Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No More Wanting Maxis Jobs

by Phaenoh Posted 30th May 2008 at 4:38 AM - Updated 23rd Nov 2011 at 5:07 AM by Phaenoh

47 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 39 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 2nd Jun 2008 at 12:51 PM
Thank you! I was very annoyed that nearly all my sims wanted to reach the top of some career as LTW! This will finally take care of it
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 2nd Jun 2008 at 2:59 PM
Great! It also works for my Victorians. The males work sometimes (if they don't farm, work for another sim, or just have an estate worth tons), but my females pretty much never take Maxis jobs. I feel bad that they have wants for them. I don't want to have to remind them that they have a job - makin' and raisin' babies!

And of course, NO ONE takes maxis jobs in my medieval neighborhood so this is invaluable. Thanks!

Question: Will this only work on sims who have not yet been assigned an LTW? Or will it change the LTW of sims who already have a career want? If not, can I use Insim or the Sim Blender to re-roll LTW's and not have to wade through all of the career wants? Thanks in advance!

Musiquefille's Modest Mods - well, lots really.
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 2nd Jun 2008 at 4:07 PM
Well, I was testing this in Veronaville and Oberon wanted to be the Head of the SCIA, apart from finding that extremely amusing, as I would imagine he would be one of the top people they would be interested in watching, he now aspires to I think either have a bunch of best friends or own 5 top businesses. He rerolled as did everyone else in the hood.
Test Subject
#5 Old 2nd Jun 2008 at 5:32 PM
Thank you, thank you, thean you. That's exactly what i wanted!!!
Not actually evil.
#6 Old 2nd Jun 2008 at 5:41 PM
This also works well with the Neanderthal contest theme, methinks. Not many cave people want to be Head of the SCIA either.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 2nd Jun 2008 at 7:26 PM
:worships: omg thanks 4 this, I am constantly driven insane with job wants, by the way I am not that driven 2 insane, I was already it lol

I had a sim want a job 8 times!!! 8 friggin times!!! omg lol

I am surprised, she needed a outhouse just 4 her p45's and job references lol
Mad Poster
#8 Old 2nd Jun 2008 at 7:31 PM
This will be useful if I ever have a hood full of very rich sims who have nothing better to do than to be rich. I have that hack for paychecks, now this one will let me create a neighborhood like Palm Beach!
Test Subject
#9 Old 2nd Jun 2008 at 8:29 PM
Do you know if it can clash with a hack from MATY that reduces life time wants from say 10 graduated children to 5? It is an awesome idea anyhow thanks.
Scholar
#10 Old 2nd Jun 2008 at 8:45 PM
Great work Phae! You can do basically anything, can't you?

Keep it up! Thanks and once again congrats! :D
Forum Resident
#11 Old 2nd Jun 2008 at 10:03 PM
This is ridiculously handy for my Harry Potter-esque neighborhood. Thanks so much, Phaenoh! <3
Alchemist
#12 Old 4th Jun 2008 at 12:16 AM
Thanks so much! I've eliminated jobs in my current hood & the wants just keep rolling, sometimes I have 4 or 5 'get job in this, that & the other career' wants clogging up my wants panel. This mod will fix that nicely. :D
Test Subject
#13 Old 4th Jun 2008 at 10:21 PM
Many thanks! Finally my ancient Romans will stop begging to be scientists or some silly nonsense like that. ^_^
Instructor
#14 Old 5th Jun 2008 at 8:45 PM
Phaenoh, thanks for this hack
also when you have time is it possible to make a hack to remove the Pets related Ltw such as the have 20 puppies thing?
thanks again
Forum Resident
#15 Old 11th Jun 2008 at 4:12 AM
This may be repitition of what's already been said, but wow! what a clever idea. I'd always wondered if there was a way to do this because so many people play non-traditional settings and want to break free from the EAxis mold. In my own case, it's retarded for sims with Star Trek or sci-fi based careers to have LTWs like "reach the top of the journalism career" or "Be Captain Hero". Huge thanks, sister.

I'm no longer active here. My latest creations can be found here:

https://blueheavensims.wordpress.com
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
#16 Old 12th Jun 2008 at 4:07 AM
What Jason (and everybody else) said! Most career-related LTWs sound plain silly in my Trek neighbourhood; sometimes, I just want to grab the Sim by the shoulders and shout, "no, you do NOT want to become a Professional Party Guest; you're a starship captain, for crying out loud!" (And using the Sim Modder for pretty much every Sim in a neighbourhood gets... tedious.) So thank you very, very much for this, Your Modship!
Test Subject
#17 Old 30th Sep 2008 at 12:58 PM
This looks like a neat mod!
I just have a quick question.
I don't mind my sims having their LTW to be the top of a career, but I hate it when they roll the want to get a specific job (usually not their LTW). Is there a way to make this mod only affect the wants, but not the LTW?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#18 Old 1st Oct 2008 at 2:05 AM
Open it up in SimPE and delete the half you don't want.
Test Subject
#19 Old 17th Oct 2008 at 11:04 PM
Thank you! This is just what i needed for my viking-themed neighourhood.
Test Subject
#20 Old 19th Oct 2008 at 6:44 AM
"It's a stiff price to pay, but I'd rather be boringly repetitive than break my simmies' hearts."

LoL XD

Thanks for this :D
Test Subject
#21 Old 16th Dec 2008 at 8:21 PM
This is awesome. When I create my sims, I always have an idea of what career would fit them best, but they don't always agree. Thanks a bunch!

~ttfn~
Test Subject
#22 Old 2nd Jan 2009 at 2:14 AM
This is awsome, not only do i have a medeival themed neighborhood, AND sims that have wants that aren't related to their LTW, but having nothing but job focused sims was endlessly boring. for example, i 've NEVER had a Romance or Fortune sim that had an un-job-related LTW. I can finally have so much more fun now!
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 27th Jan 2009 at 4:46 AM
This is such a great mod, i'm amazed. Although, I personally love the career LTW's, and I just make normal neighbourhoods, so I'm not going to download this. But great job, and is their a way to take out, like simfan432 said, to remove the Pets LTW's so our sims won't have to spend their life raising animals?
-thanks again, Lexi
Test Subject
#24 Old 6th May 2009 at 7:48 PM
Hi, I really like this mod, but unfortunately I have a problem, and I´m not quite sure where it results from. My sims have all kinds of LTW, no matter what kind of aspiration they have; like wanting 20 good friends while they have the family aspiration. Your mod worked perfect, and suddenly this... ;_;
I have differend ideas why this could be happening:
1. I have installed pets a few days ago, but I have no idea WHY this would influence your mod
2. I think (I can´t really remember... o.o ) I have downloaded a mod that halves e.g. the number of kids your sim wants to have from 10 to 5.
I already tried to remove your mod and then place it a second time in my download-folder, but it didn´t worked; the weird LTW stayed, with and without your mod u_u

Maybe someone has an idea what I should do now? I would be very grateful!
And sorry for my crappy english! XD
retired moderator
Original Poster
#25 Old 7th May 2009 at 4:15 PM
There are some mods out there that allow other aspirations to get different LTWs, I actually started from that mod, but I removed all those from the coding completely and rewrote the rest of it to do what I wanted it to do. Maybe you have another mod installed? Try moving ALL your CC to your desktop and run the game, see if its still wonky. If it is, I believe there is an object over at MATY that allows you to reroll your LTW. Sorry, I don't remember what it is called off hand. Best of luck!
Page 1 of 2