Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Firefly Class Transport

by jasonduskey Posted 22nd Jan 2008 at 2:50 AM - Updated 17th Sep 2008 at 10:47 PM by jasonduskey

21 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 19 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 22nd Jan 2008 at 3:46 PM
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 22nd Jan 2008 at 5:25 PM
This is impressive to behold. Just the precision in shapes on the exterior are nice. I had never heard of this series, so I looked up info on the net. Man, I love the look of the ship. I've also seen metal images of the ship. You did a spectacular job capturing the essence of the ship. Another great addition to sci-fi neighborhoods.

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 22nd Jan 2008 at 8:55 PM
A sci-fi/western? Now I have to watch it...

Very cool looking, I like these unique shapes your meshes give to ship/houses.

It might look I'm doing nothing, but at the molecular level I'm really quite busy.
~Anonymous
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Jan 2008 at 8:56 PM
Thanks, sister. The shape is really unique. I took some liberties with your steel wall to make the various pieces of the hull match the exterior walls. I'm glad you like it.
Thanks for the feedback, people

I'm no longer active here. My latest creations can be found here:

https://blueheavensims.wordpress.com
Instructor
#6 Old 22nd Jan 2008 at 9:13 PM
Default Yippie!
I've been waiting for someone to do this for years. Thank you!!!
Forum Resident
#7 Old 23rd Jan 2008 at 4:17 AM
dang. jasonduskey san. you love to make ships alot and I like your style of ships..

"Anyone who dares oppose me no, the Life Fibers will suffer the same fate." ~Ragyo Kiryuin
Test Subject
#8 Old 23rd Jan 2008 at 8:06 AM
2 magnetic grappler launchers, 2 Blue Sun 6V4-178-B31 trace compression blocks, 36 RCS thrusters, 4.2g acceleration... dang, that ship is shiny...

Check out my Simblr !
Test Subject
#9 Old 23rd Jan 2008 at 6:46 PM
I love Firefly, I have the series and movie on DVD. Thank you sooo much!!!
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 24th Jan 2008 at 1:36 AM
FINNALLY! Man, I have been waiting and waiting and waiting for someone to do this! Great work too!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#11 Old 24th Jan 2008 at 4:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FalseZen
I've been waiting for someone to do this for years. Thank you!!!

Quote: Originally posted by IceFox
FINNALLY! Man, I have been waiting and waiting and waiting for someone to do this! Great work too!

Errm, I do take requests

Lab Assistant
#12 Old 24th Jan 2008 at 5:55 PM
Great job dude :D

Dakeyras
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 24th Jan 2008 at 8:05 PM
Great Job!

Resistance is Futile
Theorist
#14 Old 1st Feb 2008 at 8:38 PM
Wow! I'm just amazed at what you can do with ship's hulls, you've taken Sims 2 space designs to a whole new level, Jason! I don't seem to find time to actually play the game anymore, but this looks so seductive... perhaps in my dreams.

Yes, I did catch one or two episodes, the series did look good. DVD is the way to go anyway.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#15 Old 1st Feb 2008 at 11:25 PM
It is truly a unique and imaginative series, brother. Before I built the lot, I watched the entire series (haven't seen the movie yet) just to get a feel for it so I wouldn't be building blind. The creator of the series made each part of the ship unique, to reflect the personality of its primary occupant. (Wash had the bridge, Kaylee the engine room, Simon the infirmary, etc.) I tried to replicate that when I built the lot.

Test Subject
#16 Old 15th Mar 2008 at 7:20 PM
I can't believe I didn't come across this before today. I love the series and I'm absolutely thrilled to see some Firefly content. I now want to download this, fill the cargo hold with cattle and have Inara and Mal drink tea above them all day!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#17 Old 15th Mar 2008 at 11:49 PM
That was a good episode. I'd thought about including a link to some cows on the original post, but never got to it. There's some good cows here: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=265231

Test Subject
#18 Old 27th May 2008 at 9:53 PM
this is amazing beyond amazing. just downloaded it, can't wait to play. thank you a million times for this, i couldn't be more excited! firefly > everything. joss = god.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 7th Sep 2008 at 1:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jasonduskey
Errm, I do take requests

I love your ships! Do you still take requests/suggestions? If you do I've been dying for someone to make the Normandy from the game Mass Effect. My commander Shepard misses her ship ^_^
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#20 Old 7th Sep 2008 at 11:36 PM
I'm sorry. At this point, real life and personal projects occupy 99.99% of my available time. I've tried to do requests but I can't keep up with the demand, and there are a few bad apples out there who get the idea that because you take /have taken requests, you owe it to them to drop everything you're doing and work on their requests. The offer in my profile stands, if you'd like to learn to do it yourself, I can point you in the right direction.

Test Subject
#21 Old 19th Dec 2008 at 12:17 PM
THANK YOU!! My browncoat sims needed a place to hang up their hat after a day of doing no good Shiny!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 27th Dec 2011 at 8:52 PM
Shiny! Let's be bad guys.