Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Conterfeit College Diploma

by christianlov Posted 19th Jun 2008 at 1:55 PM - Updated 12th Jan 2010 at 8:40 AM by christianlov : updated

67 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 51 Feedback Posts, 15 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 3
Scholar
#2 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 2:15 PM
Another one of your fantastic mods! Will lifetime aspirations for the college-related careers also be available?

I still hope that you or someone can come up with a mod to set lifetime aspirations.

Imagine a world without hypothetical situations
Scholar
#3 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 2:47 PM
yes!! thank you!!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 2:51 PM
Thank you!!! You are awesome!
Zombie Socks
#5 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 3:10 PM
At last! I always feel cheated when I move in someone from the college 'townies' and they don't bring their diploma. Thank you for the fix!

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 3:21 PM
Awesome! The being stuck at four wants for sims that didn't to to college was really annoying to me, and now I can fix that.

Maker of non-realistic eyes and lots of sims!

Working on: Making EEC#4 Defaults/Making new colors for EEC#4/Making new colors for EEC#2/Playing the game!
Field Researcher
#7 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 4:57 PM
Awesome!

I second the comment about a mod to set lifetime aspirations. That would be beyond wonderful, not to mention more realistic.
Scholar
#8 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 5:19 PM
Lifetime aspirations
Quote: Originally posted by starfleetcadet
Awesome!

I second the comment about a mod to set lifetime aspirations. That would be beyond wonderful, not to mention more realistic.

There was a hack called "College Adjuster", which looked like a stack of 'phone books. I think it was on this site but now it's gone. You could essentially pick a new lifetime adjustment at random and keep trying until you got what you wanted. The college-based career lifetime aspirations didn't show up though, and the lifetime aspirations were related to the main aspiration (Knowledge,Fortune,Family, etc) For a family sim you got a lot of raise children, golden anniv, etc. For a knowledge sim you would get the science and medicine. There are some hacks to change main aspiration (and then back again) to get around this. Let's hope christianlov is reading this... If so, please, oh please, and thanks in advance

Imagine a world without hypothetical situations
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 7:10 PM
Once again you have made my week! I thank you sooooo much for the update. *BIG Hugs*

♥♥♥ajÖya™
.:Simblr:.
I come from a Kingdom far, far, away...
Field Researcher
#10 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 10:45 PM Last edited by Faerieimp : 21st Jun 2008 at 12:03 AM. Reason: Answer to one question found
This sounds really interesting. It is annoying when I make an adult family (elder parents with adult kids) and they can't have graduated college. Three questions:
1) Will this give them any memories of graduating, even if the graduation is just the last thing on the list as if they went to night school or something. (Rereading, it appears that this one is a yes.)
2) Will this show up on their aging bar as having had college time? (I was looking at the pictures and the last picture showed that it does.)
3) This is the one that I am most interested in. My sister and I had a sim couple that had to move out of their house suddenly (the lot wouldn't load). Their diplomas were on the wall and so they no longer have diplomas. They have everything else from their time in college, including his not quite perfect GPA (3.8 or something, he was our first in college). Would the "counterfit diplomas" pretty much act like real ones or are there other functions besides view?
Eminence Grise
#11 Old 21st Jun 2008 at 12:32 AM
Perfect! I don't usually use cheats, but I've never been happy about the fact that townie sims (INLCUDING COLLEGE PROFESSORS) are never college grads And I don't like hacks that have lots of different functions, so I've avoided the college adjuster etc. This was just what I've been waiting for
Field Researcher
#12 Old 21st Jun 2008 at 9:46 AM
Exellent! Thanks so much!! :D
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 21st Jun 2008 at 11:26 AM
very, very useful!!! i'm often too lazy to send my sims to college and most of them hate me for that... now i can use this! thanks!!!
Test Subject
#14 Old 22nd Jun 2008 at 1:09 PM
This is probably the MOST useful download i've ever seen. I looove it thanks thanks thanks!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 22nd Jun 2008 at 2:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Faerieimp
This sounds really interesting. It is annoying when I make an adult family (elder parents with adult kids) and they can't have graduated college. Three questions:
1) Will this give them any memories of graduating, even if the graduation is just the last thing on the list as if they went to night school or something. (Rereading, it appears that this one is a yes.)

yes, it gives "graduated with summa cum laude" or something like that memory to the graduate sim and its family members

2) Will this show up on their aging bar as having had college time? (I was looking at the pictures and the last picture showed that it does.)

yes it will

3) This is the one that I am most interested in. My sister and I had a sim couple that had to move out of their house suddenly (the lot wouldn't load). Their diplomas were on the wall and so they no longer have diplomas. They have everything else from their time in college, including his not quite perfect GPA (3.8 or something, he was our first in college). Would the "counterfit diplomas" pretty much act like real ones or are there other functions besides view?

you can change major (also you can select the same major again) and get one more diploma. It will put a same real diploma into the inventory.
Instructor
#16 Old 23rd Jun 2008 at 5:02 AM
Thank you, this looks like a fantastic mod!
Test Subject
#17 Old 29th Jun 2008 at 3:06 PM
Awesome mod, especially for my Plantsims!
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 3rd Jul 2008 at 4:35 PM
I've had this item for a while, but ever since I installed IKEA Home Stuff, it causes an error whenever I try to counterfeit a diploma. It does register that the sim "went to college" but the error seems to be caused by the hack trying to put the diploma in the sim's inventory. Is there any way this can be fixed?

"The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play." -- James T. Kirk
Test Subject
#19 Old 3rd Jul 2008 at 4:44 PM
Awesome! The College thingny you can have with the boolProp testing... code doesn't work properly, but this seems amazing! Thanks!

talt
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 3rd Jul 2008 at 5:21 PM
Amazing Talent.. Thank you so much!

Strangers Are Just Friends waiting to happen =]
Test Subject
#21 Old 5th Jul 2008 at 2:47 PM
Thanks so much for this!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 6th Jul 2008 at 2:20 PM Last edited by christianlov : 18th Jul 2008 at 1:58 PM. Reason: obsolete
Quote: Originally posted by CaptainRC
I've had this item for a while, but ever since I installed IKEA Home Stuff, it causes an error whenever I try to counterfeit a diploma. It does register that the sim "went to college" but the error seems to be caused by the hack trying to put the diploma in the sim's inventory. Is there any way this can be fixed?

Fix for "The Sims 2 IKEA® Home Stuff"
Test Subject
#23 Old 7th Jul 2008 at 6:56 AM
I loooooove this diploma, I have had it for a long time now, haven't had any problems I have all of the ep's including freetime and all the stuff packs. Thank you for creating this much needed item for me and my lazy simmies!
Test Subject
#24 Old 11th Jul 2008 at 8:46 AM
Very useful, thank you.
Inventor
#25 Old 20th Jul 2008 at 7:27 PM Last edited by ScorpioMaurus : 21st Jul 2008 at 11:51 PM.
Ahh this is great I hate sending sims to college, It's to tedious and boring, Thanks so much for this.
Page 1 of 3