Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Longer Seasons (7/10/14/20/30 Days) All/Specific Seasons

by Quickshot14 Posted 17th Apr 2008 at 2:29 PM - Updated 8th Oct 2008 at 11:34 PM by Quickshot14 : Added 30 Days Option for Season Changes and varibles season lengths.

56 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 47 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 18th Apr 2008 at 11:04 AM Last edited by Canoodle : 18th Apr 2008 at 6:37 PM. Reason: Converted to a 'thanks' post.
Nice. A two week long Fall could prove very useful: maximize all skills for all Sims in one season! Muhahahahaha.
Test Subject
#3 Old 18th Apr 2008 at 12:18 PM Last edited by Canoodle : 18th Apr 2008 at 6:37 PM. Reason: Converted to a 'thanks' post.
This is wonderful, thank you so much!
I was always hoping someone would create something like this.
Test Subject
#4 Old 18th Apr 2008 at 1:36 PM
Thank you for this. Ever since I had gotten Seasons I would love to have longer seasons in my game. Especially for my 2 favorite seasons Fall and Winter. Thanks again for making this.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 18th Apr 2008 at 1:40 PM
this is awsome well don!

i always thought that 5 days is way to short. :/

annyway keep up the great work! :D
Test Subject
#6 Old 18th Apr 2008 at 1:57 PM
Great Mod. Its hard to get into the seasons with only 5 days. This is perfect, more days to wear all the pretty clothes I download specific to each season. Thanks
Mad Poster
#7 Old 18th Apr 2008 at 5:51 PM
Thanks! A five day season in a seven day week does seem odd.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 18th Apr 2008 at 6:48 PM
I just wanted to let you kno tht it works very well in my game and I allep/sp too thanx 4 sharing

When your day is down and out try to think of something funny to cheer yourself up.:)
Scholar
#9 Old 18th Apr 2008 at 8:37 PM
A fine addition ! It will be useful for some seasons. Thank you !

All of nature is within us and we are part of all nature (Chief White Cloud)
Test Subject
#10 Old 18th Apr 2008 at 8:39 PM
Great job! How about making them with fewer days as well. 4, 3 and 2 day seasons. That way if you want shorter seasons.

I would love to blast through the winter season.

Alokorben - Master of Fling Pu
Field Researcher
#11 Old 20th Apr 2008 at 10:05 AM
I like! I have a question, though. Right now a sim 'year' is 20 days. If I dl the 14-all mod, it will be 56 days. Will my sim's aging be affected- will they still only age transition once every 56 days? If so, nice way to extend simmies lives.

Thanks again!
Mad Poster
#12 Old 20th Apr 2008 at 1:29 PM
Just a heads up, while I had your 10 day seasons file installed I noticed that my harvestable plants stopped growing. I've taken it out and they seem to be ok now. I can't be 100% sure it was this that caused it as I had just installed K&B stuff so it might have been that. I just thought I should let you know.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Field Researcher
#13 Old 20th Apr 2008 at 7:48 PM
Hi! I noticed that while I had the 7 day seasons file installed, all the weather in winter stopped. I don't know if this was a problem with the file, or if it was just a weird winter in the game. I love having longer seasons though. Makes the seasons seem more realistic. Thanks!
Test Subject
#14 Old 21st Apr 2008 at 9:12 PM
Great work! Thank you! And it really would have been cool to have more of fall, summer and spring and default (or less) winter. :D

Those who dream by day bring beauty to the world. The art and the music, the stories and the heart.
N.Roberts
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 21st Apr 2008 at 9:29 PM
Hello all,

wanted to address some questions/concerns, so lets get to the big ones.

Quote: Originally posted by Hinoemasim
I like! I have a question, though. Right now a sim 'year' is 20 days. If I dl the 14-all mod, it will be 56 days. Will my sim's aging be affected- will they still only age transition once every 56 days? If so, nice way to extend simmies lives.

Thanks again!

Hello Hino and thank you for your praise and question, Your sims aging will not be effected, all this mod does is change the initial length of each season(s) Your sims will still age as a normal sim 'year' thou the seasons will now be longer, if you want to have your sims aging more in 'tune' with the seasons, I know theres at least a few global age mods for download. But short anwser this does not effect your sim aging at all just the length of each season hope that helps

Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
Just a heads up, while I had your 10 day seasons file installed I noticed that my harvestable plants stopped growing. I've taken it out and they seem to be ok now. I can't be 100% sure it was this that caused it as I had just installed K&B stuff so it might have been that. I just thought I should let you know.

Thanks for the note menaceman, I havn't had a chance to test harvestable plants yet in my own game (going to know to confirm) so if anyone can give a heads up, I dont know if K&B stuff effected it, it shouldnt, the mod shouldnt effect harvestable plants at all since it dosnt touch it just the length of the seasons, its possible it may be another mod thats causing it, but i'll look into it to be sure, thanks!

Quote: Originally posted by Darth_Beeblebrox
Hi! I noticed that while I had the 7 day seasons file installed, all the weather in winter stopped. I don't know if this was a problem with the file, or if it was just a weird winter in the game. I love having longer seasons though. Makes the seasons seem more realistic. Thanks!

Heyaz Darth Beeble, my girlfreind and I have the 7 day seasons installed and (she plays it more then I get a chance too lol) we have had no problems with weather in winter or any other seasons, it could be another mod installed if you have any weather mods you may want to check them, I know the only weather type mods i'm using is the warmer summers/springs mod or something like that I belive, so you might want to check your mods, I dont think its a conflict, it could be just something wrong with a mod. Let me know what you find.

For thoese of you wanting even longer, or in some cases shorter seasons, I will be adding a 20 day addition latter this week, as for shorter seasons, I may look into it, but i'm weary of doing so because well mainly i'm worried about breaking in-game things but i'll look into it. Thank you all for your postive feedback and questions please keep them coming

Admin/Webmaster Of Quickshot14's Domain (QSD)
Introduction Post/Sims 2 Mods List Link: Click Here
Forum Resident
#16 Old 21st Apr 2008 at 10:31 PM
You. Are. A. GOD. This is fantastic! Thank you so much, I absolutely love this idea.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 22nd Apr 2008 at 3:48 PM
wow, this is so awsome. hardly had time to do all winter, summer stuff etc before it was over. thank you!

:)
Instructor
#18 Old 23rd Apr 2008 at 3:50 PM
Nice mod! This will be especially cool for times when Sims want to have a snowball fight on what WAS once the last day of winter, etc.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 24th Apr 2008 at 5:44 PM
I already have a similar mod from Alexx58 which can be found here. It makes all seasons 9 days long.

But I also like your versions as well, with the variety and I'm downloading now to try it out in my game.

Thank you for sharing a great idea & something I know many simmers will download & use! Great Job!!

Not having a sig IS my sig. Oh wait, this is a sig, isn't it? Nevermind...
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 25th Apr 2008 at 7:29 PM
I'm so loving it. Thanks!

"Life is a tightrope walker who eventually has to fall.
Life is a racer rife with anger and time is a wall."

-Martin Clement, in "The Swirls of Time"
Field Researcher
#21 Old 27th Apr 2008 at 4:49 PM
Hi Quickshot! I tried the longer seasons out in another household, and I am getting the seasonal weather. I think my sims were just having a strange, snowless winter. Everything seems to be working great now! Thanks so much! :D
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 28th Apr 2008 at 3:10 AM
Hi, I am trying to download the 20 day version but it's telling me web site not found, is this a bad link?
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 28th Apr 2008 at 4:47 AM
weird, same here
Field Researcher
#24 Old 28th Apr 2008 at 2:27 PM
hi ..i am trying to get the 20 version and it says the same to me ...website not found.

Be with us here this week as we remember Your journey toward the cross. With sad hearts, we contemplate Your death. But with confident hearts, we know that You are carrying out God's great plan of salvation.

Christ, as You take the path that leads to both death and life, may we journey with You.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#25 Old 30th Apr 2008 at 7:40 AM
Hey all, the problems being experinced dowloading the 20 day version should now be fixed as i re-uploded the files, sorry for the troubles

Admin/Webmaster Of Quickshot14's Domain (QSD)
Introduction Post/Sims 2 Mods List Link: Click Here
Page 1 of 3