Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

chakaru skins made into defaults

by dachshundsr4me Posted 4th Feb 2008 at 3:22 AM - Updated 8th Feb 2008 at 7:26 PM by dachshundsr4me

35 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 29 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 7th Feb 2008 at 10:41 PM
Heee ^_^ There they are. Thank you and Ghen for making them! *hugs*
Test Subject
#3 Old 8th Feb 2008 at 12:03 AM
Simply gorgeous.
Test Subject
#4 Old 7th Feb 2008 at 11:57 PM
these are soooooo beautiful and very nicely done. I love them, thank u both u talentive creators
Field Researcher
#5 Old 8th Feb 2008 at 1:00 AM
These are beautiful skintones so it's great you made them as defaults hon ;-) Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 8th Feb 2008 at 2:14 AM
Great choice of skintones, nice that you made the dark default a bit lighter than other default skinsets, so when I start up a clean neighborhood and the game creates townies and npcs there won't be strange things like red-haired and blond sims with very dark skins...and as chakaru's skins have a nice variety and are very cute, these will be my defaults definately!

Thanks a lot!

Need to bin the hair you create? To geneticize your eyeset or skinset? so PM me!:)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th Feb 2008 at 4:12 AM
I am glad you folks are liking these. The only thing I take credit for is the idea to make these defaults. Ghen is the one who did the defaulting and my gosh without Chakaru we would not even be here talking how wonderful these skintones are. She is wonderful with color. I will make sure to pass on all the thanks.
Test Subject
#8 Old 8th Feb 2008 at 7:22 AM
Not stir up trouble, but if someone else made these into defaults, shouldn't they be uploading them?
Alchemist
#9 Old 8th Feb 2008 at 7:40 AM
This is wonderful news! This skin is beautiful! Thank you all!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 8th Feb 2008 at 7:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vermillionclouds
Not stir up trouble, but if someone else made these into defaults, shouldn't they be uploading them?

I was asked by both Ghen and Chakaru if I could possibly upload these for them as both are very busy right now. I hope that clears up anything of anyone thinking funny.
Test Subject
#11 Old 9th Feb 2008 at 11:41 AM
Thanks to Ghen and you for turning these into defaults. I've been looking for a default set i really like for forever and there it is !

And many thanks to Chakaru for these gorgeous skintones !

Who ? Me ?!?
Test Subject
#12 Old 17th Feb 2008 at 8:34 PM
Hi--couple of questions:
1) The photos on the models make the skins look very yellow, but the thumbnails don't. Which is more accurate?
2) Are these skins barbie or nonbarbie?
Thank you!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 18th Feb 2008 at 11:45 AM
they are lovely skintones. Not sure where you are seeing yellowish at on my monitor the skintones show to be very peachy in color. They are also mostly barbie meaning that below the waistline are no added features.
Instructor
#14 Old 19th Feb 2008 at 12:57 AM
Yeah the model pics seem to have some sort of yellow shine to me too and the skin chart seems fine. O_o

But anyways, I'll just check out the original threads to see the colors so no need to worry.

Thx a lot!
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 19th Feb 2008 at 10:58 PM
Tremendous thanks to everyone involved! I found these skintones and immediately wondered, "Where is the default set? I must have a default set!" Now I've found it. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Test Subject
#16 Old 28th Feb 2008 at 11:19 AM
Thanks for uploading these. Do you plan or Ghen plan on making any more Chakaru defaults? I'm really impressed with how they show up in game; much better than the photos. I really want her two new, dark skins as defaults and two of the darker of her lighter skintones (if that makes sense) as I don't like to have very, very pale defaults.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 29th Feb 2008 at 12:48 PM
I love these, but there seems to be a minor problem with them. I don't know whether it's from Chakaru's work or Ghen's, but half of my Sims now have the same dark eye color - which I don't even have downloaded. Do you know why this could be?
Test Subject
#18 Old 9th Mar 2008 at 5:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by michaelajand
I love these, but there seems to be a minor problem with them. I don't know whether it's from Chakaru's work or Ghen's, but half of my Sims now have the same dark eye color - which I don't even have downloaded. Do you know why this could be?

Do they also seem to have "fixed" faces, like if they were once very outrageous and ugly, they are now pretty-fied? I haven't even downloaded these default skins and I have that problem sometimes. It's only on certain community lots, though. I do have many of Chakaru's non-default skins, but I also have some mods and the InSIMinator, so I'm not sure what could be causing that problem.

As for these skins, I am very happy to find defaults. I am just now getting into the realm of defaults, and I hate having a custom-skinned sim marry a Maxis townie only to have plain, boring skin tones in the children. I will be very excited to use these. Thanks to all three of you!
Test Subject
#19 Old 10th Mar 2008 at 12:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by michaelajand

The dark eye colour is a part of the skin, it might be showing up because you've removed/deleted their original eye colour.
Scholar
#20 Old 12th Mar 2008 at 2:35 AM
Do you think you can do a second default please? Something closer to the maxis colors because I think light and pale are too similar and theres a big color gap between the 2nd and 3rd skincolor :O

Only if you guys have time to make it though lol Please and thanks!
Test Subject
#21 Old 7th Apr 2008 at 8:21 PM
Can you please change this??
I would like to have LIght as Light
Tan as medium
Dark as Tan
ANd NIght as Dark, that would be much better.
I don't know if that is hard to do, but it ´would be much better
Test Subject
#22 Old 15th Apr 2008 at 4:49 PM Last edited by simsloverplayer : 15th Apr 2008 at 4:55 PM.
Do the faces really look that relistic when you download these skins and also if I download these default skins will I still be able to use the maxis ones?I'd like to use both.Are these barbie or non barbie skins?
Test Subject
#23 Old 15th Apr 2008 at 7:04 PM
This isn't showing up in body shop.I downloaded the medium one and it's not in bodyshop under skin or faces.I unzip it with WinRAR and it's in my downloads but doesn't show up in bodyshop.
Field Researcher
#24 Old 14th May 2008 at 6:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsloverplayer
Do the faces really look that relistic when you download these skins and also if I download these default skins will I still be able to use the maxis ones?I'd like to use both.Are these barbie or non barbie skins?

I have had these Defaults for some time now and I must admit, they are really gorgeous. Yes, in my opinion these skintones are as realistic as shown in the pictures (a little make-up would make the result even better).

No, if you download these skins then you are not able to use Maxis skins, because these will overwrite the Maxis' ones. Try using Chakaru's non-default ones. The link is available above.

And, last but not least, these are barbie skintones (unfortunately).

Nice work everyone who made the Defaults available! *hugs*
Test Subject
#25 Old 24th Oct 2008 at 7:59 PM
nice skins, just a quick question though, is it for male AND Female, because you've only shown female, and i thought that was weird, and also, light and pale are very similar, can you change it to a slightly darker one?

And they're very nice skins,
What does 'self makeup' mean?

Pleased to be meeting you.... :D
Page 1 of 2