Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Asian Skintones - No Eyelids!

by mjo5oh Posted 16th Jul 2008 at 12:52 PM

30 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 23 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Not actually evil.
#2 Old 16th Jul 2008 at 7:00 PM
I like the gapped teeth on kids and wrinkles on elders.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Test Subject
#3 Old 16th Jul 2008 at 9:18 PM
Oooh, thanks! These are great!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 17th Jul 2008 at 12:52 AM
Simply beautiful. Thanks.
Test Subject
#5 Old 17th Jul 2008 at 1:04 AM
Uh...you do know that Asians have double eyelids too?
And I think the words you are looking for is single eyelid, not "no eyelid"
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 17th Jul 2008 at 6:08 PM
I like these Thank you!!!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 1:41 PM
Thanks for creating these. I like how they don't look as cartoonish as some skins do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 2:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xnancyx
Uh...you do know that Asians have double eyelids too?
And I think the words you are looking for is single eyelid, not "no eyelid"

I'm Asian... I said eyelids because I was referrring to ALL of the skins which would make the eyelids plural. I'm aware that Asians can have eyelids, but they are usually less defined than caucasians. I usually don't like the drawn in eyelids anyways.
Test Subject
#9 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 5:49 PM
I like how they show up in body shop except for one thing. There's a noticeable color difference around the hairline behind the ears and on the back of the neck. Can this be fixed?
Test Subject
#10 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 6:02 PM Last edited by aeiouna : 18th Jul 2008 at 8:22 PM.
Sexy skintones! I will use them for my w-inds. Sims when I break down and make them!

(*is linear_flower/testingcheats from LJ if the icon didn't totally give it away*)

Err... my icon isn't showing up, but I'm still me.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 3:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by niqueshalfdz
I like how they show up in body shop except for one thing. There's a noticeable color difference around the hairline behind the ears and on the back of the neck. Can this be fixed?

I noticed that too and tried to tweak it. The problem is the face is slightly different colored from the skintone (I had to make it that way so the skins wouldn't get that dirty pixelated look on their faces). I could try to make the scalp multi-toned; that usually doesn't end up too well though when you have a bald sim. I'll see what I can do.
Test Subject
#12 Old 20th Jul 2008 at 6:43 AM
These are good! The preview pictures really don't do it any justice, though, and could be off-putting, even. Just a thought. Very good Asian eyes though (I'm Asian too).
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 7th Aug 2008 at 5:25 PM
I've been making a lot of asian sims for my neighborhood lately. Its developed its own chinatown. :-) Anyway, love the skins, thanks a lot!
Test Subject
#14 Old 22nd Aug 2008 at 9:37 PM
These are great! The female 'pale' model is beautiful. Are you going to put
them up for download anytime soon?
Test Subject
#15 Old 4th Oct 2008 at 3:09 PM
I really love these! I tend to make a lot of different races in my game and I love to "try" to make my Sims look as ethnically accurate as I can. This is wonderful!!! Thank you very much!
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 22nd Nov 2008 at 2:42 AM
I love making different cultural/national sims, but getting the look right on Asians with most skins is hard. These are great, and Im looking forward to seeing how they work. Thanks for sharing.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 25th Dec 2008 at 8:17 PM
this (these?) are some of the best asian skins I've found so far, I use them a LOT! good job.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 14th Feb 2009 at 6:11 PM
awesome and much needed thanks!
Test Subject
#19 Old 26th Apr 2009 at 2:38 AM
Love it! I'm really enjoying it! Thanks a mill !
Test Subject
#20 Old 30th Apr 2009 at 5:17 PM
Wonderful! Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 24th May 2009 at 9:59 AM
lovely, thank you so much!
Test Subject
#22 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 11:52 PM
ahh finally some beautifully pale skin! Very, very lovely (:
Test Subject
#23 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 11:59 PM
Thanks, these are great I've been trying to make asian sims for so long, but the maxis skin tones just aren't right.

Thank you so much. :P
Test Subject
#24 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 10:05 AM
Thank You! They're beautiful!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 17th Jul 2011 at 2:08 AM
cool asian are hard to make
Page 1 of 2