Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Dark and Lighter Wood Mahjong Table/Chair Sets - in Red, Blue, Emerald, and Cream

by amjoie Posted 28th Apr 2008 at 6:33 AM - Updated 29th Aug 2008 at 6:33 PM by amjoie

18 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 16 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Alchemist
#2 Old 6th May 2008 at 1:40 PM
Thanks for all the work you put into these. They look really beautiful, and it's wonderful that you made matching chairs and dining tables to complete the look.
Thanks also for posting all the info you posted. When I'm choosing what to download, I don't just go by the pictures, which can be prettied up, but also by what the creator has to say about their work. The more a creator has to say about the process, the more confident I am that I won't have to delete the object later. :D
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 6th May 2008 at 4:46 PM
Please amjoie dont tell People i made the Maxis Mahjong Table recolorable, because it was Numenor who made this. I have fixed only your nonrecolorable Clone. I was wondering wy he was non recolorable the first time i looked into the cloned Package. And thx for your wonderfull Sets of Mahjong Tables and Chairs.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th May 2008 at 5:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Havelock
Please amjoie dont tell People i made the Maxis Mahjong Table recolorable, because it was Numenor who made this. I have fixed only your nonrecolorable Clone. I was wondering wy he was non recolorable the first time i looked into the cloned Package. And thx for your wonderfull Sets of Mahjong Tables and Chairs.

Hi Havelock!

I think this is a matter of translation into another language. I will try to clarify:

The original Maxis/EA Mahjong Table had no ability to be recolored in the SimPE Wizard, even though I already had the CEP. Just using the CEP did not give it the function to be recolored. If I tried to recolor it, no texture showed up -- nothing to choose in order to add a different texture.

The same thing happened in the SimPE object workshop. There was no way to get a texture to recolor. So I cloned the object in order to finally get a texture I could alter. But, once it was cloned, there was still no way to make recolors of the clone. The recolor texture was missing in the original and all clones made from the original. Not there at all. Never there.

While it is true that Numenor made the CEP, and gave all of us the ability to recolor objects, some of the objects in the game still could not be recolored -- not without special help beyond the regular use of the CEP. The Mahjong Table is one of those objects that cannot be normally recolored, even while using the CEP.

So, when you "fixed" my unrecolorable clone, you made a Mahjong Table that is finally and for the first time now able to be recolored -- this is unique because other Mahjong Tables, including the original, still cannot be recolored.

So because of what you did, if someone uses my clone as a base, they can easily recolor a Mahjong Table, and that is a new function you added that did not exist before in any of the Mahjong Tables. That is why I say you are the one who made the Mahjong Table recolorable.

Have I said this in a way that is understandable to you?

I do not feel I am slighting Numenor by saying these things. I know that without the CEP, no one would be doing any recolors -- and without SimPE, no one would be doing any clones, either. I hold Numenor and Quaxi in the highest regard, and I am very thankful for what they have done. I'm sure everyone feels the same.

But, you are the one who helped me, in the forum, when I was having difficulty with my clone. And it was you who added the missing bits of code that made it an object which can now be recolored. So, you are the one to whom I give my special thanks. :D

For every King, there is a Queen ...

http://www.modthesims2.com/member.php?u=25203
Mad Poster
#5 Old 8th May 2008 at 10:34 PM
These are really beautiful! I love the mah jongg table/game and use it all the time but the Maxi original is very drab. You have made these so pretty my sims won't have to shove them into a back room. Thanks for your hard work and for providing these for us! BTW your room settings are really beautiful too!
Instructor
#6 Old 9th May 2008 at 3:28 AM
They look even better in game. I am so happy, thank you again. Now I am wondering if you could do the same with the "52 pick up card table". I often have both tables in the same room for the elders to have something to do when visitor arrive, lol.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 10th May 2008 at 2:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by motherspet
They look even better in game. I am so happy, thank you again. Now I am wondering if you could do the same with the "52 pick up card table". I often have both tables in the same room for the elders to have something to do when visitor arrive, lol.

Do you mean something like this attached picture? It's just a preview of what I'm currently working on, for a card table. I still have to do the other colors of felt, and the lighter wood tone, so it will be a while before I'm finished. And then, of course, it will take time to be approved after submitting. But it's in the works. :D
Screenshots

Instructor
#8 Old 10th May 2008 at 5:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by amjoie
Do you mean something like this attached picture? It's just a preview of what I'm currently working on, for a card table. I still have to do the other colors of felt, and the lighter wood tone, so it will be a while before I'm finished. And then, of course, it will take time to be approved after submitting. But it's in the works. :D

Yes that is exactly what I meant. Then the chairs will match those too. You are a genious. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 10th May 2008 at 11:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by motherspet
Yes that is exactly what I meant. Then the chairs will match those too. You are a genious. Thank you.

You are more than welcome. I'll have a few extra surprises, too, once I'm done. Here's another sneak peek.
Screenshots

Fluffy
retired moderator
#10 Old 11th May 2008 at 10:42 AM
ooh, very nicely done,
thank you
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 17th May 2008 at 6:21 AM
This is really wonderful! It look amazing in game, and I love the dynasty dining chair recolors you included. ^__^

Edit: Oh wow... That preview pic for the 52 card pick up table! :lovestruc Just gorgeous.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 18th May 2008 at 8:07 AM
Thank you all for your kind words.

I have just submitted both a card table set and a mahjong completer set (on May 18th). If you download both new sets, as well as this original set [once the new sets become available in a week or two] you will have mahjong tables/chairs, dining tables, and card tables in the following colors:

wood -
white
cream
lighter blond
blond
antique fawn
lighter wood
dark wood

felt/leather -
red
blue
emerald
cream
lighter blond
tan
white

I also threw in a few Victorian end tables in matching colors (not lighter blond or blond though), just for fun.

I hope you all enjoy the new sets! :D

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 18th May 2008 at 7:21 PM
I just submitted a plate replacement/eating utensil replacement that is worthy of the Ming Lotus dining table set. Hopefully the replacements will be available in the next couple weeks. It is designed to be a final touch of elegance for my sets.

Here is a sneak preview.
Screenshots

Lab Assistant
#14 Old 29th Jun 2008 at 8:40 AM
These are absolutely gorgeous! I love the brilliant colours, and the recolours of the Ming Lotus table are wonderful too. You obviously worked very hard on these, and I really appreciate the time you spent creating them. I can't wait to see your other work as soon as it passes "inspection".

Thank you so much for this beautiful set.

centime :)
Test Subject
#15 Old 1st Apr 2009 at 7:19 PM
how come your rooms look so "bright"? There's so much more light than in mine where i need 9999 windows to make the room look lighter... :/
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 7th May 2009 at 12:30 AM
Hi!

I'm sorry I took so long to answer.

The key to bright rooms is light colored walls, and large light colored rugs. Use the taller windows, and try to arrange rooms so that they have windows on two sides. Then turn the lights on all over the house, even in the daytime. That's what I do.

I hope that helps make your life a little lighter. :D

Lab Assistant
#17 Old 7th May 2009 at 11:36 AM
It's no exaggeration -- I adore you for going through such great pains to share such an exquisite recolorable clone of an otherwise bland-looking maxis object. Thank you and everyone who helped you in this project [Big Hug]
Scholar
#18 Old 7th May 2009 at 4:34 PM
These are amazing, another thing I desperatly wanted and didn't realise!
Well done, can't wait to see the rest of the set.

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 6th Mar 2016 at 9:51 PM
Thank You