Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

2 Pelican Lane

by Caupi Posted 17th Sep 2007 at 6:15 PM - Updated 31st Aug 2008 at 1:54 AM by Caupi

8 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 7 Feedback Posts
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#2 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 8:45 PM
It really does look like some of the beach house's I've seen. Good job!
Test Subject
#3 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 11:39 PM
This is lovely, I can't wait to make it a vacation home for my simmies!
Alchemist
#4 Old 18th Sep 2007 at 12:00 PM
A beautiful beach house! Thank you!
Scholar
#5 Old 18th Sep 2007 at 7:17 PM
Very nice beach home. Thank you!

Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today

My Avatar? It's Corto Maltese - a pirate but a gentleman! His name stands for honor, honesty, confidence and the truth: THE TRUE FACE OF TSR
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 9:40 PM
A very nice beach home & thank you. However, I do have some feedback for this lot.
When I place it in one of the maxis created vacation destinations I am able to enter the lot just fine. BUT when placed in my neighborhood where all my sims live, if I try to enter the lot, it crashes. Tested this three times & each time I get application has failed. All my other homes work just fine, it only happens with this house. I will let you know if I have any problems with it in my vacation areas. Just wanted to post this in case anyone else was experiencing the same problem.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 20th Sep 2007 at 4:32 PM
Thanks so much everyone, for all the encouraging comments and thanks

ghogin -

Since reading your post I have tried this lot in all my "living" neighborhoods where I can place beach lots, with no crashing.

The only thing I can possibly think of (although I'm definitely not a troubleshooting genius) is that I noticed when I place the lot over a lot that wasn't exactly the same layout as the house (like the shoreline was a little thinner or steeper, or I placed over a lot that used to hold another house and the terrain was somewhat uneven), the trees down by the waterline are somewhat "submerged" in the sand/water. I don't know if the trees could be causing crashing, but maybe try entering the lot in a neighborhood where it's not crashing, remove the trees by the shore and then upload to your lots and housing bin...try placing the "fixed" lot instead of the packaged one you downloaded.

It's all I can think of that might be causing your issues, maybe someone with more knowledge of what causes crashes like that might have better ideas Sorry!
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 20th Sep 2007 at 11:36 PM
Thanks for the idea Caupi...I will try that out & see how it goes. :P
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 20th Sep 2007 at 11:37 PM
Thanks for the idea Caupi...I will try that out & see how it goes.