Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

-Insane Swimsuits- Women's Swimsuits Default Replacements

by Phaenoh Posted 29th Sep 2007 at 3:52 AM - Updated 10th Sep 2008 at 12:38 AM by Phaenoh

62 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 53 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Field Researcher
#2 Old 30th Sep 2007 at 8:44 PM
OMFG you read my mind. I was just thinking that I would like some of the swimsuits replaced, but not all. Def taking the flowers, both sets of one-pieces (wow the colours are nice), and tankinis. I appreciate what you did with the strappy string bikinis and I'm glad you left the other bikinis alone because I like those ones. I don't have Uni, so no YAs for me.
AWESOME

I basically just like to play uglacies.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 30th Sep 2007 at 11:36 PM
Thank you, Phaenoh, for separating each type. I don't have much of a problem with most of the female Maxis swimsuits, but I loved the "suit" replacements you made, with the trim and the nicer colors, so I just downloaded that. Thank you!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 1st Oct 2007 at 3:13 AM
Wow, these are all fantastic. Thank you SO much! I HATED the double-clasp ones, I KNOW that style doesn't look that bad in real life. I like the tankinis the way they are (though what you did with them was nice, especially taking that hideous purple-rainbow one and making it grey) but I did take everything else.

THANKYOU!
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Oct 2007 at 4:39 AM
I've never actually seen the doubleclasp style in real life, so I wouldn't know. I'm much more familar with the cut that I gave them instead, very swimteam race like. I liked the tankinis the way they were too, and i didn't even mind that purple rainbow one that much, but that was one of the ones that I heard people complaining about, so i had to change it somehow. I tried just shortening it, but that didn't actually work, so i borrowed a texture from one of the others and made it black and white.

Thanks for the comments everyone, they really make my day!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 1st Oct 2007 at 8:07 AM
Thank you! I cant wait to try these out. So much better than maxis style aka ugly style.

You had eyes to see.
Need help with that rusty tool? x-x
Test Subject
#7 Old 1st Oct 2007 at 3:09 PM
I've downloaded both of the suit packages - they badly needed work done to them and I think you've done a fantastic job. Can't wait to see them in game. Not sure whether I want to change the tanks, but what I love about your work is it's so easy to change my mind and take your changes back out! That's almost as important as the changes themselves! Great work. I have almost all of your stuff in my game and it makes a huge difference.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 1st Oct 2007 at 3:59 PM
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! i have all your defaults and they make my game so much more liveable!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 1st Oct 2007 at 5:26 PM
Thank you so much for these! I was just thinking about replacing the swimsuits...I have all your other replacement packages and they're just wonderful!

Now all we need is decent replacement bras for teen girls...and adult women too, I guess...
retired moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 1st Oct 2007 at 6:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jersey Princess
Now all we need is decent replacement bras for teen girls...and adult women too, I guess...
HUSH!!!!!! DON"T SPOIL THE SURPRISES!!! ;-)
Test Subject
#11 Old 1st Oct 2007 at 6:43 PM
Thank you for this! Much needed improvements! And thank you for splitting them up
Test Subject
#12 Old 3rd Oct 2007 at 3:51 AM
I really love your default replacements, I have nearly all of them in my game now! Very much appreciated. I just wanted to say though, deleting my thumbnails folder doesn't refresh the maxis icons for me, I don't know why.. but ctrl+right click on the thumbnail in the game works fine, and is much less of a hassle to those of us who only need to refresh a few of the thumbnails at a time. Thank you again for your hard work in making our clothes look so much better! (by the way, I'd love to see what you could come up with for athletic wear)
retired moderator
Original Poster
#13 Old 3rd Oct 2007 at 11:45 PM Last edited by Phaenoh : 2nd Feb 2008 at 12:27 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Greenbean
but ctrl+right click on the thumbnail in the game works fine, and is much less of a hassle to those of us who only need to refresh a few of the thumbnails at a time.
Good tip!

Quote: Originally posted by Greenbean
(by the way, I'd love to see what you could come up with for athletic wear)
Sorry, Athleticwear is fine the way it is, however, I have a game mod that moves some clothes to that category so you have more to choose from, and I'll be doing another one of those sets here soon as well. Have a linky --> http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=241850

Edit: I did end up fixing them. Check it out here --> http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=271327
Scholar
#14 Old 5th Oct 2007 at 10:15 AM Last edited by Annelae : 5th Oct 2007 at 10:16 AM. Reason: changed to a Thanks post
Quote: Originally posted by swampcandy
OMFG you read my mind. I was just thinking that I would like some of the swimsuits replaced, but not all. Def taking the flowers, both sets of one-pieces (wow the colours are nice), and tankinis. I appreciate what you did with the strappy string bikinis and I'm glad you left the other bikinis alone because I like those ones. I don't have Uni, so no YAs for me.
AWESOME

That's exactly what my case is. I like the flower ones though. I have a bad fashion sense (or lack thereof)
retired moderator
Original Poster
#15 Old 5th Oct 2007 at 6:06 PM
If liking the flowers means bad fashion sense, then I'm in trouble too. They didn't get changed much cuz I liked them 'mostly' the way they were. I just added a bit more color to them! Long live tye-dye?
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 9th Oct 2007 at 12:55 PM
Thank you for this! Much much better than Maxis' swimsuits! I've never used the double-clasp ones before, now I will.

Best regards,
Capricce
Field Researcher
#17 Old 9th Oct 2007 at 9:47 PM
This is so unfair... How come this one skipped my attention too??? Never mind.
*Gazes at replacements* They are such a remedy for the eyes after watching ugly Maxis textures. Thanks so much Phaenoh
Field Researcher
#18 Old 11th Oct 2007 at 7:43 PM
Three cheers for Phaenoh!!! Thank you! :D
Instructor
#19 Old 15th Oct 2007 at 8:03 PM
OMG thank you so much for these! I really like every single one of your default replacements! I don't really like to dload seperate clothing I prefer replacements and it's pretty rare that people do that with clothing! So your work is very highly appreciated! *hugs*
#20 Old 16th Oct 2007 at 12:01 AM
Wow you are super duper dedicated
Field Researcher
#21 Old 19th Oct 2007 at 4:17 AM
Oh my gosh....you are amazing. I've hated some of those swimsuits for so long. You are a sim goddess; in what way should I worship you? Insence burning and chants? Llama sacrifices?

retired moderator
Original Poster
#22 Old 19th Oct 2007 at 4:50 AM
I'm actually quite partial to large things that burn quickly with alot of show. Sparks and showers sing my praises best. lol, thanks for the comment! ...Come to think of it, alot of people have been calling for my elevation to sim goddess status. There is one other thing that I like almost as much as reading comments, its seeing my 'fan' club grow in number, if you like my work, add me to your favorite creator lists everybody!
Field Researcher
#23 Old 22nd Oct 2007 at 2:51 AM Last edited by Canoodle : 1st Mar 2008 at 12:22 AM. Reason: Converted to a 'thanks' post.
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
I'm actually quite partial to large things that burn quickly with alot of show. Sparks and showers sing my praises best. lol, thanks for the comment! ...Come to think of it, alot of people have been calling for my elevation to sim goddess status. There is one other thing that I like almost as much as reading comments, its seeing my 'fan' club grow in number, if you like my work, add me to your favorite creator lists everybody!

I will set off fireworks in your honor one night every week. And I will also certianly add you to my favority creator list.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#24 Old 22nd Oct 2007 at 3:48 AM
FIREWORKS!!!!! WHAT NIGHT? WHICH DIRECTION SHALL I FACE TO SEE THEM???....wait, apparently im a sim-goddess so the correct answer would be 'down'. lol.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 23rd Oct 2007 at 5:55 PM
Well....so maybe I dont really have the means for fireworks....do sparklers work? I know its quite a step down, I hope I have not incured thy wrath.
Page 1 of 3