Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

20 Maxis Floors as Terrain Paint

by Phaenoh Posted 7th Dec 2007 at 5:48 AM - Updated 3rd Aug 2008 at 12:17 AM by Phaenoh

40 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 34 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Alchemist
#2 Old 8th Dec 2007 at 8:06 AM
A very creative and useful idea! Thanks!
I hope your surgery is not hurting you so much anymore and you´ll probably think of entering your grannys old farm in the next contest. That sounds like fun!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 8th Dec 2007 at 8:08 AM
very useful,many thanks :D
Test Subject
#4 Old 8th Dec 2007 at 9:04 AM
Wow, yes, very useful indeed. I stayed away from using the stone floors outside as it just didn't seem natural enough to me. Now I know why! These will definitly will be used in my game.

Also, very excited that you're going to tackle some of the stuff pack clothing! Are the H&M men's jeans on your list?
Test Subject
#5 Old 8th Dec 2007 at 9:13 AM
What a brilliant idea. Hope you are feeling better soon.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 8th Dec 2007 at 10:06 AM
I much prefer the blending effect too and these will be really useful! Hope you're feeling better
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 8th Dec 2007 at 11:18 AM
Yay, this is such a good idea. I can't wait to start using these - just last night I was frustrated with the terrain paints! Maybe the surgery left you slightly psychic?

I hope you feel better soon.
Scholar
#8 Old 8th Dec 2007 at 12:07 PM
Interesting idea. Hehe so thanks to your dentist too but especially for you Phaenoh.

All of nature is within us and we are part of all nature (Chief White Cloud)
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#9 Old 8th Dec 2007 at 1:46 PM
This is really cool, and I agree that there should be more terrain paint for landscaping. I can't wait to see them in game. Thanks so much for taking the time to do these. Hope to see more clothes from you too :D
Alchemist
#10 Old 8th Dec 2007 at 1:50 PM
Thank you so much! I also get annoyed by the straight edges by using stone & wood floor tiles outside. I end up using the cut stump edgers on everything, lol. You are brilliant to have found this solution!

While I'm commenting: I was playing your Patio Villa lot all day yesterday. I've been using the Nana series houses on Twikki Island, for owned vacation houses. (I just remove the driveways)
The Patio Villa house is especially appropriate to Twikii's eternal summer. My Sims had a great honeymoon there. :D
I came here today actually to comment on the Patio Villa & the Nana series, because I'm loving them so much in play.
I use a lot of your stuff in my game: I love the cartoony Maxis style, but not so much the fugly, lol. It is high time I thanked you for all you've done to improve that! (lol, I do always click the Thanks for you, but I've never commented)

I hope you recover quickly from the surgery!
Field Researcher
#11 Old 8th Dec 2007 at 2:10 PM
Ya don't think this is creative?! I've been wanting something like this for a while now. So in my book you're a creative genious They look great! Thank you! I hope you're recovery goes well. I remember when I had mine done. Felt pretty good after I came to, but after everything wore off and I couldn't eat what I wanted, no fun Feel better soon!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 8th Dec 2007 at 2:38 PM
When I saw this upload, I thought to myself, "I thought Phaenoh did creative stuff. Not Maxis flooring." And then I saw these. Wonderful! Gorgeous! I thought I didn't need any more flooring, but you have just proved me wrong!

Save the earth, its the only planet with chocolate.
Test Subject
#13 Old 8th Dec 2007 at 4:17 PM
Thank you sooooo much for your 20 Maxis tiles as floor paint! They are just what I needed because I have Pets and hate having my Sims clean up "puddles" from the doggies left on floor tile every day. Now they just have to pick some weeds every now and then! And I don't have to look at plain grass! Your creativity and ingenuity are greatly appreciated!!!!
Field Researcher
#14 Old 8th Dec 2007 at 6:37 PM
These are wonderful! I hate straight edges & have been wishing for something just like this. and so many!!! *happy dance* Thanks so much! I feel your pain too lol...I had my wisdom teeth cut out a few years back...not fun!

You can find some of my older houses HERE
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#15 Old 8th Dec 2007 at 7:44 PM
So I just got up from yet another nap and I find that they have been approved and commented on by so many! Thank you everyone!

Updated on healing: The place where they cut is healing all right, but I think the dentist nicked my right cheek, so that is all swollen and possibly infected too (imagine biting the inside of your cheek). My mom sometimes forgets that I have to have food before my pain meds so I've been awfully nauseous lately. Thats no fun. I've also got the worst headache I've ever had in my life for the last two days, I thought it might be a reaction to the meds, but mom called the pharmacist/dentist/dunnowho and they said its often because the patient is clenching their teeth causing muscle tension. I think they might be right on that, so I tried to sleep without doing that. Headache isn't nearly as bad as it was this morning. On the positive side, I'm not feeling nearly as dizzy when I stand up! (That was from jaw being so swollen it was affecting my balance in my ears)

Thanks again for your kind words everyone!
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 8th Dec 2007 at 11:23 PM
Glad to hear you are feeling better!

Update: Played with them in-game, and they're gorgeous! You are right, there is a HUGE difference between floor tiles and terrain paints. But they look great.

Save the earth, its the only planet with chocolate.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 9th Dec 2007 at 4:19 AM
These are very nice ! Thanks for sharing!
Test Subject
#18 Old 9th Dec 2007 at 8:55 PM
Those are so useful to me! These are the Maxis floors I use most *lol*

Thanks a lot for sharing :D
Field Researcher
#19 Old 9th Dec 2007 at 9:36 PM
Thank God it's been a long time coming, and i'm gald it came from you. thanks

my personal life can be supported by veiwing this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-n2z-Q6x6eU and others on my youtube page. I believe there's a few building tutorials there aswell. I create rather sporadically, so excuse me if I'm gone from this website for months or years at a time.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 11th Dec 2007 at 1:52 AM
aw! i hope you get better darlin!
surgery sucks face >>

but oral isnt normally TOO bad. i mean i've never had my wisdom teeth removed *knocks on wood*

but i got my theeth pulled out while i was little.

buuuuut i think thats differnt XD;;

still, feel better! :D

what a marvolous idea! if i ever stop being lazy, ill download them! :D
Field Researcher
#21 Old 11th Dec 2007 at 5:48 PM
OOhh this is wonderful!! Thanks!! :D
*Hope you feel better soon!!
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 15th Dec 2007 at 1:15 AM
Very nice work Thank you for sharing!
Mad Poster
#23 Old 26th Dec 2007 at 6:59 PM
What a great idea!! These are items truly lacking in the game. They will be VERY useful and I love the more relaxed, homey look that the terrain paints will provide. Kudlos and Thanks!!
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 2nd Jan 2008 at 8:12 PM
I just started using these and I had to come back to say thanks! They're perfect!
Test Subject
#25 Old 26th Feb 2008 at 6:12 AM Last edited by Canoodle : 29th Feb 2008 at 11:43 PM. Reason: Converted to a 'thanks' post.
Thank you, thank you so much!

All my houses (literally ALL of them) have the same dirt terrain walkway because the floor terrains always bug me when I try to use them. It makes for boring walkways.

It's a brilliant solution to the problem, thank you so much!!!
Page 1 of 2