Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Borg are looking for new Recruits!

by puppetfish Posted 22nd Jul 2008 at 7:25 PM

17 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 13 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Not actually evil.
#2 Old 22nd Jul 2008 at 11:25 PM
Nifty! Can you be fired? I ask because it would be a bit odd to be "unassimilated"? Or does firing mean they just turn you into reactor shielding or recycle you as nutrients? Or maybe if you're fired you got rescued and deborgified like 7-of-DD, er, 7-of-9?

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Test Subject
#3 Old 23rd Jul 2008 at 3:11 AM
How fun is this? Great job and love the job descriptions. Move over Alice Krige, there's a new Borg Queen in the Collective!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 23rd Jul 2008 at 3:35 AM
Truly Amazing!

Resistance is Futile
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
#5 Old 23rd Jul 2008 at 5:16 AM
Absolutely brilliant idea! Resistance is futile - I just have to download this! :D
Alchemist
#6 Old 23rd Jul 2008 at 7:14 AM
I simply can´t wait to get assimilated! Thanks,
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 23rd Jul 2008 at 9:07 AM
Yes! My sims can finally be assimilated.
That darn JasonDuskey's reign of terror over my sim hoods will be extended..

It is imperative that we be given preference over these mendicants...
Test Subject
#8 Old 23rd Jul 2008 at 9:58 AM
Very well thought out but it makes me wonder - what would a Borg do with money? :D
Test Subject
#9 Old 23rd Jul 2008 at 11:58 AM
this is awesome! i love putting trek things into my sims life hehe
Forum Resident
#10 Old 23rd Jul 2008 at 7:14 PM
Yes!! I've been waiting for someone to do more Trek careers. Huge thanks, sister. Now when I get to it I can make a Borg megahood.

I'm no longer active here. My latest creations can be found here:

https://blueheavensims.wordpress.com
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 23rd Jul 2008 at 7:42 PM
Okay - I'll try to answer them all!

First, thank you for all of your kind words!!

catofevilgenious - yes, you can be fired! But I wish I had thought of the scenarios you mentioned. As it was, my synaptic patterns were misfiring by the end - LOL

BMB2B, tanner1002, nixnivis, verenaheu, mehilarias- Thank you!! Being the Borg Queen, it's what every little girl dreams of, isn't it? LOL and Assimilation is quick & easy!

kharynj - Yes, it's true! He does have a certain aura, doesn't he? LOL

GIB79-1701 - What else? Upgrade their Borg implants!

JasonDuskey - Thank you Brother! There is never enough Borg in the Sims world!!

Whew! I think I got you all!

Again! Thank you!!!

Want to see all my Sims 2 creations, including my Star Trek items? Follow the link below to check out my Blog!

Puppetfish.Blogspot.com

Looking for Franny Sims Meshes? They can be found HERE!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 10th Sep 2008 at 8:18 PM
This career didn't work for me. I have NL and Uni. The sim was able to get the job, but he never goes to work. No car pool arrived, he had no distractions and his mood was relatively good. Maybe it's a game configuration issue for me.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 10th Sep 2008 at 11:21 PM Last edited by puppetfish : 10th Sep 2008 at 11:52 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebud1773
This career didn't work for me. I have NL and Uni. The sim was able to get the job, but he never goes to work. No car pool arrived, he had no distractions and his mood was relatively good. Maybe it's a game configuration issue for me.

Gosh! I am so sorry! I did try it out today when I read your note and it worked just fine for me. When I made it, I thoroughly tested it, and it also worked. Hmmmm. I used the Captain Hero flyaway, as that's the closest thing to being beamed up, so there won't be any cars coming. Did you wait until the next morning to see if it worked? I know with my game if I take a job during the day the "carpool" won't come until the next day. I'll make an Anygame with just Uni and NL, and test it there as well. I hope we can get this figured out for you!!

ok! I just tried the Uni and NL only game, and it still worked! All I can say is maybe try to install it again!

Want to see all my Sims 2 creations, including my Star Trek items? Follow the link below to check out my Blog!

Puppetfish.Blogspot.com

Looking for Franny Sims Meshes? They can be found HERE!
Field Researcher
#14 Old 4th Sep 2010 at 12:09 PM
I think you'll find the issue is the captain flyaway..I have all x-packs and when the time came to go to work nothing happened..however when I told him to walk to work! the time he was due back he never came back and so I did the cheatsenabled thing and it came up with an error referring to the captain flyway
Instructor
THANKS POST
#15 Old 25th Mar 2013 at 3:01 AM
What an awesome idea! I love the text on the image; makes me curious about the rest.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 6th Mar 2016 at 12:36 AM
Thanks You
Test Subject
#17 Old 19th Jul 2016 at 4:18 AM
There's a slight issue with some of the bonuses you get from good ending scenarios. I've had hundreds of thousands given to me even when money is supposed to be taken away, and on days off the bubble saying my sim has the day off will show, but as will the one showing they missed a day of work. I don't know if this is common or I'm just special, but overall wonderful career! <3

За очување наше плаве и чисте свету
If you know Gundam Seed and you can read it, I think it's self explanatory.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#18 Old 4th Dec 2021 at 12:01 AM
Thank you.