Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

XM Barrette Hair Retexture

by nichellerj Posted 5th Apr 2008 at 1:56 AM - Updated 5th Sep 2008 at 3:23 AM by nichellerj

30 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 24 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Scholar
#2 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 12:47 PM
Nice work ! Thank you Nichellerj !

All of nature is within us and we are part of all nature (Chief White Cloud)
Theorist
#3 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 1:04 PM
LOVELOVELVEOLOVEE the Maxis-y Textures, *Looks for more you stuff*
Thanks!!

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Test Subject
#4 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 2:53 PM
Gorgeous! I adore this mesh, and only the other week I was looking for some nice recolours (I'm not so hot on the shiny stuff), so it's as if you read my mind! Thanks for sharing :D
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 3:52 PM Last edited by Fishie : 5th Apr 2008 at 3:53 PM. Reason: grammar...
These are beautiful! I've always loved this mesh too, but haven't really used it because I'm so picky about textures. Thanks a bunch.

- Fishie
I live like a hermit in my own head.
Test Subject
#6 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 3:57 PM
have you downloada mesh from XM...
Scholar
#7 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 4:59 PM
Love!! Thank you!
Field Researcher
#8 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 5:08 PM
Thank you for Maxis-like texturing! Any more in the works since you do it so well?

I basically just like to play uglacies.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 5:08 PM
thankyou for these ! the original colours were far too shiny for my liking :P

Head Of Staff @ LivingSims Magazine

Interested In Working At LivingSims ? Then Check This Out

Check Out My Sims 3 Houses @SimsArtGallery
Instructor
#10 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 5:34 PM Last edited by BrazilianGirl : 5th Apr 2008 at 5:35 PM. Reason: misspelling
thanx for these!! i love this mesh too and your recolors are great!! great textures!! i'll sure be using this a lot in my game, and indeed the originals were too shiny... thanx a lot for sharing!!

hi!
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
#11 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 6:11 PM
Nice job! Thank you! This is one of my favourite hair meshes as well, but the original textures were horrid.
Test Subject
#12 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 4:06 AM
Love these, thanks so much!
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 4:54 AM
GORGEOUS! well done I love these
Hope you make more!!
Forum Resident
#14 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 10:15 AM
I really really like the textures. They're much better than the orignal and I love the Maxis-match. You did a great job!

And I think the white error is just something with the alpha, but I'm not sure...
Inventor
#15 Old 7th Apr 2008 at 4:39 PM
Thanks for these I love maxis-match hairs and this is no exception. :D

~R.I.P Tibbs. You will be truely missed~

|MTS2|DeviantArt|
Instructor
#16 Old 7th Apr 2008 at 5:23 PM
^_^ These are lovely, thank you very much!

Feel free to PM me with any requests you may have~!
deviantART | Cosplay.com | GardenOfShadows
Test Subject
#17 Old 7th Apr 2008 at 8:27 PM
Love these! They look great in-game. I wish more creators would do Maxis-match retextures.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 14th Apr 2008 at 12:10 AM
Thank you so much!
I used to use a lot of XM hairs in my game but I took them out because the textures bothered me. I love this mesh and I'm glad I can use it again.
Test Subject
#19 Old 19th Apr 2008 at 4:52 AM
I have a question. I tried downloading the mesh but I have no idea what file to put the mesh in. Can you please help!

FYI... I love it!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 23rd Apr 2008 at 3:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by IslandGirl2024
I have a question. I tried downloading the mesh but I have no idea what file to put the mesh in. Can you please help!

FYI... I love it!

You're going to want to put the mesh file into your downloads folder for it to work correctly in your game. ^_^

G.K. Chesterton said, “Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 26th Apr 2008 at 7:19 PM
Thank you! I love this mesh, but the XM textures are so ugly!

Silver's Sim Stuff - My sim stories and a lil bit o' custom content
Test Subject
#22 Old 28th May 2008 at 4:39 AM
Hi can anyone please help me? I LOVE this hairdo and I would really like it in my game but I have no idea how to install/ download cc or meshes. I tried the guide and then clicking the links but im so confused. Can you please help me? btw i love that you used the colors that come with the game!
Test Subject
#23 Old 31st Jul 2008 at 2:43 AM
May i ask, where did you get those eyes from?
Instructor
#24 Old 22nd Mar 2009 at 1:41 AM
I simply LOVE this hair! I never saw the XM Sims mesh of it either, your colours are beautiful :lovestruc

billybop428: Click on the link that says XMBarretteHair.zip and then go to your downloads folder, or wherever things you download go and then right click and click 'Extract Here' then when it has done highlight all the files that came from it and move them from there into the folder My Documents>EA Games>Sims 2>Downloads and hey presto! Its just the same for the mesh. Go to the link and click on the picture of the hair with the word MESH on it, and it will just get the mesh so that when you put it in your Sims 2 Downloads folder following the steps above it will be in your game!

If you dont see the Extract Here option you need to download WinRAR, Google it
Test Subject
#25 Old 22nd Mar 2009 at 7:24 AM
wow. I love these. you did a great job with the coloring. also, the model is very girl-next-door pretty. you should upload her!
Page 1 of 2