Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Neighborhood camera III *works with Apartment Life*

by Masterofallvideogames Posted 1st Dec 2007 at 5:57 AM - Updated 22nd Sep 2008 at 10:01 PM by Masterofallvideogames : this is my top camera mod I'm picking it!

67 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 64 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Theorist
#2 Old 1st Dec 2007 at 10:47 AM
Thanks for this, Could you post the major Differences? That would help distingush between the three, Thanks!!

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Dec 2007 at 4:51 PM
Well it may not be readable with all those words in the qoute. It says a little faster movement, and smoother movement, plus all the changes from "Enchanced version of "Basic Camera Hack * Compatable with Bon Voyage*" . Enjoy

Everything I do, All Glory will GO TO GOD! All the praises Goes to the Lord on High!
I don't want to gain the whole world and loose my Soul!
MOAVGproductions Youtube channel, subscribe to it!
MOAVGproductions blog/site
Official Facebook page, like it!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 3rd Dec 2007 at 4:47 PM
Its great to be able to SEE my neighbourhood. Thanks for making that possible
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Dec 2007 at 12:17 AM
Thanks for the comment Cinderoy, glad you like it!

Everything I do, All Glory will GO TO GOD! All the praises Goes to the Lord on High!
Theorist
#6 Old 4th Dec 2007 at 9:43 AM
awesome thanks!
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 4th Dec 2007 at 10:46 PM
Glad you like it Y2kRobie

Lab Assistant
#8 Old 8th Dec 2007 at 6:29 PM
I have a question. Thanks by the way. This camera gets in closer, in fact the downward range is great, but on my larger neighborhoods, I have to scan to spot the house I am looking for. Can you make this one zoom outward as much? The way this works, I am searching, searching, instead of just zoom up and show the whole thing? If not, that 's okay, I just have to decide between this one and an older one that does get farther away. K
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 9th Dec 2007 at 7:41 PM Last edited by Masterofallvideogames : 9th Dec 2007 at 9:42 PM.
hmm... maybe I'll try to do that for you. I'll see what I can do, if at all I can do anything.

Edit: I tried and tried, I could not do it, sorry. do you want a camera that will mess up your neighborhood instead? heh-heh just joking, my friend. I really could not find a way to increase the zoom on it, except the ones I have.
I hope you understand,
M.O.A.V.G.

Lab Assistant
#10 Old 11th Dec 2007 at 6:44 AM
Thank you very much, this will make my game play better I think.

"Okay, I know what you're thinking. Eick, bad guy. You think I'm a super-villain like Dr. Doom or Apocalypse or-or The Riddler. But I admit I went over to the dark side, but just to pick up a few things, a-and now I'm back. I've learned. I'm good again."
Eick (Eickley)
Field Researcher
#11 Old 11th Dec 2007 at 1:59 PM Last edited by SleepycatDSL : 11th Dec 2007 at 2:09 PM.
odd, I've been using GunMods hood camera with BV without any trouble (once CC was enabled and the file replaced since EPs always overwrite hacked camera files)

I've even edited his to suit my own wants/needs. It took me hours of testing changes but I figured out some of it.

for the zooming out, you mostly need to edit the fov (field of view) line

this

zoom 1 (1100 1000 900 800 700 600 500 400 300)
fov (50 38 35 30 25 20 15 10 5)
clip (1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1) (5000 5000 5000 5000 5000 5000 5000 5000 5000)
pitch (40 40 40 40 40 40 40 40 40) (87 87 87 87 87 87 87 87 87)

orientation 0 (0 45 90 135 180 225 270 315)

smoothing 2 2
wheel 3

constrain .55 .55 .55 .55

lets you zoom out so you can see & reach the whole terrain.

the main numbers being

fov (50

each number being where the camera stops if you zoom out (or in) a bit at a time. 50 is enough to see all of the hood/terrain or very nearly all (depending on if you need a good screenshot of the 'whole' terrain)

I believe that the last number for fov affects how close you can zoom in. I didn't test it though, my only concern was to 'reach/see the whole terrain but not be able to zoom waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out' like GunMods original version allowed.

constrain .55 .55 .55 .55

affects how much of the terrain you can reach (and if I remember right - it also affects how far you can zoom Edit - actually it's hard to explain - you can zoom out and see the whole hood but it affects how much you can reach if you zoom in - ie; you zoom out and can see that house out on the edge, to enter it you would have to do it from the zoomed out position)
.55 is enough to reach & see the whole terrain, zoomed in or out. Now there really isn't much (if any) difference between .50 & .55 but .49 puts you right back to the maxis restriction.

zoom 1 (1100

I don't think it made much of a difference but I changed it from 1200 to 1100.

you can remove a 'stop point' in zoom but you must then remove a number from fov, clip (one from each section), pitch and orientation - they must have the same amount of numbers.

In this one they all have 9. screwing that up makes bad things happen to your camera in-game (as I discovered) but can be fixed without needing to reinstall the game. I think I had to reload the game a couple times (after fixing the camera file) for it to fix itself.

I didn't mess with the clip, pitch, orientation, smoothing or wheel (or anything else not shown here). I might at some point
Instructor
Original Poster
#12 Old 11th Dec 2007 at 11:02 PM Last edited by Masterofallvideogames : 11th Dec 2007 at 11:25 PM.
[QUOTE=SleepycatDSL]QUOTE]

Thank you so much! I'm going to upload this camera that you helped with!
Just do as the read me says. if you like this, thanks are welcomed here
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  NeighborhoodCamera.zip (871 Bytes, 320 downloads)

Field Researcher
#13 Old 13th Dec 2007 at 6:18 AM
your very welcome
Test Subject
#14 Old 16th Dec 2007 at 12:33 AM
A huge thank you to both Masterofallvideogames & SleepycatDSL, after I installed BV I found my old cam hack no longer worked and to say I was disappointed was an understatement! lol.. I can't wait to try this one out :-)
Instructor
Original Poster
#15 Old 16th Dec 2007 at 6:00 PM
Good thing SleepycatDSL and I, could help you

Lab Assistant
#16 Old 2nd Jan 2008 at 4:05 AM
Thanks so much for following up on this and also thanks to SleepyCat for the help to Masterofall.....I am going to try this ASAP, and then I will be able to see the entire neighborhood again. The main reason I wanted to do that is for urban development and planning, so as to place the correct types of houses relative to the 'downtown' areas or shopping areas of a neighborhood. In the big cities of the U.S. that I have been in, there is a "downtown" where the major retailers and big office buildings are, then a circumference of smaller office buildings, hospitals and apartment complexes, then a ring of lower class, cheap and rundown housing and boarded up businesses, then small working class homes, more apartments, and finally suburb areas with their own brand of strip malls and large mcmansions. So my larger neighborhoods loosely follow that pattern. Victorian neighborhoods aren't in the same pattern, but have one of their own, usually mansions almost into downtown and the poorest classes were mostly rural. Isn't all that just interesting? Thanks again, this will make planning my housing placement much easier. K
Instructor
Original Poster
#17 Old 4th Jan 2008 at 6:54 PM
That is very interesting! I want to do things like that to! I am glad you like my and sleepycatDsl ' cameras! enjoy

Test Subject
#18 Old 5th Jan 2008 at 4:48 AM
thank you so much!
I can't wait to try it..
I hope it is what I need~Lol
Instructor
Original Poster
#19 Old 11th Jan 2008 at 12:23 AM
jean0827, I hope this is what you needed as well o)

Test Subject
#20 Old 13th Jan 2008 at 12:31 PM
omg, for the first time ever I can see every little road in my neighbourhood .. thanks!
Instructor
Original Poster
#21 Old 13th Jan 2008 at 7:17 PM
You're welcome hildibrandr,
glad I could do a service to you!

Lab Assistant
#22 Old 13th Jan 2008 at 10:17 PM
Hi, First of all thank you for this download. I had big problems with my camera in the lot that came with seasons 'Riverblossom''. It became slower and slower and now it did not move at all. So I wanted to stop playing that lot. I am not so good with computers and thats why I don't like to download Mods. But when I read this thread I thought I try it once. So I backed up my game an backed up my camera and put yours in. Whooh, in Riverblossom the new camera(like we say in Holland) runs like a train. When I zoom out very much it will stand still like the old one. But when I click one or two times it goes really fast and I can see everything.
This is very good. The only thing I noticed is, that if you use the turning arrows it makes a very wide circle and comes backwhere it began. But that is not a problem at all. I also tryed it in a new lot I installed and there it did not stop when zoomed out, so there is something wrong with the riverblossom lot. I love this camera and want to thank you and Sleepycat DSL for all your work, I can play my lot again and it goes fast. Thank you
Instructor
Original Poster
#23 Old 14th Jan 2008 at 4:04 AM
Well... I can't say much there NANDO,
but your welcome and I am glad that you are happy. :p

Lab Assistant
#24 Old 30th Jan 2008 at 11:53 AM
Does this *only* affect the Neighbourhood Camera or does it change the in-house (while playing) camera as well?

Edit: nm, found out myself. Thanks for this, I will give it a go and see if I like it
Instructor
Original Poster
#25 Old 4th Feb 2008 at 12:00 AM
Thanks Nepheris,
I tried to do something to see about that, but it didn't work. So I *RECOMEND* you using if you want to view farther in the houses is "Gunmods" camera. I don't know what will happen, never used it, and probally won't..., that's it.

Page 1 of 3