Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

UPDATED Eyeshadow / Eyeliner Super Pack : DEFAULT REPLACE, neutrals, colors, glitter, pastel

by CatOfEvilGenius Posted 16th May 2008 at 11:59 PM - Updated 24th May 2008 at 6:50 AM by CatOfEvilGenius

34 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 28 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 18th May 2008 at 3:25 AM
Yeah, you really are a genius!! I can't wait to see these in my game!

I have friends, oh, but not today...cause they done washed away... they done washed away.
I got troubles Lord, but not today... cause they're gonna wash away...this ol' bottle gonna take them away...
(from "Wash Away" by Joe Purdy)
Scholar
#3 Old 18th May 2008 at 3:29 AM
this is great! so far i have all of your default make upos! can you do blushes to?!
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#4 Old 18th May 2008 at 3:35 AM
Thanks for the kind comments.

WashedAway :blush: Nah, I'm just the cat of an evil genius. Like in those James Bond movies and Inspector Gadget.

sim~obsessor I plan to do blushes, but have vowed not to start any Sims2 projects until I get something written for work, so it may take me a bit...

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Test Subject
#5 Old 18th May 2008 at 7:21 AM
I really loooove this set ! Beautiful ! Amazing ! Bravo !
Test Subject
#6 Old 18th May 2008 at 9:17 AM
I love you! I've been searching for a set like this for so long! Thank so much! You're awesome.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 18th May 2008 at 10:42 AM
Really gorgeous defaults once again! I'm so excited about finally being able to say good-bye to trampy Townies!

(Up till now I've been obsessively giving them makeovers every time one of them wanders onto a lot I'm playing.)
Test Subject
#8 Old 18th May 2008 at 12:16 PM
These are lovely, thank you.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 18th May 2008 at 1:35 PM
Thanks! The game defaults are why I've always downloaded CC as soon as possible with new game card, they aweful! I really like your replacements, lots softer and much more natural.

I'm with falln_angel, I boolproped all my townies for make-overs until we got that make-over chair. Now I just give them all free make-overs when they wander onto the lot. :o)

Thanks for the shadows Cat!

Please don't shop...adopt! www.drna.org Save a dachshund's life today!
Alchemist
#10 Old 19th May 2008 at 5:12 AM
Thanks, this will improve the look of the game no end. I may even let some of my sims wear makeup.
Theorist
#11 Old 19th May 2008 at 10:24 PM
thanks. subtle, but important!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 22nd May 2008 at 12:14 AM
I've noticed on both the eyeliners and the eyeshadows that a small amount of paleish skin is added when using them. Normally, this is not a problem, but it looks really weird on alien sims.
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#13 Old 22nd May 2008 at 12:25 AM Last edited by CatOfEvilGenius : 22nd May 2008 at 12:44 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by poifectly_poiple
I've noticed on both the eyeliners and the eyeshadows that a small amount of paleish skin is added when using them. Normally, this is not a problem, but it looks really weird on alien sims.
Good point. I'll add a "special eyeliner" for alien sims and plant sims that makes the lower eyelid skin green, give me a day or two...

I also considered just leaving that lower eyelid area totally transparent in eyeliners and eyeshadows, might try that too, but more work for me. And won't look quite right on dark skins, maybe, but would work on any colored skin, theoretically...

Alchemist
#14 Old 22nd May 2008 at 1:34 AM
I've noticed that pale line on normal dark skins too. Looks a bit strange.
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#15 Old 22nd May 2008 at 1:45 AM Last edited by CatOfEvilGenius : 24th May 2008 at 12:12 AM.
It's the lower eyelid. I just don't have the artistic talents of Bruno and such. I'll make that line transparent instead, so the skin color underneath will show, give me a few days... ok, done.

Alchemist
#16 Old 27th May 2008 at 3:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CatOfEvilGenius
I'll make that line transparent instead, so the skin color underneath will show, give me a few days... ok, done.
Thanks! Much better now.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 17th Jun 2008 at 3:05 AM
I really love this default package. Before I tended to have my sims not wear makeup. It was too painted on, too trashy for even my trashy sims.. This is a good looking set of makeup. I particular like that it can be used with a wide range of characters from sweet to the trashy. This mod will have a place in my defaults folder for a long, long time.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 6th Jul 2008 at 1:06 AM
Absolutely wonderful. And alot of work, too. Thank you so very much! I appreciate the natural-ness - And SIZE! - of this default set. It is exactly what i've been wishing for.
Test Subject
#19 Old 14th Sep 2008 at 4:58 PM
A great set of default replacements you have here.

I've sometimes wondered if anyone working on the game ever wore makeup. I've only used three Maxis eyeshadows and usually go for cc instead. With your default replacements, plus the custom sets, I'll definitely do some culling. Thanks for doing this and making it available.
Forum Resident
#20 Old 4th Oct 2008 at 2:40 PM
This is a wonderful set!
Forum Resident
#21 Old 16th Oct 2008 at 6:00 PM
I really like how you did this. Thank you
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 23rd Oct 2008 at 12:53 PM
I love Maxis-match stuff, so these beautiful sets would've been perfect for me, if it weren't for one thing. I dislike makeup that comes fused with eyelashes, since Sims already have eyelashes (the solid black "ledge" ones) and makeup-lashes make Sims look like they have two layers of lashes to me. And that's just looks strange in my opinion.

I think it'd be really nice if you could perhaps make a version of these sets without added eyelashes. But I know these must've taken you some time to do, so if you don't want to redo them just for my (maybe unique) quirk, I understand totally.
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#23 Old 23rd Oct 2008 at 4:56 PM
Randee15 I understand totally. If I still have the original shadow layers w/o mascara, I'll make no mascara shadows. If not, can't really redo them without a lot of effort. I'll see what I can do after Oct 27th. I'm out of town right now.

Test Subject
#24 Old 19th Mar 2009 at 3:33 PM
you are my hero. My townies no longer all look like hussies!
Test Subject
#25 Old 16th Apr 2009 at 2:47 AM
It is so difficult to find good eyeshadows! All of them are so dark and garnish. I absolutely love yours! Thank you so much!
Page 1 of 2