren Twins', this time with free contents only and I also make new screenshot without pay contents in it, too.

Te
Test Subject
#29 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 6:48 AM
WOW !! I love you guys..thank you so much for all the wonderful creations..and the creators who work so hard and are soooo clever..!!
Mad Poster
#30 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 6:59 AM Last edited by niol : 22nd Jul 2007 at 7:08 AM.
In general, I like the newly improved rules. But as usual, I've got questions, suggestions, and comments. Hope you don't mind.

1. Clapping also with my feet. I don't normally wanna download compounded compositions because I can never finish downloading the necessary contents.

2. I kinda think some people can use a brilliant background to help enhance the impression on the imagery with optional contents or show some usages of the contents... I guess the rule should only apply to donation, pay and/or prize contents.

3. I think that should solely apply on pay, donation or prize contents in cases of compounded compositions.
Links to free sites can help mutually promote free sites for the free-site community.

4. I think 2 weeks is too short for most people, especially when the creator challenge is on the run now. Thus, a month sounds less stressful for those who have a lot of pay-contents in their uploads and probably creating for the challenge. It takes time for content replacement and repackaging.

5. Will there be any indication on a download thread deemed as an "archive"?

6. Does it remain the same? Or, just the links of pay-sites, pay-ietms, dontion sites, donation items, and/or prize items are removed?
Forum Resident
#31 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 7:00 AM
this is awesome and thanks for listening to some of our ideas delphy in the paysites debates forums
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#32 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 7:06 AM Last edited by tiggerypum : 22nd Jul 2007 at 8:59 AM.
niol - the only things that will be archived are _pay_ item recolors. Those can't be fixed anyway. They will remain on site probably for a couple more weeks after the move (thus a month) before being removed all together. There are not actually that many items on site that fit this criteria, most people have been recoloring free content.

Existing screenshots that had pay items in them will still be allowed on site.

Future uploads are to use free items in screenshots - free hair, free meshes (including from paysites that allow free redistribution, such as SimChic), furnish houses with free room sets.

This is just more movement along the lines of 'what you see is what you get' - or can get freely if you follow links.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Forum Resident
#33 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 7:13 AM
another question on the sims2 community forums in the finds will it stop paysites being shown on there too?
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#34 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 7:19 AM Last edited by tiggerypum : 22nd Jul 2007 at 7:35 AM.
Sim community finds has always featured FREE downloads. The issue is free downloads - a site that has some pay items and some free - recolors of their free items are welcome here at mts2, and still will be with this new policy. (except for TSR, as their free items change to pay as they promote folks to FA)

Sim Community Finds only feature items you can download for free (at the time of the find). What sort of site (100% free, 90% free, 20% free) is not ever the question. The only criteria is if that particular download is free and useful. So a free recolor of a pay item would not appear on S2C finds either -- it has to be totally free. We could make a mistake, but that has always been the policy about finds.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 7:27 AM
That rocks! I'm sure the moderating team should get credit as they had to agree to this work too Kudos to MTS2 - who can't say they are the best freesite, eh?
Forum Resident
#36 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 7:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tiggerypum
Sim community finds has always featured FREE downloads. The issue is free downloads - a site that has some pay items and some free - recolors of their free items are welcome here at mts2, and still will be with this new policy. (except for TSR, as their free and not moves frequently as they promote folks to FA)

Sim Community Finds only feature items you can download for free (at the time of the find). What sort of site (100% free, 90% free, 20% free) is not ever the question. The only criteria is if that particular download is free and useful. So a free recolor of a pay item would not appear on S2C finds either -- it has to be totally free. We could make a mistake, but that has always been the policy about finds.

oh thanks for clearing that up for me:D
Forum Resident
#37 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 7:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Calalily
That rocks! I'm sure the moderating team should get credit as they had to agree to this work too Kudos to MTS2 - who can't say they are the best freesite, eh?

lol it kinda makes the nights i have stayed up afte r3am aus time debating over paysites worth it and TSR deserves it
Instructor
#38 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 7:47 AM
So, If I had a sim up for download pictured with pay hair but packaged with maxis hair, would that sim be moved to said archive? If so, could I just change the pics now to avoid this?

- Bre (Buckingham Alice)
Creating can take hours, days, or even weeks. Saying "thank you" only takes one click. :)
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#39 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 7:51 AM Last edited by tiggerypum : 22nd Jul 2007 at 7:57 AM.
The sims already on site that have a screenshot that includes pay hair but are not packaged with the hair are all safe. (I assume you did not click the 'requires pay mesh' on the upload)

New sims you submit will not be accepted with screenshots of pay hair, even if the sim is packaged without, you will have to find a suitable free hair for your screenshot. (this also goes for clothing - put free hair on your models!)

Btw, what matters on a custom sim is the facial structure and the custom skintone/facemask, if there is one. Hair can be replaced by the user afterwards, although the idea behind this is that all members can actually _have_ the sim you're showing in your pictures, even if they do have to go to a site with a free download for the particular hair.

Field Researcher
#40 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 7:57 AM
Thanks for the rule about no pay/donated content recolors and stuff. I really would pay or donate to some of these sites (including donations to mts2) if I had the extra cash, but I don't.

It's always a little sad when I see something that I really like just to find out that I can't pay for it.

<('_'<) <('_')> (>'_')>
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 8:08 AM
Great idea! It was getting very frustrating to see these awesome recolors (mostly of hair) that I had to pay to get the mesh so they'd work in game.

"Those who restrain desire, do so because theirs is weak enough to be restrained."~William
Test Subject
#42 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 8:08 AM
I was only starting to realize how much I like this site and now it got a little better
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#43 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 8:24 AM
This is the civilised way to do it, and probably more effective too.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Field Researcher
#44 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 8:27 AM
Questions about uploading clothes.

I already know we can not upload pay mesh recolor, but I have 2 questions.

1 Can our sims models use pay skintones, eyes, makeups, accessories & hairs?

2. Can we use pay CC in screenshot like model standing on pay rug or in front of pay mirrors?

I ask these because I make a model contest now in a thai fansite and I will use winner's screenshots for previewing my clothes and most of contestants use Pay CC in ther shots. If I can not include pay CC in shot, I need to ask the winner to redo some of his/her shots.

Te
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#45 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 8:37 AM Last edited by tiggerypum : 22nd Jul 2007 at 8:56 AM.
Your models should be decked out in free content. Free hair on the models. If you're zooming in close to the face, free makeup, eyes, etc - if you're not, it doesn't matter.

Set up your photo area and models with free stuff. There's thousands of free rugs, use one of them. Same for mirrors. There's no _reason_ to have to include pay content in the photos. The picture is _about your clothing_. If you have a CAS that relies on pay content, consider remodeling it.

Matter of fact, you could just take your model outside and have them walk on the lawn, or in front of a simple wall and floor. Stuff around your model is _not needed_ to showcase your wonderful work.

Again, all existing screenshots on site are fine. Just new submissions for these rules.

Added: Ah I see. And yes, unfortunately for this particular situation, the major things in the screenshots should be free content. A small item in the background _could_ be pay.

Field Researcher
#46 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 8:40 AM
Thanks for your reply, tiggerypum .

Te
Scholar
#47 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 8:58 AM
I think these changes are good and effective
Scholar
#48 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 9:26 AM
I like the new rules even though you can't use take screenshots of pay hair on sims. I really did hate finding recolors for meshes and pay for them. but I am definitely Trying my best to make hair and clothes just as good as any pay hair for free!!!
Test Subject
#49 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 9:58 AM
I like this rules. They are very good
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 10:17 AM
I think that is a great rule about not allowing any recolors of pay items. Thank you, for staying Free!

Proud to be, a 100% Free is my motto You are doing a great job
Locked thread
Page 2 of 10