Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Agriculture Career (Custom Carpool and Uniforms)

by FennShysa Posted 3rd Jan 2008 at 12:18 AM - Updated 3rd Mar 2011 at 5:36 PM by whiterider

38 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 33 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
#2 Old 10th Jan 2008 at 1:38 PM
This looks really interesting! I'm definitely going to have my sims try this out. Thanks for sharing your hard work!

More of my work can be found @
Sims2Artists.
Test Subject
#3 Old 10th Jan 2008 at 2:09 PM
THis is great, thanks for sharing. Will this job come up as an aspiration?
Scholar
#4 Old 10th Jan 2008 at 2:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sansurecan
THis is great, thanks for sharing. Will this job come up as an aspiration?

I'm afraid that only Maxis created careers ever come up as a lifetime aspiration. When I can get them, I usually use either "Max out 7 skills" or "Earn 100000" as a lifetime aspiration.

Imagine a world without hypothetical situations
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 10th Jan 2008 at 3:25 PM
Looks great as always, love your icons. Only thing i have to complain about is the high wages, for me i'd want my farmers making minimum wages, at least in the lower classes. As it is now i "think" that even the lowest level of Business (that suitcase icon) is paying less than being a Green thumb at the moment.
Theorist
#6 Old 10th Jan 2008 at 4:58 PM
What a wonderful idea! I look forward to playing this one.
Scholar
#7 Old 10th Jan 2008 at 6:38 PM
Great career again FennShysa ! And a beautiful addition to the contest ! Good luck to you and thank you !

PS : Again SD. :D

All of nature is within us and we are part of all nature (Chief White Cloud)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 10th Jan 2008 at 7:48 PM
Thanks everyone.

Sansurecan: I wish I knew how to control the lifetime want fulfilling, but I don't. If anything, since I use the science career as a base, it would fulfill the "mad scientist" want, but I don't think it even does that.

Simathome: You're probably right. But I think a lot of the Maxis careers make too little money when compared with other Maxis careers. Natural Scientist is a higher paying job than Medical, and that contains surgeons and hospital CEOs. My personal preference is for higher paying jobs, but not ridiculously high.

Feel free to PM me with career requests. I don't guarantee I'll do any particular one, but I'll consider each.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 10th Jan 2008 at 8:12 PM
Another career by you is always cause for celebration!

>This is not a Maxis recolor, but I am forced to choose from several options that do not apply to careers.

Um, actually, there's Game Modifications, Careers.

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 10th Jan 2008 at 10:39 PM
Thanks for the compliment!

As far as the second part of your post goes: yes, that works when you submit a creation normally, but there's something about when you submit for a contest (I imagine that it's because contests have many different types of uploads), but there's a question that comes up where you have three options to choose from: Maxis Recolor, Custom Mesh, and Custom Mesh Recolor. You can't bypass the screen and the only way to submit your creation is to choose one. None of them apply to a career, but I have to choose one. I asked Whiterider about it and I was told that they have looked for solutions to this problem, but they can't solve it at the moment. So I just choose one and move on, but I did put the sentence you quoted up at the top so people wouldn't get the wrong idea.

Feel free to PM me with career requests. I don't guarantee I'll do any particular one, but I'll consider each.
Alchemist
#11 Old 11th Jan 2008 at 6:53 AM
This will be so enjoyed! Thanks,
Forum Resident
#12 Old 11th Jan 2008 at 1:00 PM
Thanks that I can combine this great idea now with my old lot I use already for a longer time! It gives some new options for playing.
hexameter
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 11th Jan 2008 at 4:09 PM
I hope you enjoy it! Thanks for the compliments.

Lab Assistant
#14 Old 13th Jan 2008 at 4:20 PM
A great addition to careers! Thanks for this.

--- Tatiana ---

You can find out more about my creations at the SterlingSims2 Creator's Forum Tatiana's Tea Room.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 13th Jan 2008 at 6:09 PM
You're welcome!

Test Subject
#16 Old 29th Mar 2008 at 8:37 AM
Cool, I love your careers.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 3rd Apr 2008 at 2:30 AM
Thanks!

Test Subject
#18 Old 12th Apr 2008 at 3:38 AM
It crashes upon startup for me. Do you know of any conflicts there might be?
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 2nd Jul 2008 at 1:06 AM
What is Cow Plants? Is that in Uni? I've never seen it in my game and I have Nightlife, Uni, and Pets.

---------------------------------
Playing The Sims 3 - Sims 3 Snapshots & Stories
Field Researcher
#20 Old 1st Aug 2008 at 4:59 AM
i like this career!!

thank you very much

I can't speak read and write english. I'm sorry if you can't understand!.
Test Subject
#21 Old 30th Oct 2008 at 10:13 PM
:cylon:About the glitch...:cylon:

It's so minor that I doubt that you should have to worry about any bad complaints, plus thanks for the warning ahead of time, if I find out how to fix this in the game then I'll give you the solution.

P.S. I'm not able to fix it by changing the coding but in-game I may be able to.

So if I find out what is wrong it should in making this better.
Test Subject
#22 Old 30th Oct 2008 at 10:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by irony
What is Cow Plants? Is that in Uni? I've never seen it in my game and I have Nightlife, Uni, and Pets.

It is a career reward, your sim must complete a career to unlock these.
*Limit 1 per sim(except for cheats)*
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 19th Nov 2008 at 10:21 PM
El Scotto: Do you have just the basegame? None of my careers that have custom carpools will work in the basegame. Beyond that, I don't know why it would crash. Maybe a conflict with another download?

irony: The Cow Plant is a career reward for the Natural Scientist career from University. I have also used it as the career reward for this career. You have to get to level 5 or 6 to get the reward.

s sut: Thanks!

junoh315: If you find out I would be interested in knowing the solution.

Test Subject
#24 Old 13th Feb 2009 at 1:40 PM
Thank you so much! As a real life farmer (well, farmer's wife, lol) I am happy to see some of my sims get into Ag as a career too!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 13th Feb 2009 at 2:45 PM
You're welcome. Truthfully, I never would have done this career except for the contest, but it does seem to fill a gap in the game, doesn't it?

Page 1 of 2