Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Masumi Fujiwara - Ruthless Lawyer

by brilliantcat Posted 20th Jan 2008 at 6:20 AM

11 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 10 Feedback Posts
Test Subject
#2 Old 20th Jan 2008 at 9:34 PM
"it's easy to see where Masumi inherited her exotic looks" "Deceptively soft-spoken"
"Her Japanese heritage has given her a strong work ethic and perfectionistic streak"
I hope you change the discription of this sim. It has some offensive stereotypes about Japanese women.
Not actually evil.
#3 Old 20th Jan 2008 at 9:39 PM Last edited by CatOfEvilGenius : 20th Jan 2008 at 9:46 PM.
Masumi's Franco-Japanese features are lovely, but it's the story I love! I play Sims2 for the storytelling and each sims unique personality and free will behavior, so thank you for sharing the story.

I found nothing offensive in your description of Masumi. Japanese culture DOES value hard work and drive, and it is a fact that some Japanese ladies (as those of any nationality) are good looking. You never said ALL Japanese women are good looking and hard working, so you're not making generalizations. If you HAD claimed all Japanese women are good looking and hard working, that wouldn't necessarily be true, but I would be hard pressed to call it offensive.
Bowties are cool.
retired moderator
#4 Old 20th Jan 2008 at 11:32 PM
I really like this Sim and especially description. I don't see nothing mean about it,'twas a nice read indeed
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Jan 2008 at 3:24 AM
The simplest definition of stereotype is a generalization typical of a person or group. In and of themselves, stereotypes are not negative. It was not my intention to create a negative image of asian women in any way. I did want Masumi to have some characteristics typical of asian cultures. I fail to see, however, how strong work ethics and perfectionism are offensive. Her "exotic looks" are the result of her mixed heritage, not simply her asian heritage, and I was using her soft-spokenness as a contrast to her fierceness in court. Being soft-spoken in her case has nothing whatsoever to do with her heritage, but with her character. If she had been German or Jamaican or American or Canadian or Australian... she'd still have been soft-spoken. I'm sorry if you were offended by anything, but I'm slightly confused as to what's offensive about positive traits like being hard-working.
Banned
#6 Old 21st Jan 2008 at 1:18 PM
that was so well done
Alchemist
#7 Old 21st Jan 2008 at 4:52 PM
I agree! She seems to be some personality! The Sims are so much more worthwhile if there are some individuality differences between all those dolls! Thanks for this outstanding, interesting and multicultural simdoll!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 18th Feb 2008 at 5:35 AM
brilliantcat you totally right. nothing offensive at all ^^ I loove the sim! thank you!
Test Subject
#9 Old 17th Jul 2008 at 4:25 AM
Darkopacity is not very ummm...yea...she is wonderful and forget what that person said...it a SIM for crying out loud.

Shut up! Damn lol...hehehehe
Test Subject
#10 Old 24th Jul 2008 at 10:55 AM
Brilliantcat! I never knew you made this sim! Every time I see her, I kind of chuckle to myself about the "ruthless lawyer" part.

I'm Korean, not Japanese, but I'm still not offended. I mean, being exotic and soft spoken are totally MEAN comments (/sarcasm), but I still think the sim is beautiful.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 12th Dec 2008 at 12:32 AM Last edited by Nessa Narmolanya : 4th Jan 2009 at 8:50 PM.
I love this Sim. It's nice when there's a background story.

One thing though, what's happened to Hair #88, it doesn't seem to exist... I tried the website and it jumps from #87 to #89. Have they deleted it, or is it hidden elsewhere in the site? I've tried a few other hairs on her, but I think the XMS one suits her best. Wish I could get it though

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I found the hair! #88 does not exist. The hair used is #68 which is currently on page 40 of the XMS2 site. Thought I'd let you know so it can be changed.
Banned
#12 Old 4th Jan 2009 at 6:09 PM
I love her she's pretty, great for my Asian family!