Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

REQUEST: No Summer Rain - REDOWNLOAD - No Summer Hail or Snow Either

by crumplebottom_marky4444 Posted 21st Sep 2007 at 12:31 AM - Updated 22nd Sep 2007 at 5:22 AM by crumplebottom_marky4444

15 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 12 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Inventor
#2 Old 21st Sep 2007 at 12:42 AM
Hmm this might be useful for my Strangetown type hood, I don't suppose it stops hail as well?

*♥.¸Here we go again .♥*
Forum Resident
#3 Old 21st Sep 2007 at 5:13 AM
thank u! I need this
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 21st Sep 2007 at 5:35 AM
If the Global Warming Theory is true (which it probably is), there will be more rain in many parts of the world. You should hack it even further so that it is only the deserts that lack any rain in the summer and make it so it rains rarely in the winter, as well as never hails. I live in the south-west in Phoenix, AZ and it frequently rains VERY hard in summer. It never rains more than 8" per year though... Anyways, the polar ice-caps melting would create more water to evaporate. That meens more rain, because water with salt (last I recall), melts and freezes quicker that water with salt. The poles are fresh water. When they melt, they could make the facade that was the "Noah's Arc" flood look like Mauna Loa compared to Vesuvius.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 21st Sep 2007 at 8:42 AM
oh yay! i was just thinking the other day how irritating the rain, it really makes my computer slow down and freeze every five or so seconds. :X

i hope it works with bon voyage!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Sep 2007 at 5:20 AM
First of all, I already have a global warming hack that doesn't change rain amount during summer. Please note it WAS a request, I don't believe in global warming personally, so don't go off thanking me for something that I don't even accept... I'm getting off topic!

Second off I was an idiot and forgot about hail and snow, so redownload this!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 22nd Sep 2007 at 1:42 PM
Thank you soo much! I love many of the parts of Seasons, but the Weather REALLY makes my system lag, so I tried summer, but, alas, still weather!

Thank you SO MUCH; I was considering trying to do it myself (and screwing up my game, most likely XD) if I couldn't find one.

"A world of fantasy at my hand; I am greater than the greatest man."
Test Subject
#8 Old 22nd Sep 2007 at 4:16 PM
Thanks again crumply

DWBH
"Don't Worry Be Happy" (Bob Marley)
Test Subject
#9 Old 22nd Sep 2007 at 5:47 PM
I'm really going to enjoy this, thank you! I was getting irritated at how no matter what my sims were doing, as soon as the precipitation started, they'd drop what they were doing and go to a window to look. The first thing I always did with every new lot was get the weather machine and set it for "clear sky". But now I won't have to worry about that. Thank you again.
Theorist
#10 Old 10th Oct 2007 at 9:49 PM
thank you!
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 17th Oct 2007 at 10:13 AM
Hi - thanks very much for this. May I be cheeky and request you do a version that disallows snow and hail during summer but still allows rain? If you don't have time or don't feel so inclined then this mod will do but I'd be ever so grateful if you could.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 3:01 AM
the first time i sent some simmies on vacation, it rained the whole time.

thank goodness simming doesn't have to totally resemble real life.

;-)
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
#13 Old 10th Apr 2008 at 12:17 AM
While I like having the seasons change in the game, I really don't like it when it rains three out of four summer days (that happens often enough in real life, thank you very much) - so this is a welcome mod indeed. Thank you!!
Scholar
#14 Old 1st Dec 2008 at 3:23 AM
I was looking for something like this because I'm trying to make a neighborhood with weather like my own local weather, which means no rain for five months of the year. Now I can set the seasons to spring, summer, summer, fall, and no rain in the summer, and approximate my local climate!

Global warming, by the way, doesn't care whether you believe in it. Not to argue in this context or anything: I'm just really grateful that I don't have to deal with inappropriate precipitation in my game! Thanks again.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 17th Oct 2010 at 7:37 AM
My sim just got home from the worst island vacation because of the endless rain (though not that really bad because he came home with three vacation benefits lol), which prompted me to search for a hack and found this. Thanks a lot man!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#16 Old 19th May 2012 at 4:54 AM
Thank you so much for this! While I like the seasons for the most part, I can't stand the fact that it rains practically all sim summer! My poor sims were barely able to get outside to swim or barbecue or anything. Now they can! Thanks again!