Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

"Günebakan" Beach House

by smyrnaion Posted 5th Dec 2007 at 1:29 PM

23 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 21 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
#2 Old 5th Dec 2007 at 4:49 PM
gorgeous house! :D
just one question, is this built on a beach lot? so if i put it near the water it would come with it's beach?
thank you!
x
Test Subject
#3 Old 5th Dec 2007 at 5:34 PM
This is a great job for a first upload. I really like the high lattice with the pool underneath; it's very authentic looking.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th Dec 2007 at 5:42 PM
Thank you Lizzie!

And yes, this house is built on a beach lot and it comes with a private beach. I made this house for Twikkii Island and sims that live in this house have no problem swimming in it's sea
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Dec 2007 at 5:45 PM
Oh, I missed your post while I was typing an answer blitzgal. Thank you! Glad you liked my house
Field Researcher
#6 Old 5th Dec 2007 at 5:50 PM
Don't forget me, Smyrnaion I like your house very much, too. You got five stars from me! Thanks!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 5th Dec 2007 at 6:24 PM
See, I'm not forgetting you Ellesmera Glad you liked!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 5th Dec 2007 at 7:02 PM
Wow I love this!

How did you do the lattice walls? I have lattice fences and things in my game but I have no idea how to build a house over it or anything like that. Can you point in the direction of a tutorial or something you used to make that? Thanks.
Test Subject
#9 Old 5th Dec 2007 at 8:54 PM
This is awsome man and GREAT for a first upload!
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 5th Dec 2007 at 9:28 PM
It is beautiful, thanks!!!

*}·SeluXereZ·{*
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 5th Dec 2007 at 11:30 PM
Thank you so much for your comments, everybody! I really appreciate it

LadyAya, I don't know if there's a tutorial for that but here's what I did:

First of all, let me say that it's Reyn's lattice fences from "Poch Build Set" that allowed me to build the house this way. They are greatly useful and I don't know if other lattice fences etc. work the same way.

First I placed the lattice fences to draw the outline of the house, then placed the floor tiles one by one as more room for them opened with each tile I placed. However, when at some point the game refused to allow me to place more tiles because there was nothing underneath (or near it) to support it, I had to place some colums to enable placing tiles. The said colums can be seen in the middle of the pool btw.

Hope this is useful to you
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#12 Old 6th Dec 2007 at 12:43 AM
I am amazed! Most peoples first house uploads are rather, awful. I'm impressed that this is so good for a first upload AND its the first house you ever built! My first house back in Sims 1 was something terrible, I, like a lot of simmers, didn't understand the scale at first.
Congratulations. This is just lovely.
Test Subject
#13 Old 6th Dec 2007 at 6:46 AM
Lovely! Hope you will upload more houses for us to share.
Thank you :-)
Alchemist
#14 Old 6th Dec 2007 at 10:24 AM
A lovely beach house and a beautiful landscaping! Thanks,
Test Subject
#15 Old 6th Dec 2007 at 4:04 PM
Nice house and nice name for it
Test Subject
#16 Old 6th Dec 2007 at 6:53 PM
It is a very gorgeous home, I can't wait to put my sims in it!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 6th Dec 2007 at 7:47 PM
Thank you everybody, your comments are very important to me

And Phaenoh, thank you too for your encouraging comment. Ah yes, those first houses.. Yes, actually I tried my hand at making a house when I first had this game but after placing about, I don't know, 3 walls maybe, I had given up. Too bored to go any further Since then this is the first time I ever tried to build something and I'm so glad it gets such good comments. Thanks again!
Test Subject
#18 Old 6th Dec 2007 at 9:40 PM
Ummm... I had kind of a problem when I uploaded this house to my game. Everytime I tried to go to the house to edit it or move a family in, my game kept crashing. When I got rid of the house the game was fine. Am I the only one who had this problem?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 6th Dec 2007 at 11:41 PM
cupcake28, thanks for reporting this problem. Seeing that you have all the required EPs and did not report anything flashing blue (oh, those are kinda my biggest fear about this lot. I hope I'm right when I assume there's nothing flashing blue?) I thought it might be about terrain level and moved the house to another place on the same beach... and there, my game crashed too.

Then I tried to enter the house a couple of times and it stubbornly crashed my game a couple of times but on my third try, it worked and I was able to go to the house without my game crashing. This is annoying... I think it really has to do with the slightly different terrain level although I'm not an expert about these stuff.

Now, even though I can enter the lot, the beach part of the house is not what it should be. The chairs I placed there for example are half bured in the sand.

But when I move the house back to place where I built it, everything's fine. And that place is right in front of that empty starter vacation home. ("brickstone retreat" I guess) I attached the image below.

Could you please place the house there and try to enter it again? I'd really appreciate it if you report the result back. Thank you and hope this time it works.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 8th Dec 2007 at 5:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by smyrnaion
Thank you so much for your comments, everybody! I really appreciate it

LadyAya, I don't know if there's a tutorial for that but here's what I did:

First of all, let me say that it's Reyn's lattice fences from "Poch Build Set" that allowed me to build the house this way. They are greatly useful and I don't know if other lattice fences etc. work the same way.

First I placed the lattice fences to draw the outline of the house, then placed the floor tiles one by one as more room for them opened with each tile I placed. However, when at some point the game refused to allow me to place more tiles because there was nothing underneath (or near it) to support it, I had to place some colums to enable placing tiles. The said colums can be seen in the middle of the pool btw.

Hope this is useful to you

I'm going to try this. Thank you very much.
Test Subject
#21 Old 2nd May 2009 at 9:37 PM
This is beautiful! Thanks!
Test Subject
#22 Old 14th Aug 2009 at 3:16 PM Last edited by suebee922 : 14th Aug 2009 at 7:39 PM.
This vacation house is perfect
I did a little modification such that it fits in 4 sims with 2 guest rooms. The beach is so beautiful!! Thanks a lot
Test Subject
#23 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 10:55 AM
wow! this is really good
thanks so much! my sims are gonna LOVE it!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 25th Oct 2015 at 6:04 AM
thanks ja