Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Curius Family

by alexasrosa Posted 18th Dec 2007 at 12:04 PM - Updated 28th Jan 2008 at 12:25 PM by alexasrosa

16 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 14 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#2 Old 19th Dec 2007 at 1:51 AM
Love downloads that have stories to back them, especially ones that teach you a bit too!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 19th Dec 2007 at 3:38 AM
I love your download, as an Ancient Rome fanatic as well as historic (I love historical fiction novels), this is by far an amazing download. I too agree with Phaenoh :D
Alchemist
#4 Old 19th Dec 2007 at 7:12 AM
A beautiful family with lots of possibilities for all kinds of implications! Thanks,
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 19th Dec 2007 at 2:54 PM
Beautiful! This makes me want to make a Roman-themed neighborhood!
Test Subject
#6 Old 19th Dec 2007 at 5:27 PM
This set is absolutely gorgeous! Thank you so much for making it!
Forum Resident
#7 Old 19th Dec 2007 at 8:06 PM
Thanks, not only for the awesome sims but for the history lesson as well!
Maravilhoso!

"If you suspect you won't like the answer, then don't make the question"
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 19th Dec 2007 at 8:37 PM
Hello, Alex
You did it again!! It's great!
These make me feel like creating a roman neighborhood for my sims.
Thank you very much!
Test Subject
#9 Old 20th Dec 2007 at 12:27 PM Last edited by BeyondTheScreen : 20th Dec 2007 at 12:30 PM. Reason: typos
Hello Alex,
as I'm rebuilding Pompeii I'm in desperate need of roman-themed downloads. Finding something like your "familia Curius" makes me jump up and down like a rubber-ball - literally!
Your creations are absolutely fabulous! I can't thank you enough for sharing them (because I'm totally without talent for creating stuff for my Sims myself).
So, a very big "Thank You Very Much" for all your gorgeous creations and a Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year to you and your family!
Marco aka BeyondTheScreen
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 21st Dec 2007 at 6:58 AM
Hi Alex,
Thank You for creating such amazing different things from different time era's.
You have gave us so many things that have just made our games fun to enjoy.
Thanks again
Test Subject
#11 Old 28th Jan 2008 at 1:40 AM
Could you pinpoint the Liana mesh for me? I'm having issues finding the '016'. It doesn't seem to be there...
Instructor
Original Poster
#12 Old 28th Jan 2008 at 12:27 PM
She changed the site layout so I cannot find it. But, as she allows it, I'm enclosing the mesh: check the zips

When all Courage is necessary, all Hope is justified!

To know something about me read: this interview
Test Subject
#13 Old 14th Feb 2008 at 11:59 PM
First thank you for putting up a normal family from the Roman Empire, Most people only see the luxerious part of Rome, which I must say is simply devine and disgusting I mean come one who throws up in the middle of a meal, but actually there is something you aren't completely noting here that is a very useful bit of information when it comes to the cultural aspect of this time in history. The idea of citizenship, you probably know that citizenship requires that you are 18 or older, a male, and are serving or have served in the military. This would mean that not only were the slaves concidered property but so was Gaia (interesting name, the kind motherly earth titan as a vain woman) and her daughter were technically property of Tiberius, this would mean that really although Gaia can be vain it was very uncommon for the husband to serve her every whim, although Romans weren't as bad at the Greeks when it came to the treatment of women (aka take the key and lock her up style of marriage, with the exception of Medea and probably Euripidies' main ladies) the Romans still saw women as property not separate, although going out for some entertainment together wasn't looked down upon even in the upper classes. Still you might want to at least note that in your history tidbit, still great job on the classes, and do I detect some linen being worn.
Instructor
Original Poster
#14 Old 15th Feb 2008 at 11:43 AM
I think you’re right, and without wanting to get into a Roman Society Debate here, I would like to point out that the status of the women changed quite a bit over the years, especially towards the end of the republic.
And they were quite capable of standing out for themselves when needed, as the pressure and public mutiny against the Oppian Law showed, when women took the streets and the forum for days, until they were able to prevent a law that would forbid them to own more than half an ounce of gold, or wear a dress dyed in a variety of colours, or ride in a horse-drawn carriage in a city or town or within a mile of it except on holy days.

Pliny shows us several examples of very strong and independent woman and in Hadrian’s time a married woman didn’t need a guardian (or husband) to draft her will and a father would not dream of forcing his daughter to marriage.
There are examples of (free) women who were merchants, doctors or even gladiators.

The laws regarding the female gender were the ones that changed the most during the roman times, no doubt showing the importance it has on the fabrication of an empire

When all Courage is necessary, all Hope is justified!

To know something about me read: this interview
Test Subject
#15 Old 21st Feb 2008 at 2:14 AM
Thank you very much that clears up quite a bit. Out of curiousity though if this is during the Republic period is the social status equestrian, or as I more suspect plebeians? Or did the family exist during the Empirical age of Rome? I'm just curious since I am concidering creating a story for the Republic era of Rome.
Test Subject
#16 Old 11th Jan 2009 at 2:34 PM
Love it! Thank you so much for this download
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 13th Apr 2012 at 10:49 PM
tank you very much i was looking for this everywhere. i'm so happy to find this that i don't even mind the TON of mesh needed + files to download