Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Missing Default Wedding Dress Restored for Kitchen & Bath Stuff Pack - Updated 2008/09/01, Hides the redundant clone

by Lord Darcy Posted 19th Apr 2008 at 10:00 AM - Updated 15th Jan 2011 at 12:24 AM by Lord Darcy : Updated to v1.01

18 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 9 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator THANKS POST
#2 Old 19th Apr 2008 at 9:24 PM
Thankyou- I've grown to depend on your fixes for the stuff packs!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 19th Apr 2008 at 9:45 PM
*kicks ea and bows down to LD* I was wondering where the heck that went! EA sucks I liked that dress
Not actually evil.
THANKS POST
#4 Old 19th Apr 2008 at 10:52 PM
Thank you so much. If EA had any decency, they would pay you for cleaning up their mess, not that they ever will. So I hope our gratitude will go some way towards making up for that.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 20th Apr 2008 at 1:18 AM
I can report to you that I have every EP installed and all Stuff packs apart from Celebration and H&M. This dress still shows up for me although it is at the very end of the catagory as opposed to a few pages in as it appears in your screenshot.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Field Researcher
#6 Old 20th Apr 2008 at 1:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
I can report to you that I have every EP installed and all Stuff packs apart from Celebration and H&M. This dress still shows up for me although it is at the very end of the catagory as opposed to a few pages in as it appears in your screenshot.

For those of us with all EPs and all SPs it doesn't appear to be.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 20th Apr 2008 at 1:48 AM
thank you for all your fixes LD
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 20th Apr 2008 at 5:17 AM
Lord Darcy fixes again! Thanks, again! I imagine Eaxis is saving huge piles of cash by hiring inept dopes who will work for chump change. I cannot imagine any educated programmer building code based on an obsolete version of a program when an updated/patched version exists, and I can't program anything more complex than BASIC on an old Commodore 64. Sheesh... apparently, EA programmers are not much higher up the skill ladder than me...

Lord Darcy gets:

Eaxis programming gets:
Instructor
THANKS POST
#9 Old 20th Apr 2008 at 7:20 AM
Wow! They sure weren't paying attention in a lot of these, were they? A lot of silly mistakes they have made with these. maybe they are getting tired of sims 2.
thanks for fixing this, bringing it up again for us!
Skye
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 20th Apr 2008 at 11:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44

As I stated in the main post, there are two identical copies for the default wedding dress. For no reason at all, Seasons hid the original version from CAS and included the second cloned version. But Celebration reactivated original version, and hid the cloned version from CAS. So, if you have Seasons but don't have Celebration, the cloned version is still activated even after you installed KBID. That's why I said it depends on EP/SP combination you've got.

I took the screenshot in YACAS, to show that this dress is now enabled for YAs as well. Dresses after the wedding dress are only available for YAs, unless you have clothing unlockers like Windkeeper's Unlocked University outfits.

NO Requests! | How to update fridges/computers to FT | Booty - Get pay items for free!
Check out my Journal for updates on past creations.
Recent Updates: Pie Menu Text Strings Fix | Teen Style Stuff Computer and Stereo Fix | IKEA Home Stuff Objects Fix
Mad Poster
#11 Old 20th Apr 2008 at 12:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lord Darcy
As I stated in the main post, there are two identical copies for the default wedding dress. For no reason at all, Seasons hid the original version from CAS and included the second cloned version. But Celebration reactivated original version, and hid the cloned version from CAS. So, if you have Seasons but don't have Celebration, the cloned version is still activated even after you installed KBID. That's why I said it depends on EP/SP combination you've got.

I took the screenshot in YACAS, to show that this dress is now enabled for YAs as well. Dresses after the wedding dress are only available for YAs, unless you have clothing unlockers like Windkeeper's Unlocked University outfits.

I understand what you were saying. I was merely posting so that other people with the same configuration as myself would know that they do not need this wonderful fix.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 20th Apr 2008 at 7:39 PM
I vote for EA to employ you!!! I have NO IDEA how I would play my game without you, Lord Darcy. A MILLION THANKS would never be enough!:-*
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 16th May 2008 at 7:04 PM
THANK you SO MUCH Lord Darcy for this fix...I actually just realized the other day that that dress was gone....along w/ one or two (I can't remember if there were 2 or 3) wedding hairstyles- veils w/ hair....Would be great if you could find these as well!!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 16th May 2008 at 11:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Firestaar1
I actually just realized the other day that that dress was gone....along w/ one or two (I can't remember if there were 2 or 3) wedding hairstyles- veils w/ hair....Would be great if you could find these as well!!

I don't think I'm missing veil hairs in my game. (2 from Celebration, 1 from GLS) K&B doesn't alter base game hairs, anyway.

NO Requests! | How to update fridges/computers to FT | Booty - Get pay items for free!
Recent Updates: Pie Menu Text Strings Fix | Teen Style Stuff Computer and Stereo Fix | IKEA Home Stuff Objects Fix
Test Subject
#15 Old 6th Jun 2008 at 3:14 AM
Hi Lord Darcy,

I came across this thread after I noticd that the Maxis kimonos and saris from the original base game went missing after installign OFB and K&B stuff, is there a way to restore those back into the game as well?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 6th Jun 2008 at 1:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Xtian913
I came across this thread after I noticd that the Maxis kimonos and saris from the original base game went missing after installign OFB and K&B stuff, is there a way to restore those back into the game as
well?

Those outfits show up fine for me. K&B has nothing to do with them.

AFAIR those outfits are NOT from base game, but from Holiday Stuff pack. I can't remember whether they're from 2005 or 2006 version though. Have you uninstalled and reinstalled your game lately, and forgotten to reinstall Holiday pack? This pack can be very easily missed, as outfits from this pack don't bear any icon in BodyShop/CAS thumbnails, making them indiscernible from base game contents.

Test Subject
#17 Old 6th Jun 2008 at 3:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lord Darcy
Those outfits show up fine for me. K&B has nothing to do with them.

AFAIR those outfits are NOT from base game, but from Holiday Stuff pack. I can't remember whether they're from 2005 or 2006 version though. Have you uninstalled and reinstalled your game lately, and forgotten to reinstall Holiday pack? This pack can be very easily missed, as outfits from this pack don't bear any icon in BodyShop/CAS thumbnails, making them indiscernible from base game contents.

Yes, actually I did recently reinstall my game. I just got K&B and OFB and for some reason when I tried to install them into my Bon Voyage based game, the installer would say my game wasn't installed corrently (meanwhile it worked better than it does now)!

I could have sworn I installed the Holiday pack , but I will double check tonight. Thanks for the quick reply!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 3:52 PM
Default Updated to v1.01
2008-09-01: Updated to v1.01. Hides the redundant clone of the default wedding dress included in Seasons.

Like previous EPs/SPs, the default wedding dress is still disabled for YAs in AL. You need this fix (or similar clothing mods) to enable it for YAs.
If you were already using this fix for K&B, remove the old version from K&B Skins folder, and install the new version under the AL Skins folder.

Inventor
THANKS POST
#19 Old 16th Apr 2009 at 5:40 PM
Thank you very much!