Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Ten Maxis Match "Value" Mirror Recolours

by Sophie-David Posted 22nd Aug 2007 at 1:35 AM - Updated 28th Jun 2009 at 7:32 AM by Sophie-David : Repaired the broken image links

13 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 12 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Scholar
THANKS POST
#2 Old 22nd Aug 2007 at 11:38 AM
This is marvellous. That plain square mirror had potential, and you've made good use of it to co-ordinate with the counters. Bravo!
Theorist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Aug 2007 at 3:04 PM
Thank you ieta cassiopeai (beautiful name!), you are welcome. More are on their way.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 22nd Aug 2007 at 5:09 PM
Thanks, these are the first recolours I've downloaded for that mirror, I never understood why it only had one colour.

They really look good.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 22nd Aug 2007 at 7:48 PM
Very good and simple idea. Up with your good taste!
Theorist
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Aug 2007 at 7:53 PM
Thank you RealGanacampo and nanisim, you are most welcome.

Yes, I was getting really frustrated with the limited colour selection. In many Sims households, it is not that I want a more fancy mirror - which might well look out of place in itself - but just that I want to coordinate it with the bathroom colours.

It seems it is the little things that often get overlooked. These are the only other cheap mirror recolours that I know of at MTS2:

4 Recolours of Maxis' Mirror - cool colours

Pawprint Pattern Mirror Collection - cute design

Testers Wanted: 5 Cheap Mirror Recolours - does not work in my game

Binky13y's nasty mirror in Bink-NewEP-TrashedSet.rar at Post #491 of the Trashed Set - I use this one surprisingly often
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 22nd Aug 2007 at 10:15 PM
yeah I always liked the mirror it served its purpose but the horrible yellowish color didn't work with anything, thank you so much, additions like these are so useful!
Theorist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#8 Old 22nd Aug 2007 at 11:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ambsu89
yeah I always liked the mirror it served its purpose but the horrible yellowish color didn't work with anything, thank you so much, additions like these are so useful!
Thanks Ambsu89. That mustard yellow recolour that goes with the Krampt cabinet isn't much better. I was almost nauseous when I was making it! I think that combination is reserved for Sims I don't like!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 9th May 2010 at 2:49 PM
Ahhh, thank you!!!!!
Theorist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#10 Old 9th May 2010 at 6:32 PM
You're welcome!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#11 Old 20th Feb 2012 at 10:21 PM
These mirrors look beautiful. I especially like the krampt collection. Thank you for sharing.
Theorist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#12 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 1:46 AM
Thank you, glad you like them.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#13 Old 17th Sep 2016 at 5:10 PM
Thank you for these! It's so nice to have some perfectly matching recolors for a cheaper mirror since I use this one all the time!
Theorist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#14 Old 17th Sep 2016 at 6:23 PM
You're welcome.