Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Holy Bible

by comedy711 Posted 4th Sep 2007 at 1:34 AM - Updated 27th Oct 2007 at 4:06 AM by comedy711 : update

76 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 73 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Test Subject
#2 Old 4th Sep 2007 at 1:47 AM
This is all well and good for those who would like it, and I'd like the idea of a holy book for my sims, but I'm so insulted by the insinuation that someone without a religion has no meaning in their life that I won't be downloading this.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Sep 2007 at 1:49 AM Last edited by comedy711 : 4th Sep 2007 at 1:54 AM. Reason: wrong meaning
Quote: Originally posted by RosalindP
This is all well and good for those who would like it, and I'd like the idea of a holy book for my sims, but I'm so insulted by the insinuation that someone without a religion has no meaning in their life that I won't be downloading this.

i didn't mean it that way. sorry. i will edit my post so you can be happy

my personal life can be supported by veiwing this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-n2z-Q6x6eU and others on my youtube page. I believe there's a few building tutorials there aswell. I create rather sporadically, so excuse me if I'm gone from this website for months or years at a time.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 4th Sep 2007 at 2:06 AM
Thank you so very much for creating this.
Instructor
#5 Old 4th Sep 2007 at 2:30 AM
You might want to provide a better description of how this download works. It looks like a default book replacement, which would make all books taken from bookcases use your image instead of the original from the game, but that's just a guess.

Otherwise, looks good -- not my cup of tea (nor is any other default book replacement), but there'll certainly be an audience. ^_^
Field Researcher
#6 Old 4th Sep 2007 at 4:08 AM
Agreeing with Akatonbo here. Religion aside, a description of what the mod does would be nice.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 4th Sep 2007 at 4:29 AM
It looks good and I'd be interested in the book, but not as a default replacement.

Username: Centerman
in The Sims 4 Gallery
Test Subject
#8 Old 4th Sep 2007 at 4:34 AM
i've been wanting a Bible my sims could read. might want a better description. Thanx
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 4th Sep 2007 at 4:43 AM
This is a very thoughtful mod and i'm sure it will come in very handy for some sims...

After all people want ministers and priests and church weddings... who is officiating all of this?... We are acting as a god to all of our sims... life through death... and sims of all religions, this hack was simply made add into the mix...

Thank you comedy711

Rich

Do you like my content? Do you want to buy me a coffee?
Please click this link and help me out:
http://paypal.me/Rich246
Test Subject
#10 Old 4th Sep 2007 at 6:45 AM
Here's a suggestion... maybe sims could gain Nice points for reading the Bible.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#11 Old 4th Sep 2007 at 7:40 AM
What does this do? In what way is it a global mod?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Field Researcher
#12 Old 4th Sep 2007 at 11:46 AM
Hmmm, it's always funny when people get all offended when all they have to do is not click on that download button If a religious debate is what you're after, there's plenty of forumns out there that would be glad to oblige. This, however, is a download site for the sims - and those sims aren't great at conversation

Now, back on topic...

I too think you need more description as to eactly what this is, and how it works and such. The cover looks a little too plain for my taste - and unless it's for a story my sims don't really need a bible as they're not very religious.

Hey, how'd that Llama get there?

Anyway, this is a nice idea and I'm sure lots of people will apreciate it Nice job.

Cheers,

Bluelady.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 4th Sep 2007 at 12:20 PM
I concur. I want to know what the mod -does- if I am to download it.
Test Subject
#14 Old 4th Sep 2007 at 12:38 PM
isn't the cover on the wrong side? you would read it from behind like that... unless it isn't arabic or japanese or so...
Test Subject
#15 Old 4th Sep 2007 at 4:13 PM Last edited by JLonier : 19th Sep 2007 at 11:39 AM. Reason: removing reply to deleted comment
That said, I thank the creator for this thoughtful download. I'd like to know why it's a "global" mod...if it does anything more than replaces the default book out of the bookcase. And I think the cover could be a bit more...bookish. But it's still a nice thought.

As fo the cover being on the wrong side...don't Sims read from right to left anyway? I thought I read that somewhere...
Field Researcher
#16 Old 4th Sep 2007 at 5:24 PM Last edited by whitesiren : 8th Sep 2007 at 8:34 PM. Reason: Typo
A bit more info would be nice, yes.

Interesting mod, I'm sure some people are appreciative for it. I agree that a bit more detail would be nice but it's not bad overall. Religion will always spark debates but don't let it discourage you from making stuff you want to.

Perhaps a version in simlish font would be nice, or some books from other religions?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 4th Sep 2007 at 5:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nelde
isn't the cover on the wrong side? you would read it from behind like that... unless it isn't arabic or japanese or so...

thank you, ill get right onto fixing this

my personal life can be supported by veiwing this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-n2z-Q6x6eU and others on my youtube page. I believe there's a few building tutorials there aswell. I create rather sporadically, so excuse me if I'm gone from this website for months or years at a time.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 4th Sep 2007 at 5:53 PM Last edited by JLonier : 19th Sep 2007 at 11:40 AM. Reason: removing response to deleted comment
Now, back on topic -- I, for one, am hoping that a more thorough description will be added soon, considering that the creator has posted in the thread about fixing the backwardness of the book. I don't want to download something that's a global mod without knowing how it'll affect my gameplay or if it'll conflict with other global mods.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#19 Old 4th Sep 2007 at 6:04 PM
...or what it does. For all I know it's hacked to kill your sim as soon as they touch it! That's one way of getting to know God I suppose.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
#20 Old 4th Sep 2007 at 6:14 PM
I would be interested in downloading...I will wait though because, I agree that we need more description here simply because of this being a global mod...but nice work, and thanks for thoughfulness in fixing the cover.
Test Subject
#21 Old 4th Sep 2007 at 9:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by God, Apprently (Old Testament)
Stone adulterers to death.
Put badly behaved children to death.
Put homosexuals to death.

Nice book, that Bible. But hey, let's not discuss this. From an unbiased point of view, I think it's a bit bland. Try making it look rustic by using, say, a faded red colour for most of it, with a slightly lighter strip on the left side, and a gold spine and edges for the pages.

Try using some old books in your home to model this one from, and get a idea good idea of how an old book should look. Heck, a quick search on your favourite engine will being up plenty of results for 'old book':

Lab Assistant
#22 Old 4th Sep 2007 at 9:58 PM
Nice idea, but I will NOT download something (especially a Global Mod) that doesn't say EXACTLY what it does. Sorry. (ie. Add a longer and more descriptive entry for it please).
Test Subject
#23 Old 5th Sep 2007 at 12:26 AM
First of all thankyou. This caught my eye immediately. I love Mod the sims & bypass the occult, nude skins,snake hair etc.When I read the comments to you I knew I had to post. I am a Christian ,56 years old & have 3 grandchildren (oldest14) that I download content for.I play the game clean,families, marriage , etc.So do they. This will be great for my Prairie neighborhoods & if it overwrites, Cool!Blasphemy for those that do not know is total rejection of Jesus & what he did. I am not religious. I am a Christian. There is a total difference. If someone sees something that offends them here then don't click on it.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 5th Sep 2007 at 1:45 AM
Amen Capri7!! I too bypass the occult, gothic and "dark" downloads and never feel the need to express my opinions of such. I just don't download it and look for other things to enhance my game the way I play. I don't knock anyone for the way they play their game and I will not justify to anyone how I play mine. I welcome the idea of my sims "studying" or reading what I am pretending to be The Bible. It's a very Good Book just like I'm told the Harry Potter's are good books.
With that said.......
I thank you, Comedy711, for the idea. However, I also wouldn't download anything global unless I know exactly what it will do to my game.

Gawd, I'm loving S3!!
Test Subject
#25 Old 5th Sep 2007 at 3:40 PM
Thank you for this! I, too, am a Christian and would love something like this in my game. I'm going to give it a go and see what happens. If it blows up, I'll post again. If not, then no post means no problem.
Page 1 of 4