Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Pompeii - House of Shadow & Light

by Tatiana Dokuchic Posted 5th Aug 2007 at 1:47 AM - Updated 21st Aug 2007 at 1:00 AM by Tatiana Dokuchic

30 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 28 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Instructor
#2 Old 20th Aug 2007 at 11:28 PM
I have always been fascinated by Pompeii and was really looking forward to someone doing something with that city for this contest. You did an awesome job!

Cogito ergo nupta non sum.
Moderator of pixels for pixels
retired moderator
#3 Old 21st Aug 2007 at 1:28 AM
Nice work Tatiana!

Need to know which object came with which EP or SP? Check the CEP Object database
Test Subject
#4 Old 21st Aug 2007 at 3:05 AM
This is so cool! I actually just went to the A Day In Pompeii exhibit here at the Science Museum in Minnesota...so this is really cool.

Party hard
Rock n' Roll
We're the class you can't control
Sexy ladies
Pimpin' men
We're the class of 20-10
Instructor
#5 Old 21st Aug 2007 at 3:18 AM
This is stunning, I admire your patience for making 106 walls, wow!

Please do not upload any of my lots to the exchange, or any other site.
If you would like to see more of my lots click here.
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 21st Aug 2007 at 7:10 AM
106 walls this has to be something really to see. Thank You and good luck with the contest!!!
Alchemist
#7 Old 21st Aug 2007 at 9:24 AM
Great work! Either for the building itself and for your additional stuff. Thank you and good luck for the contest.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 21st Aug 2007 at 4:49 PM
Thanks for your kind words everyone, I really appreciate them.

Paleoanth, I certainly share your fascination with Pompeii. The more I studied it the more I was amazed by the culture. BTW - you did a great job on your neighbourhood object of the Hanging Gardens.

Hey Tracey (Sim Me) nice to see you here!

epeagles, I'm green with envy that you got to see the Pompeii exhibit. lol. I've read about it but unfortunately I don't believe it's coming to Canada. I bet it is quite an experience.

General Oohoh & Gizmo7680, thanks for mentioning the walls. Once I got started working with all of those great images, I found it hard to stop. I think that I actually ran out of wall space to put them before I ran out of things that I wanted to try. lol.

lamammaforever, I've been admiring your temple. Makes me feel calm just looking at it.

--- Tatiana ---

You can find out more about my creations at the SterlingSims2 Creator's Forum Tatiana's Tea Room.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 21st Aug 2007 at 6:16 PM
I was given the honor of seeing this lot up close and it's amazing! The detail you put into it, the historical accuracy, everything! Wonderful work Tatiana!

Check out Http://www.Sterlingsims2.com and the SIMposium forum!
NEW! The Creator's Forum at Sterling Sims2.com
Free Sims2 Downloads!
http://www.sterlingsims2.com/phpBB2/index.php
Scholar
#10 Old 22nd Aug 2007 at 3:27 PM
Amazing lot ! It's a very ! Thanks !!!

All of nature is within us and we are part of all nature (Chief White Cloud)
Alchemist
#11 Old 23rd Aug 2007 at 10:22 AM
This is totally sensational! I really admire all the beautiful decoration details!
Good luck!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 26th Aug 2007 at 10:00 PM
Thanks for sharing the adventure with me, Skye.

Thank you for your kind words, Mihura and venernaheu. I really appreciate them.

Just a quick reminder that the lot package does not include the walls (there just wasn't enough room in the 10K. lol.) You should download the lot and both of the wall packages to complete the building.

--- Tatiana ---

You can find out more about my creations at the SterlingSims2 Creator's Forum Tatiana's Tea Room.
Forum Resident
#13 Old 1st Sep 2007 at 7:00 AM
Oh wow!! How awesome... just awesome, the detail you put into your walls absolutely blows my mind!

Subtle In Spades
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 2nd Sep 2007 at 3:58 AM
What exactly are the Stuff Packs needed for? I hope not a lot, because I don't have them, and I'd love to download this lot.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 2nd Sep 2007 at 6:34 PM
Nice to see you, Khakidoo! Thanks for your kind comments.

Igloolik, I had Family Fun & Glamour installed when I built this lot but I don't believe that I used any of the content of either of them. You should be able to install this lot if you have all of the EPs.

--- Tatiana ---

Test Subject
#16 Old 3rd Sep 2007 at 8:26 PM
Tatiana this is a glorious piece of art! Your Homecrafter alone just blows my mind! Thank you for bringing this history alive for our game...now running to install it! :D
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 3rd Sep 2007 at 10:08 PM
Absolutely breathtaking! Oh, my poor download folder! I can't resist...
Test Subject
#18 Old 7th Sep 2007 at 10:40 PM
I admire the amount of work you put into building and decorating this house. Its also beutiful...
Test Subject
#19 Old 13th Sep 2007 at 3:26 PM
Wow Tatiana! I can't get over the beauty and all the detail. As Always you have my jaw dropped to the floor. I'm so excited to see this lot up close and to get all your brilliant floors and walls.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 15th Sep 2007 at 8:56 PM
Oh my! How beautiful! And I love the detail to the way it really was then. Thanks so so much for all your heard work and obvious love that went into this project. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 3:24 PM
Thanks so much for your kind words everyone. I really appreciate them.

Von, I know just what you mean about download folders. lol.

Deborah & Cheryl, you two are always an inspiration with your artistic talents and endless encouragement.

--- Tatiana ---

Lab Assistant
#22 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 1:21 AM
Tatiana... you should have won. Hands down. Didn't you come in SECOND PLACE in the polls???
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 1:43 AM
Hey Danny, the rules for the challenge were clear to me from the beginning. The Exceptional Awards are decided by the staff and are not necessarily based on the poll results.

The whole contest was a blast and to be selected for the top 5 and then come 2nd in the polls was just the icing on the cake.

My thanks & appreciation go to everyone that voted for me.

I truly appreciate your concern Danny, but all is well.

--- Tatiana ---

Test Subject
#24 Old 13th Oct 2007 at 3:26 PM
Tatiana as always, you have done amazing work with this lot! Just your walls alone are breath taking! What I love most about your work is how you do the research and bring a historical context to everything you do. Then you try to make it as authentic as possible. You bring so much more than just talent to the Sim community and I thank you for that.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 28th Oct 2007 at 6:11 PM
Thanks Star. The historical aspect always makes simming a pleasure for me & sharing it is twice as nice.

--- Tatiana ---

Page 1 of 2