Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

New Career! The Artist

by DarinClark2004 Posted 21st Dec 2007 at 3:11 PM - Updated 29th Aug 2009 at 7:27 PM by DarinClark2004 : Requested by moderators

34 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 31 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 30th Dec 2007 at 11:20 PM
ooo fun fun! :D
Test Subject
#3 Old 31st Dec 2007 at 10:59 AM
omg... I am an artist and that's wht I wanna be... this job is gr8!!!! thank u!

My soul is burning and I love it... All I need is Him... And Him I have... Why is He so close but so far away from me... Let my soul go and WE will be as one in the night with full moon!
Alchemist
#4 Old 31st Dec 2007 at 12:18 PM
Very good, I like the working hours, and new careers, new challenge! Thanks,
Field Researcher
#5 Old 31st Dec 2007 at 5:49 PM
Great idea! I have a quick question though. This is actually the first career I've ever downloaded. I'm not quite sure how I'm suppose to install it into the game. Does it go in my downloads folder or a different one?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 31st Dec 2007 at 7:26 PM
Default response
Quote: Originally posted by midnightmetal84
Great idea! I have a quick question though. This is actually the first career I've ever downloaded. I'm not quite sure how I'm suppose to install it into the game. Does it go in my downloads folder or a different one?

Yes, just put the unzipped file into your downloads folder and the plug-in does the rest as the game loads itself. Try some of my other careeres while you are at it.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 1st Jan 2008 at 5:10 PM
Thanks and I will
Test Subject
#8 Old 2nd Jan 2008 at 12:49 PM
A career for artists *__*
I was looking for something like that and now I found it. Great work! Congratulations
Test Subject
#9 Old 8th Jan 2008 at 5:11 PM
Thanks! just yesterday i was wishing there was an artist career ingame for my sim and now there will be !
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 2:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Moonstar
Thanks! just yesterday i was wishing there was an artist career ingame for my sim and now there will be !

Yes, I wanted an artist career for one of my sims to. That is pretty much why I made it, self-intrest.
Test Subject
#11 Old 15th Jan 2008 at 2:29 PM
Great! If it's vanilla compatible does it work with EPs?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 16th Jan 2008 at 2:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kokomas
Great! If it's vanilla compatible does it work with EPs?

It should work with all EPs as it was built in base-game mode but, I have never heard of vanilla compatable.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#13 Old 16th Jan 2008 at 2:35 PM
Vanilla = (in this case) basegame only

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 16th Jan 2008 at 9:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
Vanilla = (in this case) basegame only

Well I only own one EP (Nightlife) and even though it was built in basegame-compatable mode it works with this EP just fine. Since it works with this EP it cannot be "base-game only". This goes for my performer career as well.
Test Subject
#15 Old 28th Apr 2008 at 2:27 PM
Seems interesting... So, what's the custom career reward?

Don't fear death, for it's life that causes you pain...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 30th Apr 2008 at 1:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rakastajatar69
Seems interesting... So, what's the custom career reward?

The career reward is the hydroponic garden.
Test Subject
#17 Old 4th May 2008 at 2:57 AM
Is there any way you could make this available in .zip format? I just switched to mac and can't figure out how to extract .rar packages, and I really want this career!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 14th May 2008 at 6:12 AM
I do not have the ability to convert this to a .zip format at this time but I'll look into this when I get some spare time (in about 2 weeks.)
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#19 Old 14th May 2008 at 3:05 PM
There is no need to clutter up the server with unnecessary zip files... just click the "Need help with downloading or installing content? Click this link!" link.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 21st Jul 2008 at 6:08 AM
Wonderful work! Me and my simmians thank you!

Wow, it's beautiful outside. I should probably do something....

Like close the blinds on my window so there isn't a glare on my computer screen.
Test Subject
#21 Old 19th Oct 2008 at 2:50 PM
this is awesome.i always wanted to be an artist...then i changed my mind!haha.now i wanna be a theropist for some odd reason.lol.thank-you so very much
Test Subject
#22 Old 19th Oct 2008 at 2:51 PM
all the smileys are from all my happy sims!!!
Test Subject
#23 Old 27th Oct 2008 at 10:26 AM
Hi, I can't wait to test this out. Just wondering If there's anyway to modify the job hours as the job level gets higher.

Seems a SimPicasso or Rembrant would make their masterpieces as they wish (i.e. few and far between and therefore more valuble/higher demand) and have more free time at the top of their careers. Also massively greater pay for priceless one of a kinds.

This is in no way a critique, I was just wondering. Thanks so much for this career.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 27th Oct 2008 at 6:12 PM
Default Sorry
Quote: Originally posted by DaSpecial1
Hi, I can't wait to test this out. Just wondering If there's anyway to modify the job hours as the job level gets higher.

Seems a SimPicasso or Rembrant would make their masterpieces as they wish (i.e. few and far between and therefore more valuble/higher demand) and have more free time at the top of their careers. Also massively greater pay for priceless one of a kinds.

This is in no way a critique, I was just wondering. Thanks so much for this career.

With the use of the SimsPE programming platform, I must choose one set of hours to encompass all of the various types of artists out there. Not just the painters, but the frame artists, the sculptors, the packaging designers, the credit developers, the glass blowers, the wood carvers, and many-many various artists on down the line. I deliberatly made this career very vauge to encombass many different types of artitst for sims and I had to go with a set of hours that would allow them to earn a high-wage and yet still have enough spare time for the sim itself.
If you wish, you can use SimPE yourself to change the hours of work on your copy of the download. Just download a copy of SimPE to enable you to open the artist career package.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 14th Dec 2008 at 6:02 AM
Thanks for this! =D
Does it work for elders??
Page 1 of 2