Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Neighborhood decorations can be placed anywhere.

by saramkirk Posted 27th Dec 2007 at 12:14 AM - Updated 30th Jan 2008 at 7:30 AM by saramkirk

79 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 64 Feedback Posts, 14 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Test Subject
#2 Old 27th Dec 2007 at 12:29 AM
It is soo great. Thx. Tomorrow I'll test it. :*
Instructor
#3 Old 27th Dec 2007 at 2:41 AM
I've been wanting something like this for a long time!!! Thanks a lot, I hope it works. (I let you know if it doesn't )

"The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory. "
Test Subject
#4 Old 27th Dec 2007 at 3:24 AM
Great Idea thank you for sharing.
Alchemist
#5 Old 27th Dec 2007 at 3:34 AM
This is so wonderful.

Update: July 2009-I am back now to make invisible and tranparent recolors again in sims 2. You can pm me if you want your objects to be invisible and transparent from now.
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 27th Dec 2007 at 6:38 AM
Wow this is fantastic and to be able to decorate where ever we want and to make it look so amazing.
Thank You
Alchemist
#7 Old 27th Dec 2007 at 9:47 AM
What an improvement again! Thanks,
Test Subject
#8 Old 27th Dec 2007 at 10:41 AM
Great work! But I have one question. How can I unistall it?
I downloaded it and I wanted to remove it after that. But when I deleted the files, I still could place objects on the road :/ Please help!
Instructor
#9 Old 27th Dec 2007 at 11:07 AM
Foczki - Did you have the same problem after shutting off the computer? Hacks that are somehow global hacks don't disappear by simply deleting. TS2 remains active in the computer memory to allow faster loading. It is what we use to call TSR (terminate and stay resident). Most big programs TSR to allow fast reloading. Shut down the computer (no hot start) and the memory will be cleaned for next start.

Saramkirk - Very interesting. I'm wonder if the hood objects would not increase dramatically the processor use. Normally they do if you place far too many decorations on the hood view.
It will be a very good alternative because besides looking dull with forests inside a lot, trees and plants are also heavy objects. If I could place stones of different sizes around pools I could have a perfect paradise with just enough plants to be nice.
Stones in fact are perfect decorations cause they don't have any kind of interaction available. Besides hood objects have to have LOD90 once they are meant to be seen at hood view.

Thanks for the idea. Very welcome.
Test Subject
#10 Old 27th Dec 2007 at 12:36 PM Last edited by Foczki : 27th Dec 2007 at 12:50 PM.
It didnt work ;( Other ideas, how to get to my "normal" game?
Theorist
#11 Old 27th Dec 2007 at 12:57 PM
All I a-whant, For chrismaa-ahaaahaass- Isss-is
This Hack.
Seriosly.
I can't belive it's finially here, I'm so shuffed I can't Think for a 'whowzers man!' sorta post.

Thankyou! Lots.

ZOMG ITS APSOLUTLY AMAZEING! AHHHHHHHH NEEDED IT FOR LIKE EVER!
WHOWWWWWW!
AHAHAHAHAHA I BURSTS MY BRAIN!
etc, etc :D

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Field Researcher
#12 Old 27th Dec 2007 at 8:33 PM
Thankyou so much for this hack, it must be one of the most useful tools for beautiful building/pictures so far.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 27th Dec 2007 at 9:22 PM Last edited by saramkirk : 27th Dec 2007 at 9:28 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by xptl297
Saramkirk - Very interesting. I'm wonder if the hood objects would not increase dramatically the processor use. Normally they do if you place far too many decorations on the hood view.
It will be a very good alternative because besides looking dull with forests inside a lot, trees and plants are also heavy objects. If I could place stones of different sizes around pools I could have a perfect paradise with just enough plants to be nice.
Stones in fact are perfect decorations cause they don't have any kind of interaction available. Besides hood objects have to have LOD90 once they are meant to be seen at hood view.

Nhood objects are indeed very low-poly, so they should not cause too much lag from inside the lot. I have never experienced problems from using too many nhood objects, although I have heard that too many trees can cause lag. I think it all comes down to the fact that having lot view enabled does in fact put a strain on the system resources. However, this would be true whether you had houses close to your lot, or nhood objects. Obviously having to render nhood objects causes the system to work harder, as opposed to having lot view completely turned off.

By the way, do you have my smaller nhood stones? http://modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=169082

I will be posting even smaller stones soon.

geocities.com/saramkirk
Merge Pleasantview, Strangetown, Veronaville. Keep terrains/deco, houses, relationships!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 27th Dec 2007 at 9:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Foczki
It didnt work ;( Other ideas, how to get to my "normal" game?

Delete the file Groups.cache, which can be found in C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\ This file can keep copies of global hacks, and continue to use the hacked code even once you have removed the actual hack. That file should be deleted often, and especially after installing or uninstalling hacks.

geocities.com/saramkirk
Merge Pleasantview, Strangetown, Veronaville. Keep terrains/deco, houses, relationships!
Test Subject
#16 Old 28th Dec 2007 at 12:59 PM Last edited by Black Kitten : 28th Dec 2007 at 1:00 PM. Reason: I spelled download wrong. >.<
Oh. I´m SO going to download that! So cool! ^^
Test Subject
#17 Old 28th Dec 2007 at 6:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by saramkirk
Delete the file Groups.cache, which can be found in C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\ This file can keep copies of global hacks, and continue to use the hacked code even once you have removed the actual hack. That file should be deleted often, and especially after installing or uninstalling hacks.

It worked xD Thanks!
I had to unistall the hack, because my sister didn't like it But I love it
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 28th Dec 2007 at 7:09 PM
Thank you! I really really appreciate this hack.
Theorist
#19 Old 29th Dec 2007 at 7:43 AM
awesome
Test Subject
#20 Old 31st Dec 2007 at 5:57 PM
Great! Thanks.
Test Subject
#21 Old 2nd Jan 2008 at 4:47 PM
GoooooooooooooooooD
Yes. i will try this it should be very good. thank you. you may want to do V.2 now seeing all the bugs above.

also this is really good beacuse you can try and make a 'Sims 2 Castaway' story when you don't have castaway.

(damn it cant they have castaway for pc???????)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 3rd Jan 2008 at 12:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimBoy48
Yes. i will try this it should be very good. thank you. you may want to do V.2 now seeing all the bugs above.

What bugs would that be, since you've deleted your other post?

geocities.com/saramkirk
Field Researcher
#23 Old 4th Jan 2008 at 7:16 PM
Thank you, it works like a charm! Now I need brand new nice hood objects - like mill wings without the mill, lol. BTW stuff like spires, coupols and other bigger deco on houses would also be great to have as hood objects.
Test Subject
#24 Old 6th Jan 2008 at 9:26 PM
Now this is definatly worth having.I am always trying to make pools and ponds,ect.look more realistic.I don't particularly like straight edges.Thank you so much.
I am realy excited about this.Now all i need is a better video card.I get so jelous when i see some of the peoples pools like look so real.I mean mine are pretty but they don't look real,but i think my husband is going to get a new computer when we get our taxes back and then i get his .His even though not new looks alot better then mine
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 11th Jan 2008 at 8:32 AM
Wow I really been saying this line here a lot lately to you hackers, but it just how I feel.

"I love you sooo much for this!!!" "I really love it"

Thank you sooo much......can't wait to use this.
Once again, I love you for this.
Page 1 of 4