Replies: 127 (Who?), Viewed: 149285 times.
Page 3 of 6
Test Subject
#51 Old 14th Sep 2008 at 4:05 PM
Which files are the error ones? I don't want to delete anything that's supposed to be there. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 15th Sep 2008 at 8:06 PM Last edited by sherambles : 15th Sep 2008 at 8:18 PM. Reason: update
I still can't get it to open to even install it. :/

Update: figured it out with this: http://www.kims-design.net/get_homecrafter_working.html

Plus, it actually lets me save the files to the game so I can share it.

THANKS A TON!
Test Subject
#53 Old 16th Sep 2008 at 6:37 AM
yes it comes up but i dont have the folder in my projects folder so i have no templates to make my walls and floors did anyone else have this problem of not having homecrafter/working folder not showing up in the sim2 projects folder help i love getting it to come up but still cant make walls or floors yet please help

If there's a problem, there's always a solution.
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 18th Sep 2008 at 1:40 AM
Thankyou sooooo much Issanet. I wish I had found this thread before I uninstalled everything

Those who stand for nothing fall for anything.
Alexander Hamilton
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 18th Sep 2008 at 2:59 AM
when i double click the installer all that shows up is this blank window that doesnt say anything but 'ok'...>

Lazing around is what muttonchop does best..
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 18th Sep 2008 at 12:21 PM Last edited by UserLaura76 : 18th Sep 2008 at 12:23 PM. Reason: I missed a couple of words out.
Thank you for the newer exe for my TS2Homecrafter, I had the same problem as it was not working at all after having to reinstall the game.
Field Researcher
#57 Old 23rd Sep 2008 at 2:32 PM
IssaNet! I have been dying without my HomeCrafter Plus! I made some walls with SimPe, but who knows if they'd work with everyone else's games, but I know they should now that HomeCrafter is working for me too!

I can't believe it! And the solution was so simple!

Thank you so much!
Test Subject
DELETED POST
1st Oct 2008 at 9:08 AM
This message has been deleted by totallysims2crazy.
Test Subject
#58 Old 1st Oct 2008 at 9:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by miska
Everyone . . .

After the previous post I tried something that I recalled reading while looking for answers to the Homecrafter problem yesterday.

When executing the program from the Windows Start menu (via the shortcut) rather than just left-clicking on it and executing 'normally', right-click on the short cut and select RunAs. Doing this will bring up a box that asks which user you want to run the program as/under. Just check to make sure your Windows UserName is selected (it should be by default) and click the 'OK' button. When I did this Homecrafter loaded quickly/ appeared before my eyes. How strange, but it worked!

It seems that Homecrafter now will only run under the default Administrator account, and not just an account with Administrative Rights. I don't run in default Administrator mode (as I keep that account for pure troubleshooting) and just use the account that I set up initially when installing Windows which by default has Administrative Rights.

Hope this Helps!

~*~ Miska ~*~

OMG u are so right! It worked! Thanx!

"I hope you listen to me every night before you go to sleep. And know that someone in HB is thinking of you, Bonnie"
--Hellogoodbye
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 1st Oct 2008 at 10:17 PM
Yes I had the same problem and it started to make me crazy when it would not start to load!

IssaNet: I have 3 words that I must say to you....... I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Million thanks for making the homecrafter work!!! Finaly I can start to update my site with new walls! Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!
Test Subject
#60 Old 2nd Oct 2008 at 5:26 AM
I was having the same issue... with Apartment Life! I downloaded Homecrafter... and it was going to the "shared folders" file instead of my main file... and saying I didn't have disk space, etc. I processed the steps above and it's working like a charm.. even showing my already custom made walls!

I am humbled and bow before your genius! Gracias!!!!!!!!!!

Juju
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 2nd Oct 2008 at 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IssaNet
Please excuse me as this is my first ever post. I had the same issue today as I tried to install the Homecrafter Plus. I am running XP Pro SP 2 with every Sims 2 Expansion pack and CC pack thru Ikea. Here is what I came up with. I happened to have a previously used version of the TS2HomeCrafterPlus.exe that was modified in 2006 instead of the default one that comes with the download installation.

I used it to overwrite the default one located here: C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 HomeCrafter Plus\HCBin

I then deleted all the error files located in this folder.

When trying to execute the TS2HomeCrafterPlus.exe I noticed in task Manager that TeaTimer.exe was pinging out my machine. I ended that process as it is only associated with SpyBot. (sounds like SpyBot didn't like it to me)

I executed the exe from within the c drive folder and....

It took a little time and lag to load but it finally came up and I am in like flynn.

I am trying to attach the exe in a rar file (hope it works). If anyone else can help by placing it into a zip file for those that don't use rar it would be greatly appreciated.

Hope this helps anyone.....

Oh dear God, come here, I want to seriously hug you!
IT WORKS! It actually works! I've been trying to get it to work ever since I got my new laptop with Vista back in April! Now I can *finally* start on an emo-fied recolour pack of the wallpaper, floor and items that came in the Fantasy part of Family Fun!
Test Subject
#62 Old 2nd Oct 2008 at 11:22 PM
HELP...Still not working...
Quote:
Please excuse me as this is my first ever post. I had the same issue today as I tried to install the Homecrafter Plus. I am running XP Pro SP 2 with every Sims 2 Expansion pack and CC pack thru Ikea. Here is what I came up with. I happened to have a previously used version of the TS2HomeCrafterPlus.exe that was modified in 2006 instead of the default one that comes with the download installation.

I used it to overwrite the default one located here: C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 HomeCrafter Plus\HCBin

I then deleted all the error files located in this folder.

When trying to execute the TS2HomeCrafterPlus.exe I noticed in task Manager that TeaTimer.exe was pinging out my machine. I ended that process as it is only associated with SpyBot. (sounds like SpyBot didn't like it to me)

I executed the exe from within the c drive folder and....

It took a little time and lag to load but it finally came up and I am in like flynn.

I am trying to attach the exe in a rar file (hope it works). If anyone else can help by placing it into a zip file for those that don't use rar it would be greatly appreciated.

So I've downloaded the file, but WinRAR says the file is corrupt. Help? D:

98% of teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.
retired moderator
#63 Old 2nd Oct 2008 at 11:32 PM
Download again, the file is fine.

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
-RUSH- -RADIO- -ARCHIVES-
Simpeople and Me Archive- -11Dots Archive- My Sims World Archive
Scholar
#64 Old 3rd Oct 2008 at 4:06 AM
I haven't read all the posts yet, but I just wanted to say that at least this post is helpful. I had the same crap with EA when I wrote them. Have zillions of error txt files in my HCBin, etc.
My HomeCrafter worked when I had only the base game and Teen Stuff. Then I didn't use it for awhile and after installing OFB and University it quit working.
While reading these posts, I tried to right-click and use run as. Lo and behold! There was my long lost HomeCrafter. Good tip.
I also want to say thanx for the zip file for the older Home Crafter. If right-clicking ever gives out on me, I'm using that one.
Test Subject
#65 Old 6th Oct 2008 at 4:45 AM
I'm having trouble after trying the ways you guys put up (Thank you very much, by the way.), I have Vista as well, but the box would pop up, I clicked allow, even running it as an administrator, it didn't work. When I downloaded IssaNet's zip file, I clicked on the icon and some empty error boxes popped up.

Does anybody know what the heck is wrong with this? It's so frustrating!

Thank you!
retired moderator
#66 Old 6th Oct 2008 at 12:04 PM
Try unzipping it and then running it, if you haven't already.

Instructor
Original Poster
#67 Old 6th Oct 2008 at 6:50 PM
Mumblingmichiko, try the directions in my signature link
Test Subject
#68 Old 7th Oct 2008 at 2:22 AM
umm im sooo confused!!! Like I stopped at Go to Start\My Computer\C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 HomeCrafter Plus\HCBin, here you will see the Homecrafter.exe

I dont have the sims 2 homecrafter plus or an hcbin! am i screwed?!?!
#69 Old 7th Oct 2008 at 3:52 AM
erdasydney, have you ever downloaded HomeCrafter Plus from the official Electronic Arts site? If not, you will not have those directories. It does not come with the game; it is a seperate program.
Test Subject
#70 Old 7th Oct 2008 at 2:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cameronsnan
Mumblingmichiko, try the directions in my signature link

That I shall...

Have you ever sometimes wished you could rip Vista out of your computer and replace it with XP? I know it's possible but I don't have the money.... Darn. It would probably work on XP too!
Test Subject
#71 Old 7th Oct 2008 at 3:11 PM
Thank you very much, it works now! Yaaaay!
Instructor
Original Poster
#72 Old 7th Oct 2008 at 9:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumblingmichiko
Thank you very much, it works now! Yaaaay!

Brilliant! But don't forget we have issanet to thank for the overwrite exe file
Test Subject
#73 Old 8th Oct 2008 at 8:56 AM
Default Thank you!!!
Quote:
...I had the same issue today as I tried to install the Homecrafter Plus. ...Here is what I came up with. I ...have a previous... version of the TS2HomeCrafterPlus.exe ...modified in 2006 ...
I used it to overwrite the default one located here: C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 HomeCrafter Plus\HCBin ..then deleted all the error files located in this folder...I executed the exe from within the c drive folder and....It took a little time and lag to load but it finally came up!

Howdy! Howdy!

I just wanted to thank you, IssaNet, for your solution to this issue! It worked for me, and I am absolutely delighted! Thank you! Thank you!

Happy Day, ya'all!
--Val
Co-Owner of The SimsFanaticsCommunity and Sims2FanaticsCommunity
retired moderator
#74 Old 8th Oct 2008 at 7:50 PM
Thankyou to Issanet for the method and executable, and Cameronsnan for the written instructions! I've now added this valuable information to the Wiki.
http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...elp:Homecrafter

For others with Homecrafter issues, please try all of the suggestions in the above article before posting.

Test Subject
#75 Old 8th Oct 2008 at 10:05 PM
i have anyon have problems with the working folder in projects not showing up i get it up but have to temp plates to work with. i am missing the templates folder help

If there's a problem, there's always a solution.
Page 3 of 6