Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Triple Magic

by frillen Posted 22nd Oct 2007 at 1:52 AM - Updated 9th Feb 2009 at 11:44 AM by frillen

32 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 27 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Moderator of pixels for pixels
retired moderator
#2 Old 24th Oct 2007 at 7:05 PM
Yay Frille! This is awesome sweets! Thanks so much for sharing

Need to know which object came with which EP or SP? Check the CEP Object database
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 24th Oct 2007 at 9:14 PM
OMG! You are a genious!!! Thanks!!!

Thanks²³²³²³²²!!!!!

So then I said to the gentlemen:
"Prognosticate? I thought you said promisitate."
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 24th Oct 2007 at 10:17 PM
Thank you so much!

I think your pond water surface hider is exactly what I need--I'm building a community aquarium, and I have a two storey tank made from the swimming pool, with the fish from both Maxis fish tanks (minus original tanks) placed on invisible slot files in groups--but I've been going nuts for quite awhile, trying to figure out some way to include an exhibit of the pond fish that can be viewed through some sort of window, but the pond water keeps getting in the way!

With some funky wall building, I think I can finally pull it off

And as much as I've always wanted a swimmable pond, those floor tile edges have always deterred me...

I'm going to have a look at your Blue Water Camping lot, and see what new possibilites open--I've already thought of frustrating building situations that I can use all three of these tools in.

Cheers!
Suzanne
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 24th Oct 2007 at 10:43 PM
How very interesting. You truely are amazing.

Retired from the Sims world. Please continue to enjoy my creations. Thank you to everyone who helped -- by either giving me the tools and knowledge to create or by encouraging me & downloading my creations. The Sims community is the BEST!
Test Subject
#6 Old 24th Oct 2007 at 11:31 PM
wheeeeee i can walk on water? IMA god :D
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 25th Oct 2007 at 4:07 AM
Looks like it'll be very useful for house building. Nice job.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 25th Oct 2007 at 5:30 AM
Frillen - master of floortiles - you rock :D
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
#9 Old 25th Oct 2007 at 6:31 AM
Sensational work Frillen - I will get HEAPS of use out of these items - ty so much for sharing!

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
Alchemist
#10 Old 25th Oct 2007 at 1:17 PM
At last, a TRULY invisible tile. I will enjoy using this. Will it not work with basegame, or just work less well?
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 25th Oct 2007 at 3:52 PM
this is the best modification on modthesims2. sorry other modders.
Test Subject
#12 Old 26th Oct 2007 at 5:53 AM
OMG Frillen...you are a genious! (Bows to a new GOD) I can't even count how many times I have wished for completely invisible floor tiles throughout my building expeditions. All three of these tools will come in extremely handy and I am CERTAIN that I will get oodles and oddles of use from them.
Thank you so much for creating such a fabulous and probably a much sought after object, and most of all, thanks for sharing it with us. I think you deserve to be featured for these objects!!

"If you don't think women are explosive, try dropping one!" ~ Anonymous
Inventor
#13 Old 27th Oct 2007 at 1:05 AM
This beats hiding the edges with bamboo!

Reyn Silversong-Sim Architect

Terms of Use-All of my stuff is available for use anywhere that is free. All I ask is credit and a link back to the objects in question, or the house they are featured with. DO NOT POST ON THE EXCHANGE!
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 27th Oct 2007 at 2:52 AM
WOW this is amazing!!! I can already see myself becoming a swim-pond-builder now *.* I never wanted to build a swimable pond just because of these ugly, ugly borders... ^^
THANK YOU for making and sharing these cooooool tools!!!!!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#15 Old 27th Oct 2007 at 5:24 AM
Thank you frillen! I've been waiting for the invisible floor tiles =) finally swimmable sea without funky edges in it!

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 28th Oct 2007 at 2:07 AM
I was just explaining to Harry how it will be impossible for me to build his little prison in the middle of an island just so he can have a place to send bad magicians! He informed me that the Dementors were getting restless and needed a place to play or the Muggles would suffer the consequences. Since he put it that way, for the 17th time tonight, I went in search of a tool to make Azkaban a reality...Then, I found your TRIPLE MAGIC! OMG!

Needless to say Azkaban will be built and young Mr. Potter will go on to be the greatest wizard the Magical World has ever seen!

In other words....THANK YOU for this. I was on the verge of giving up and creating something substandard! Thank you! Thank you!

stephanie b.

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Theorist
#17 Old 28th Oct 2007 at 7:40 PM
awesome!
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 8th Nov 2007 at 2:12 PM
The invisible tiles are most welcome. Thankyou.

Living high contrast
Scholar
#19 Old 8th Dec 2007 at 8:16 PM
Simply excellent ! Thank you and thanks plasticbox for advertising it ! (otherwise I would have miss it)

Understand Material definition-TXMT and customize the look of your objects ! This way

"The longer something exists in this world, the more wear and tear it will have."
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#20 Old 8th Dec 2007 at 8:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pixelhate
thanks plasticbox for advertising it!

Whee, it worked!

*is proud of marketing skillz*

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Alchemist
#21 Old 10th Apr 2008 at 7:25 AM
In case anyone may like to know, I have used two of these with basegame only. The floortile remover works beautifully in basegame. The invisible tile appears in the catalogue, but seems to do nothing, unless I have failed to use it properly.

Haven't tried the water hider.

Thanks Frillen!
Mad Poster
#22 Old 20th Apr 2008 at 11:33 PM
YES! You've saved my staircase!!! Thanks a trillion trillion!

"When life gives you lemons, see the lemons, feels the lemons, BE THE LEMONS!"

Take a look-see, hmm...? Go on, click them:
The Super Mario Project, Nintendorks Island-Celebrating 2 Years Online!
The ModFather
retired moderator
#23 Old 31st May 2008 at 9:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Quote: Originally posted by pixelhate
Thank you and thanks plasticbox for advertising it ! (otherwise I would have miss it)

Whee, it worked!
*is proud of marketing skillz*

It worked this way for me too! Not being a builder, I'm rarely aware of new building tools and techniques, and I missed so far this pearl! I'm in awe whenever I see hard problems solved with a simple and effective solution, like this.... Thanks and bravo to Frillen for having created theses extremely useful tools, and to Plasticbox for using them with such a great expertise! -

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#24 Old 25th Jul 2008 at 2:11 PM
These are so cool. I'm sorry I didn't find them sooner, but you know with deciding to get a degree rather than playing sims all day. . . scarifices, sacrifices. LoL

Dyslexics Untie :P
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#25 Old 21st Mar 2009 at 4:17 PM
Frillen, I've used your invisible tile in a lot I uploaded here and one of the downloaders was very confused because it got removed after moving sims in and out. This is logical I guess, since it's cloned from a plant, but actually doesn't make a lot of sense -- it's a build mode thing after all (or at least it behaves like one), not something that sims would buy and take with them.

Is it possible to somehow change this behaviour?

Page 1 of 2