Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

SummerSong86 RenMax Light-Rosy-Medium Skintone Series

by summersong86 Posted 15th Aug 2008 at 4:37 PM - Updated 12th Oct 2008 at 7:00 PM by summersong86

31 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 29 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Mad Poster
#2 Old 15th Aug 2008 at 4:57 PM
Summersong, your older skins were the first I ever downloaded and I LOVED them. However, they were lost after many computer and game crashes and changing computers three times over the years. I'm so glad you're back with more and I love the texture and color choices! Can't wait to try them!! Thanks!! and welcome back!!
Field Researcher
#3 Old 15th Aug 2008 at 5:40 PM
beautiful work, thank you. Are the cup sizes purley 'paint' or do I need special meshes for them?
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 15th Aug 2008 at 6:15 PM
Edejan, thank you so much. It is people like you and your feeback and pms that kept me going on this. LOL--I feel your pain. I created this project through several computer and game crashes and one changeover from a faulty computer to my current pc. And I had gone from XP to Vista back to XP and finally back to Vista on the newest machine--finally making my peace with Vista Home Premium edition. And then I have become semi-blinded by an eyelid infection that leaves me looking at everything through a curtain of tears. I do my work half blinded and then I put a rinse in my eyes to view the final result for a few moments before my eyes glop up again. The artwork part is not affected too much but trying to see the file names is killing me!

I still have the old skin set, the FX series. That was created on an older computer and graphics card. I am not sure if it would pass approval on newer machines--I will reinstall it in my game and see if it passes the test of time and technology. At some point I will reintegrate what I liked best out of those skins into newer work. I'm definitely reusing the FX nose--that was very popular with people.

What if one little pop could open a world of wonder
So sensory, so satisfying. It's the magic Friskies makes happen every day in so many ways
Friskies, feed the senses. Cat sez eff that, gimme cheezburgers.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 15th Aug 2008 at 6:21 PM
Summersong, thanks for clearing up my question in the main post Cant wait to 'play' with them now :D
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 16th Aug 2008 at 4:33 AM
Thank you for bringing the question about meshes to my attention. I'd forgotten that some people do use alternative body meshes. I get too confused to try that, so I just stick with the Maxis ones and try to give the illusion of differing breast sizes by shading. I tested the bustlines with different dresses and tops and the illusion holds up pretty well under most circumstances.

One other thing to note--I don't have any hack to see the sims unclothed. I had a glitch in bodyshop that let one model end up naked, and that is how I tested body part positioning--on that one poor naked sim. But generally, if my skintones look odd totally nude in game, I am afraid I would not know unless somebody reports it to me.

So sensory, so satisfying. It's the magic Friskies makes happen every day in so many ways
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 16th Aug 2008 at 2:55 PM
Very nice - thank you.
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 16th Aug 2008 at 9:00 PM
Default FOR CREATORS ONLY: Original Project Files
Holding my breath here, hoping I am doing this correctly...as promised, my original project files. I had to break up my project files so that I could end up with rar files that fit within upload parameters of being of a size less than 10 MB. I apologize for the rar format instead of zip, but I was only able to get the file sizes I needed by using Winrar.

To that purpose, I have broken up my content as follows:

TWO project file folders for the face images and the hair files. The hair files aren't pictures of hair, but the pictures of the scalp, which is color matched as close as I could to match the body skin and facial skin.

And then the rest of the folders contain body image files for Adults, elders, the toddlers and infants. NO teens, because my images for teen bodies is exactly the same as my images for the adult bodies. So when you go to do your own project and need the teen bodies, simply duplicate the images for the adults and rename them the same name as the teen file images.

There is also no swatch image file, because you'll be making your own swatch for your own project. I pared down to just the customized files you will need to make your own project.

My policy is extremely liberal--edit to suit your needs and freely redistribute your edited versions to FREE sites. Put on tattoos, make makeup out of my images, make celebrities--whatever you want. Improve, trash, fold spindle and mutilate to your heart's content.

Normally I don't care about credit for my work but please if you do use this particular series of skins, credit either my MTS2 profile page or this thread so that people can understand that I built off of the work of Ren/Louis. Thanks so much!
Attached files:
File Type: rar  RenMaxMediumVariantEFaces.rar (2.02 MB, 33 downloads)
File Type: rar  RenMaxMediumVariantKface.rar (1.97 MB, 25 downloads)
File Type: rar  RenMaxLiteABodyFiles.rar (7.18 MB, 25 downloads)
File Type: rar  RenMaxLiteBBodyFiles.rar (7.18 MB, 21 downloads)
File Type: rar  RenMaxLiteCBodyFiles.rar (7.18 MB, 20 downloads)
File Type: rar  RenMaxMedABodyFiles.rar (7.40 MB, 24 downloads)
File Type: rar  RenMaxMedBBodyFiles.rar (7.40 MB, 16 downloads)
File Type: rar  RenMaxMedCBodyFiles.rar (7.40 MB, 20 downloads)
File Type: rar  RenMaxRosyAbodyfiles.rar (8.50 MB, 17 downloads)
File Type: rar  RenMaxRosyBbodyfiles.rar (8.50 MB, 20 downloads)
File Type: rar  RenMaxRosyCbodyfiles.rar (8.50 MB, 21 downloads)

Lab Assistant
#9 Old 22nd Sep 2008 at 5:59 AM
WOW! thanks SS ^^

online once again!
(haven't opened this account for years..)

Friendster profile :)

Facebook proffii:D
Field Researcher
#10 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 6:19 PM
I just saw it now girl!!!
They are great!
Go to site issues, and see the post "older dowloads"; it's about your older skins;
WE WANT THEM BACK!!!lol...just they way they were,lol...

You know the way it twists and turns,changing colour,spining yarns
You know the way it leaves you dry, It cuts you up, it takes you high
You know the way it throws about,It takes you in and spits you out
Test Subject
#11 Old 9th Oct 2008 at 6:59 AM
Thank you!!! I love your skintones! I STILL use the SMG skintone the most! lol. I even dl the Christianlov skintone changer so I could change some of the previously made sims to your skintone. I attached pics of some of my favs...

1. Cassandra Goth, made over with your SMG skintone (and a nose job too)

2. Jessica Welling, my fav simmie, daughter of Jamie Lia's Tom Welling and your Sarah Michelle Gellar sim with SMG's skintone.
Screenshots
Scholar
Original Poster
#12 Old 12th Oct 2008 at 6:08 PM Last edited by summersong86 : 12th Oct 2008 at 6:59 PM.
Thanks so much for posting Vera and Sarjernigan and letting me know you liked the old skintones, too. Well I have some good news in that I've just completed an update to the FX series I made two years ago that was so well received. I fixed some things that were constructively criticized on the originals, and did some other work.

Jessica Welling is gorgeous! I always did love Jamie Lia's Tom Welling sim. Jamie Lia does some incredible work.

I even have a new SMG sim, and a David Boreanaz, too, but unfortunately they were rejected. I fixed them but just haven't gone through the process of photographing them for upload. Creating is fun and I enjoy it but so much of my stuff I end up keeping to myself because the process of uploading (tracking down proper credit, creating photos acceptable to MTS2, filling out the forms) and having the work reviewed and sometimes needing fixes and resubmission takes up more time and energy than I can summon as a 42 year old mom of an active 4 year old. She is not in preschool since I enjoy educating her myself and prefer us to be outdoors as much as possible to appreciate nature. It is fun but tiring!

Here is a preview of FX2, actual in-game photo, not retouched:

Field Researcher
#13 Old 13th Oct 2008 at 7:38 AM Last edited by Vera Marina : 13th Oct 2008 at 8:04 AM.
Are you kidding? I don't like the older skins, I LOVE THEM! I've made gorgeous sims with them...When I want a neutral skin, yours are always my first choice. This new set is gorgeous, but I think you should upload the older ones too; they don't look the way you said in the "site issues", not a chance! I'm gonna post some pictures of the sims I've made with yours skins, just wait and see !

Field Researcher
#14 Old 13th Oct 2008 at 8:02 AM Last edited by Vera Marina : 18th Oct 2008 at 6:43 PM.
Take a look:

Well, and I have to say, putting MM aside I DIDN'T TOUCH YOUR SKINS TO MAKE THESE SIMS!!!

And not to mention the huge amount of sims I made using this skins as a base...
so, please, could you just upload them again, silly woman ?

Test Subject
#15 Old 20th Oct 2008 at 5:28 AM
Oh I know what you mean with submitting stuff. I took one look at the rules and closed the browser. I have so much custom content and much of that is pay stuff... and who will let what be downloaded or included gets SOOO complicated. Hopefully people will chill after Sims 3 is released and all we will need is just to say who created the stuff or include a disclaimer of (If your work is not credited, please e-mail me and I will revise it) ... it should be much easier that way... but that will probably not happen cuz that'd be too easy. lol. I know I'd want credit if something I created was used, but I would just msg them and ask to include my name. That's just me though, lol. I've recolored some clothes for teens (with patterns from Amanda Byne's clothing line- Dear) and made a really cute Tila sim, but I already know that I can't upload any of that. I hate ticking people off too, so it scares me to even try. And I am too much of a technotard to figure out how to make an entire outfit with mesh or new skintones and such by myself.

Anyways, I love the new skintones (and of course the old ones too!) and I can't wait to make new Simmies just so I have an excuse to use them! Hopefully, they will accept your new Sarah sim soon... >is now anticipating her arrival. lol. Thank you, thank you, thank you. >Bows to you!
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 24th Oct 2008 at 2:43 PM
hmmm. love vera marina's sims

online once again!
(haven't opened this account for years..)

Friendster profile :)

Facebook proffii:D
Forum Resident
#17 Old 11th Nov 2008 at 10:47 PM
Thanks for the creator files, Summersong. You know I love your older FX series. I still have some of them in my game. I hope you can upload your FX2 series somewhere if not here.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 9th Feb 2009 at 5:25 AM
These skins look beautiful! I always have a hard time finding good looking skins with tones that don't look completely off and with faces thad don't shine as if they were greased with Vaselin. Good work! And much thankies of course ^^
Test Subject
#19 Old 2nd Mar 2009 at 12:13 PM
Sorry about your affliction, I hope you have recovered. These are lovely skins, great to attach to my favorite meshes. I really appreciate your attaching your personal project files, it is so generous of you to share them with us. I am sure the results are very noticeable in the quality of the resulting sim (I have only used your project files, and I must tell you it took a couple of minutes to create the custom skin, as opposed to a few hours reassigning the mesh, AND at a much better level of quality).
Test Subject
#20 Old 9th Apr 2009 at 7:03 AM
thank it good for me
Scholar
Original Poster
#21 Old 10th Apr 2009 at 11:33 PM
Thanks for the feedback and comments everyone. I'm still battling my eye problem, it seems to be more than just an infection, more like an auto-immune issue. I'm here to check on my uploads and see which ones are okay and which ones were lost in the MTS2 server crash. My husband will help me restore the missing files once I find which ones are gone.

Instructor
#22 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 9:55 PM
I recall having the older downloads but lost them a long time ago. I just put these in my game and I really really like them. Thank you and I hope you get better soon.

Love does not consist of two people looking at each other, but of looking together in the right direction. - Antoine de Exupery
Test Subject
#23 Old 18th Jul 2009 at 4:34 AM Last edited by omy59fc : 18th Jul 2009 at 4:36 AM. Reason: i didnt write the right thing
Default kool and thanx
Thanks these really made my sims look better
Test Subject
#24 Old 9th Sep 2009 at 6:39 PM
Thanks..very very muuuch.
Forum Resident
#25 Old 27th Jan 2010 at 9:09 PM
Fantastic skintones, thanks a lot!

"If you suspect you won't like the answer, then don't make the question"
Page 1 of 2