Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Valdore Type Warbird- Updated 2-15-08

by jasonduskey Posted 9th Jan 2008 at 3:41 AM - Updated 4th Sep 2008 at 2:11 PM by jasonduskey

16 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 15 Feedback Posts
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 5:15 PM
I'm sorry, but I'm a bit confused... Is that a real spacecraft or a Residential lot? Its hard to tell...

(Seriously, OMG! This is the best one yet!)

It might look I'm doing nothing, but at the molecular level I'm really quite busy.
~Anonymous
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#3 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 7:00 PM
I'm assuming that space terrrain is a neighborhood shot? Where did you get it from? In the thumbnail you can't see the stars and it has kinda inspired me to see what I can come up with. Maybe add in some dust clouds and such, space really isn't that black and empty, it has SO much depth!

I love reading and looking at all your creations, I don't download because though I'm a die hard Trekkie, I can't seem to wrap my head around mixing ST and Sims. I love seeing others do it though. Great work here.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 10th Jan 2008 at 12:15 AM
The terrain's from here: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=263668

I'm not a trekkie, so I'm not familiar with the ship, but it looks amazing. Very very nice work

Please don't PM/IM me with requests
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Jan 2008 at 1:04 AM
Phaenoh: Rowenaenchantress did the terrain, it's a default replacement for the Maxis dirt terrain. I'm toying with the idea of making wormholes and comets and such as neighborhood objects, but I don't know if I'm up to the task. It may have to wait, anyway. My projects list keeps getting bigger. Forgive me for snapping at you the other time, and thanks for your constant support.
MooreSpino: The best is yet to come. I've got 3 in drydock as I type this.
Thanks, all, for the feedback

I'm no longer active here. My latest creations can be found here:

https://blueheavensims.wordpress.com
retired moderator
#6 Old 10th Jan 2008 at 1:30 AM
You snapped at me? If you did it has been forgotten. I can be rather tackless sometimes and then I deserve it but I get used to it so it gets forgotten quickly. I'm about to see what my slightly changed version looks like.

Dang, the original looks really cool in game to begin with. I ended up with a hood that has water in it, and kinda could look like a nebula... I'll do a bit of tweaking with it, if I get anything good I'll send you pics and you can upload mine if you like. Neighborhood objects sound like a very good plan. I have yet to find a tutorial on them though.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 10th Jan 2008 at 1:07 PM
I made the neiberhood replacement terrain purely for my own use, but decided to upload it when I saw other people would be interested too. It really IS plain... mainly because I just didn't have time or skills to make it better and when I was making it I didn't mean to upload it.
Feel free to do whatever you want with it, I would only feel honored.

My medieval legacy: Rowena's Sims
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 10th Jan 2008 at 1:10 PM
And to the ship... it's absolutely amazing, as always!

My medieval legacy: Rowena's Sims
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 10th Jan 2008 at 1:29 PM
Amazing!

Resistance is Futile
retired moderator
#10 Old 10th Jan 2008 at 5:49 PM
Thank you Rowen, for your terrain and for your open policy, and I've already tried some tweaking by throwing in some real outer space pics, but the way Maxis has things repeating, I couldn't get anything to look decent, so I'm dropping it. Sorries!
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 13th Jan 2008 at 4:36 AM
Ummmmmm .... this looks ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!! but ... none of my sims can move in!!! For some reason the lot price comes up as $2,064,023,507 ... the highest the family's money seems to go is 9,999,999 ... but suddenly it went up to 10,000,000 something, so I will keep trying.

I don't have all the EP's it says is required, but I said, hey, I'll download it anyway, see if it works?? It just still might!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#12 Old 13th Jan 2008 at 5:11 AM
The problem is I built it using BV. If you don't have all the EP's up to and including BV, it won't work for you. I apologize for the inconvenience, but I waited 3 months for a BV-compatible version of SimPE so I could play the game with all the new objects and features and I don't plan to uninstall it any time soon. I'm sorry, sister.

Lab Assistant
#13 Old 13th Jan 2008 at 5:28 AM
OK, nope, it just crashed my game when trying to enter the lot (empty still).
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 13th Jan 2008 at 5:29 AM
THat's fine, it was worth it anyway, I can still place it in the neighborhood, just not enter it!!
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 18th Jan 2008 at 2:44 AM
Expansion packs and custom content are 2 taboo topics in builder's land. On the one hand, you want to share your objects/lots with as many people who would like to have them, but then you also want to have access to all the newer items (for cloning, building and playing). I sacrificed my STUFF packs as I really don't NEED many of the items to create my lots. However, the Expansion Packs are good to have. I personally love BV more than other Expansion Packs as it comes with so many useful items (piano, sauna room, TREES, windows, etc.). As for custom content, all of it has a place. What is the point of people creating awesome objects that inspire my building, if I can't include these creations in my lots. I cleared a lot of custom content and used only EA/Maxis items, but the effect just is not the same! What's absolutely funny is that people are getting to a place where they "expect" you to accommodate them.

Carenrose, It's refreshing to see your genuine interest and enthusiasm for the design that you would love it so much you would leave it in your game and not be able to enter it ! That's cool!

Hey Jason! That's a testiment to your designs...This ship is indeed one of my favorites so far, but I'm sure you will create others to impress! Thanks for sharing your Sci-fi visions with the Sim community!

I'm off to read before bed!
steph

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#16 Old 18th Jan 2008 at 3:12 AM
I couldn't have said it better. Us object creators had to wait MONTHS for a BV-compatible version of SimPE. I like to think I'm fairly accomodating, but if I want to tinker with the new BV objects, and play the game with all the new features, I have to leave it installed. Sadly if I do this, not as many people can enjoy my lots. It's a tough situation.
The texture maps make it work, Steph. I can make all kinds of funky shapes with Blender, but my design skills are a bit limited. I just built the lot. It was your texturing skills that really make it stand out, in my opinion. Thank you again for putting effort and vision into the walls and texture maps.

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#17 Old 16th Feb 2008 at 1:34 AM
Default Deckplans
roughly. I'm no expert on Romulan ship layout.
Screenshots