Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Derelict Dreamhome - Starter for the Brave - now in Seasons version too!

by aelflaed Posted 14th Jan 2008 at 10:30 PM - Updated 10th Feb 2014 at 10:06 PM by Phaenoh

113 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 104 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 5
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 15th Jan 2008 at 1:33 AM
Hmmm... okay... can't say this lot is cute, but it definitely is interesting... Looks like a fun challenge as well, maybe I will try it out with this lot! Thanks for sharing!
Test Subject
#3 Old 15th Jan 2008 at 1:56 AM
Love it! lol i mean the challenge. cant wait to see how this house plays out.
Test Subject
#4 Old 15th Jan 2008 at 2:43 AM
I love this house. It's always difficult having to dirty up the houses yourself. :<

Thanks!
Field Researcher
#5 Old 15th Jan 2008 at 2:44 AM
i tried to use this in my game... and it installed ok and all that.. but when i wnet to play in it with my neat freak time stayed still.. it loaded and it froze. i duno why and im guttered coz i wanted to try the challng. do you know what EP are needed for the orginal house?

the amount of pills I'm taking, counteracts the booze I'm drinking
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 15th Jan 2008 at 3:12 AM
FAB house... this is soooooooo perfect for my Virgo SIMs. Thanks!

-Carrie :)
Alchemist
Original Poster
#7 Old 15th Jan 2008 at 3:50 AM Last edited by aelflaed : 15th Jan 2008 at 4:09 AM.
bassist, did you try re-installing or re-downloading? Did you install any other CC that might cause the problem?

The original Messie Messlot definitely requires NL and Uni, plus probably Pets and maybe BV. You have to register on the Sims Society site to get the download, but it's free.

If anyone else has bassist's problem with the house freezing, PLEASE report it and I will fix it if I can.

aixlachaise, I think you'll find the house cute enough after giving it a makeover!

(edit) I have just downloaded the house from this thread, installed and begun to play it with no trouble. I took out all other CC too. The only thing I see wrong with it is the lack of terrain paints, which is a basegame bug that happens frequently.

So, I'm thinking bassist's issue is probably related to something else. However, do still report here if you find the house not working properly.
Test Subject
#8 Old 15th Jan 2008 at 4:03 AM
Unfortunately, I'm also having a similar problem. My game crashed during the loading screen. I'm disappointed because I was looking forward to a fix-it-upper. I have all the expansion and stuff packs installed and I really don't have any controversial CC that I think could be causing a problem. Hopefully this can get fixed!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#9 Old 15th Jan 2008 at 4:12 AM Last edited by aelflaed : 27th Jan 2008 at 1:13 AM.
Ah, we're cross-posting.

It didn't freeze for me, and I'm halfway through having my sim clean the bathroom. I'll see if I can work out what is going wrong. Thanks for reporting, angii.

I've only tested the house in basegame. I'll test in my full game, which is Seasons. If you two have BV, perhaps something there is conflicting.

EDIT 27 Jan 2008 - Here is a message from Canoodle, which may help people having difficulty with ANY downloaded lots:
Quote:
Here are some of the Wiki links that deal with this problem;
http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...lp:Game_Problem General gamehelp FAQ.
Bad lot FAQ (note that this is the FAQ that deals with missing EP's) http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...me_Help:Bad_Lot

If the downloader doesn't have the required EP's, the lot will crash the game when clicked on in the lot bin.

If the lot places, and they are able to play the lot and then experience problems, it is probably due to user and/or game files. In this case, the first FAQ should be used to isolate the problem files and/or folders.

And sometimes, like in my few sporadic cases, the lot places and then crashes when I click on it to enter. I can't play the lot at all. That's the 'mystery' crash. :/ I PM'd the creator and asked if they had removed custom terrain paints, which is one reason for this type of crash, and they stated they had not. So, it's an enigma. *shrug*.
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#10 Old 15th Jan 2008 at 4:48 AM
I've been wanting to play this challenge for a while, but I wasn't able to download the lot, something about not being registered. Whatever, THANK YOU for creating this lot, it looks awful ;-) but has real potential! CAN"T WAIT!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#11 Old 15th Jan 2008 at 6:05 AM
I've played the lot, downloaded from here, in my full game. I have all EPs except Pets and BV.

The lot did NOT freeze, but it did behave a bit oddly. The broken appliances were all magically 'fixed', and the kitchen counters clean. The roaches, puddles and odours were mostly missing too. All the leftover food was there, but not stinking and with the 'resume cooking' option.

The bugs did appear by the end of Day 1, and the plumbing and appliances wanted cleaning too. However, they still weren't broken, nor did they _look_ dirty. Interesting.

I suspect this means that for higher EPs (maybe Pets onwards) something in the game changed. I'll keep investigating.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 15th Jan 2008 at 6:47 AM Last edited by bassist_bitch : 15th Jan 2008 at 6:59 AM.
i just opened a diff lot to check wether or not it was some CC in my game and it worked fine, i have uni only. and i did reinstall it... the same thing happened

the amount of pills I'm taking, counteracts the booze I'm drinking
Field Researcher
#13 Old 15th Jan 2008 at 7:59 AM Last edited by bbc100 : 15th Jan 2008 at 10:51 PM.
wow i just downloaded it i'll c if it works!

I tested it but most of the stuff went black after I called some1 like the maid then went q,yes. Went back in,cant buy,build or go quit!!!Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got no cc!!!

I am MOHAAPlayer on Discord
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 15th Jan 2008 at 9:37 AM
I had no problems whatsoever. I'm thoroughly enjoying this. I'll post a pic of my results for you :D

btw - I do not have Uni (yet)

-Carrie :)
Alchemist
Original Poster
#15 Old 15th Jan 2008 at 10:07 AM Last edited by aelflaed : 19th Jan 2008 at 6:55 AM.
bbc100, sorry. That doesn't sound like the same glitch others reported. What EPs do you have? (EDIT - I tried re-installing the house and calling all the service people on the first day - nothing went black or crashed.)

cnj6768, I'm very happy it worked for you. I don't know what is going on, I haven't had this happen to other uploads. Still trying to figure it out. Something funny happening, certainly.
Test Subject
#16 Old 15th Jan 2008 at 2:21 PM
Hey
this house is.. well not beautiful - yet ^^
i mean if s.o plays and cleans up everything it would be very cool ^^

Addicted to Caaats!
And Sims :)
Test Subject
#17 Old 15th Jan 2008 at 7:02 PM
I loaded the house just fine in my game, the only exception was no roaches ;(....other than that, very cool idea! I do have NL, UNIV, Pets, and Seasons.
Alchemist
#18 Old 15th Jan 2008 at 7:30 PM
Well, this house is a mess. In this case it means a compliment. I enjoy the fact that I can´t smell it. Thanks,
Field Researcher
#19 Old 15th Jan 2008 at 10:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aelflaed
bbc100, sorry. That doesn't sound like the same glitch others reported. What EPs do you have?

Only Base Game but i've got EP3 & EP5 not on it bcause OFB will not work & I cant find the bookelt 4 Seasons!!!

& dont call the mail,flowers person,xterm8ter or the Fix-it 1 or most of it will go black!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am MOHAAPlayer on Discord
Forum Resident
#20 Old 16th Jan 2008 at 12:22 AM
I downloaded and played this last night and it worked like a charm... oh except the recliner was in the way of a plate of food, but I fixed that easily by putting the recliner in the Sim's inventory.

I've got Nightlife, Seasons and BV (plus a couple of stuff packs)

Quid agis, medice?

My nickname is Purple Ginger
My nickname's nickname is Ping
Test Subject
#21 Old 16th Jan 2008 at 5:44 AM
I downloaded this house and it works quite well for me. I played it for 2 sim days and had no problems. Some of the things mentioned by others like the fixtures were not broken and food had no flies I also experienced, but it is not a big deal to me.

I have Uni,NL,OFB,Pets,Seasons,and BV as well as FFS & GS. I also have a ton of CC including many hacks. So i can't imagine what could be causing other games to crash.
Hope this helps. I really love this house
Alchemist
Original Poster
#22 Old 16th Jan 2008 at 10:13 AM
bbc100, maybe stuff going black is your sims' bad karma for calling in the maid instead of cleaning the house him/herself! Having tried getting in a maid myself, nothing went black, but the maid worked ALL day (Day 2, my sim had done his best the day before already), and then quit without finishing.
This job is too big for one maid.

I'm glad to hear most people are NOT having trouble. I may have to make a version for the later EP's, as it looks like Seasons and BV (maybe Pets?) are 'fixing' things on installation. I'll have to test that option.

Thanks to everyone who has reported either success or failure in playing the house. I don't like to think I may have uploaded something buggy. It seems the problem is only affecting a few people, which is a relief. If I can pinpoint the problem and fix it, I will.

I'll check in again soon. Happy simming!
Field Researcher
#23 Old 16th Jan 2008 at 1:09 PM
Tried for the last couple of days to download this file and extract. However when i extract it says with WinRAR and WinZIP that the file is corrupt.

Any assistance would be grateful

Many thanks

Deborah

Please ignore. I got it installed. Many thanks.

Will let you know how it plays.
Test Subject
#24 Old 16th Jan 2008 at 5:04 PM
Too bad about the Seasons issue... Still very fun though! Took me a few sim days to find a hidden piece of pizza; couldn't figure out where in the heck the sound of flies was coming from -- it was driving me absolutely bonkers! :D
Thank you muchly
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 16th Jan 2008 at 8:51 PM
It could be nice if it wasn't so awful! LOL
Great job! How long does it take to bring a house to such a mess?
I loved the message of Discomposed about pizza. Very funny.
Page 1 of 5