Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Set of Stone Walls with Ornaments

by himawara106 Posted 11th May 2008 at 10:58 AM - Updated 13th Sep 2008 at 11:10 AM by himawara106

19 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 17 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Scholar
#2 Old 11th May 2008 at 3:30 PM
Nice! Thanks!
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 11th May 2008 at 5:59 PM
These look fantastic! Thank you.

Retired from the Sims world. Please continue to enjoy my creations. Thank you to everyone who helped -- by either giving me the tools and knowledge to create or by encouraging me & downloading my creations. The Sims community is the BEST!
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 11th May 2008 at 7:54 PM
Beautiful & very much needed.....thanks very much.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 11th May 2008 at 8:36 PM
Glad to see your revamping efforts paid off. I checked them out in #create, and thought, ooh, I could use something like this. Now if I can just get my lots proprotions right...

Albert - 2/14/1990-6/2007 He was no dog, he was my short, furry, four-legged, person. And I miss him.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 11th May 2008 at 11:03 PM
These are extremely gorgeous, thank you! Especially for making ornamented walls that work for a two-storied house.
Test Subject
#7 Old 13th May 2008 at 12:22 AM
very authentic and realistic. Great work!!
Test Subject
#8 Old 14th May 2008 at 2:09 AM
I'm getting invalid archive when I download it. Can someone verify this file please?
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 14th May 2008 at 3:36 AM
Try it again. It came thru okay for me.

Retired from the Sims world. Please continue to enjoy my creations. Thank you to everyone who helped -- by either giving me the tools and knowledge to create or by encouraging me & downloading my creations. The Sims community is the BEST!
Inventor
Original Poster
#10 Old 14th May 2008 at 8:58 PM
Hi all!

Thank you very much for your comments. Really enjoyed making them and I am very happy, that you find them useful.

@ChandriaAnn:
Yes, I know this problem. But the file is not corrupt, it's because of the servers. When many people are online it's sometimes difficult to download files here.
But just try it again - I do when I have this problem and it works for sure then.

You never know what’s comin’ for ya.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 15th May 2008 at 1:07 AM
If you're having trouble downloading and you don't have a download manager, get one. Someone here (can't remember who) recommended this one: http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/

I haven't had any downloading problems since getting it, well, except for the occasional Windows IE cannot connect to this site, which usually means too many people trying to download at the same time. If this happens, go back and try again. I have definitely not had any more corrupt files or unexpected end of archive errors.

Albert - 2/14/1990-6/2007 He was no dog, he was my short, furry, four-legged, person. And I miss him.
Inventor
Original Poster
#12 Old 16th May 2008 at 4:09 PM
@jmeyers655
Thanks for the link! I tried it out and it really works well.

Lab Assistant
#13 Old 17th May 2008 at 1:14 AM
Your welcome. Now if I could just figure out how to use Photoshop & SimPE, I could create something... I saw a rug in a mag today that I thought would look really cool in game. Guess I'm going to have to get out the manual and work through it. bummer =)

Inventor
Original Poster
#14 Old 17th May 2008 at 3:33 PM
Yes - try it out. It's hard in the beginning and I had to learn many things about photoshop. But there are many good photoshop tutorials out there. And many people around here wrote good custom content creating tutorials.
It's worth giving it a try.

Instructor
#15 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 11:16 AM
Wow, himawara! So realistic and stylish. They are just perfect for my new hotel project :D

Just one question about creating such walls/textures...:
Do you use real images to edit them in Photoshop or is there another way to get such an impressive result?

Grüße nach Wien
jon119
Inventor
Original Poster
#16 Old 27th Jun 2008 at 10:27 AM
Hi jon,

thanks for your comment. For this set I used realistic borders (pics) and made walls from the background of the borders. Then I tweaked the walls a bit and worked with shadows, the stamp tool etc. I posted them in the Creator Feedback Forum and got help from several people mentioned above.

Grüße nach Deutschland - and good luck for the EM - finale!
Instructor
#17 Old 27th Jun 2008 at 1:35 PM
Ah ok, Thanks a lot for your help. Texturing is always quite complicated for me but you are obviously a real pro

Schönes Wochenende; with or without football
jon119
Inventor
Original Poster
#18 Old 27th Jun 2008 at 9:44 PM
And you seem to be a real pro in making meshes. Something which I hadn't figured out yet. But I try to get a bit insight in Blender, when I have more time.

Offtopic
Ebenfalls schönes Wochenende. Bin eigentlich kein Fußball-Fan, aber dadurch dass es ja in Wien stattfindet, kann man dem ganzen nicht wirklich entfliehen.
Test Subject
#19 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 10:59 PM
Wow! So exquisite!
THANKS POST
#20 Old 13th Mar 2014 at 11:11 AM
These are absolutely wonderful! Keep up the great work! :)