Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Lifestyle - IT Administration Teen and Adult and Computer Science Major

by madoracle Posted 6th Sep 2007 at 5:36 PM

14 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 11 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
#2 Old 7th Sep 2007 at 12:16 PM
hey guys i carnt get any of my custom Careers to work in the game, to i need to have a specal program installed to run them? do i need to put them in a specal folder? i currently have them in the downlodes follder.

plz help me

thanks
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Sep 2007 at 3:37 PM
Custom careers work by being placed in the Downloads folder. Ensure that you select 'enable custom content' during start up. The above careers were tested with EP4 and EP5. I haven't yet tested with EP6 (just installed it last night) but as far as I know any career made with an EP is backwards compatible to the base game (except, obviously, the Major above won't work without EP1).

All I can recommend is:

Unzip the file. Copy out the three .package files and put them in Documents -> EA Games -> The Sims 2 -> Downloads. Start the game and select 'Enable Custom Content' when presented with the option.

"Life's not fair," I reply. "But the root password helps."

Bastard Operator From Hell
Test Subject
#4 Old 8th Sep 2007 at 3:51 PM
thanks madoracle
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 12th Sep 2007 at 10:29 PM
Hi

First I will thank you for that new career. I'm in the process of testing it and found out that there is one problem so far.

My Simteen startet the career and made it to webmaster. Then he turned adult and his career went from Information Technology Administration to Maxis Sport Career and is a minor leaguer.

What happend? Is this fixable?

My Sim continues with the adult career track of Information Technology Administration, so I can test the whole career.

Love dosen't make the world go 'round. Love is what makes the ride worthwile. - Franklin. P. Jones
Test Subject
#6 Old 8th Nov 2007 at 7:23 PM
Thanks for this career track! I'm in college for IT now, and this is perfect for my Sim-me! =)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 5th Dec 2007 at 4:41 PM
Has anyone else had issues with these careers? I haven't noticed any but there were a few reports... if not I'm going to move on to something else.

Test Subject
#8 Old 29th Apr 2008 at 1:34 AM
Hi Madoracle,
Great career/major pack, awesome for all us Comp Sci ppl who just happen to play Sims too. :-) Ah, the memories.
One problem I'm having - everything is fine until a quarter of the way through Sophomore yr, and then the game crashes. I've got University, Glamour Life, OFB, and of course, the original. Any ideas? No one else mentioned it as a problem...

Thanks! Great work.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 10th May 2008 at 1:51 AM
This is pretty awesome, I can't wait to try it out Has there been any information on how it works with EP6 or not?

~*~Jekka~*~
Under Educated, Over Caffeinated
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 5:51 AM
I've moved on to another project. I've tested this with up to Freetime (no Stuff packs) and haven't had any issues. My next project is going to be posted on the adult version of MTS2 because of... er, themes I suppose. After that I'll probably start on another full track like this one.

Test Subject
#11 Old 3rd Aug 2008 at 12:29 AM
I am also having problems with the University major crashing at sophomore yr. It seems to only happen when I attempt to look at the skills section of my sim though.
Instructor
#12 Old 3rd Jan 2011 at 9:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MacrosBlackD
I am also having problems with the University major crashing at sophomore yr. It seems to only happen when I attempt to look at the skills section of my sim though.

Same here, I have a sim with the computer science major and attempting to look at his skill panel makes the game crash. I have all expansions and stuff packs except Kitchen and Bath.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 13th May 2015 at 3:23 PM
I had the same problem with the teen and adult career not linking. http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=114163 This is the link to fix it. Super quick and simple to do.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 5th Mar 2016 at 6:25 PM
Thank You
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#15 Old 3rd Dec 2021 at 10:39 PM
Thank you.