Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Stay-at-Home Career with Modified Hours

by SassyTeffie Posted 2nd Sep 2007 at 1:37 AM - Updated 24th Sep 2008 at 7:39 PM by SassyTeffie : Fixed Chance Card Simoleon Glitch

21 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 17 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Field Researcher
#2 Old 5th Sep 2007 at 10:28 AM
Fantastic! My sims find it rather hard to wake up early morning, LOL! This one is so much easier.

HK-47: Objection: I am not a problem, meatbag. You and your lack of any organized repair skills are a problem.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 5th Sep 2007 at 2:04 PM
Really cool. I hadn't grabbed this before but certainly am now!

I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults.
Test Subject
#4 Old 5th Sep 2007 at 6:31 PM
I love this mod and the new time should be much easier
Test Subject
#5 Old 6th Sep 2007 at 11:13 PM
This is great! Thanks!
Test Subject
#6 Old 7th Sep 2007 at 12:04 AM
thank you i love the new hours
its like they are off to run errands while the kids are at school now

smile! ^_^ it confuses people
Test Subject
#7 Old 7th Sep 2007 at 12:15 PM
hey guys i carnt get any of my custom Careers to work in the game, to i need to have a specal program installed to run them? do i need to put them in a specal folder? i currently have them in the downlodes follder.

plz help me

thanks
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 7th Sep 2007 at 5:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by unclle
hey guys i carnt get any of my custom Careers to work in the game, to i need to have a specal program installed to run them? do i need to put them in a specal folder? i currently have them in the downlodes follder.

plz help me

thanks

You need to put the career (after it's unrared) into your Downloads folder. The career may not show up right away when you do a job search. If you want it immediately you must use the boolprop cheat.

I am not taking requests at this time. I have just started graduate school and I cannot be sure how much spare time I am going to have. You can PM me with a request if you want, but I cannot guarantee that I will do it (or that I will even see the message right away).
Test Subject
#9 Old 8th Sep 2007 at 4:10 AM
ty sassy teffie
Test Subject
#10 Old 8th Sep 2007 at 5:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SassyTeffie
You need to put the career (after it's unrared) into your Downloads folder. The career may not show up right away when you do a job search. If you want it immediately you must use the boolprop cheat.

umm which boolprop cheat do i use because there is like 20 of them?
Test Subject
#11 Old 8th Sep 2007 at 10:00 PM
Thanks, it's much better with the new hours.
Test Subject
#12 Old 10th Sep 2007 at 10:57 PM
I really like this idea,thankyou for making it. I do have a couple of questions though.

Was this intended as a real career or just a way of getting a little extra cash while the kids are little?

Will the lv 10 chance card penalty of -10k+, as it's written, suffer from the same feature/bug in Bidou's Career Editor that multiplies all money with 1000 from level 7 and up as discribed in the
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...5#startcomments post? See; 22nd Aug 2006, 01:44 PM # 28 by Kimsie

The max all skill requirements to reach lv10 seems rather harsh. But if it was never really intended as a full time career choice I guess it wouldn't really matter. Same would go for the total skill wipe from the lv7 chance card.

Please don't think I'm trying to pick this apart, I'm just trying to understand what it's intended for.
Test Subject
#13 Old 15th Sep 2007 at 5:59 AM
having a stay at home career.......wouldn't that make your sims lazy, or is it only available to parents.

People don't get paid to take care of their own kids, but I guess our sims can..........

the paysite anthem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHs-6xnMEdE
Note: The vocalist must be LyricLee
Field Researcher
#14 Old 1st Oct 2007 at 7:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by trvrmn
People don't get paid to take care of their own kids, but I guess our sims can..........

Maybe they don't, but they sure should! Parenting is the HARDEST job there is, if done properly.

Not having a sig IS my sig. Oh wait, this is a sig, isn't it? Nevermind...
Test Subject
#15 Old 8th Oct 2007 at 5:59 PM
Thanks, love it. This is a good one, however my poor sims are made to work 7 days a week...I thought we'd get the weekends off.

"Red meat and gin." ...Julia Child, when asked at age 87 to what she attributed her longevity.
Test Subject
#16 Old 28th Oct 2007 at 5:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mimi52861
Maybe they don't, but they sure should! Parenting is the HARDEST job there is, if done properly.

Tell me about it!!!!

We have 7 kids (in RL!), I only wish we got paid to look after the little ankle-biters like my lucky Sims do!

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 17th Dec 2007 at 6:16 PM
Just a quick reply to some of these posts. This was never intended as an actual "career". I originally made it because it is so hard financially for sims to have one parent stay home all the time. I real life one parent can work two jobs, but in the game that's not possible. The seven days a week thing is a reflection of the fact that parents work seven days a week. I have no idea if any bugs will happen with the chance cards. I am a full time college student and the mother of three kids, ages 5, 3, and 1, so I have very little time. Please PM me with any bugs and I will try to take care of them, but I cannot promise anything. Feel free to PM me with any questions. Thanks1

I am not taking requests at this time. I have just started graduate school and I cannot be sure how much spare time I am going to have. You can PM me with a request if you want, but I cannot guarantee that I will do it (or that I will even see the message right away).
Field Researcher
#18 Old 21st Jul 2008 at 6:15 AM
Wonderful work! Me and my simmians thank you!

Wow, it's beautiful outside. I should probably do something....

Like close the blinds on my window so there isn't a glare on my computer screen.
Test Subject
#19 Old 9th Aug 2010 at 5:47 PM
yay! TY
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 5th Mar 2016 at 6:26 PM
Thank You
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#21 Old 31st May 2016 at 7:38 PM
Thanks!I hope this works.
Mad Poster