Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Ruffled Separates for Girls - Recolours

by fakepeeps7 Posted 31st Aug 2008 at 11:12 PM - Updated 1st Sep 2008 at 1:02 AM by fakepeeps7

14 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 13 Feedback Posts
Not actually evil.
#2 Old 31st Aug 2008 at 11:23 PM
Nifty as usual. I needed some brown, and here it is!

However, could you pretty please get rid of the random letters and numbers at the start of the filenames? They're much easier to sort and organize when they can be listed alphabetically. If you're worried about unique file names, just put fp7 MTS2 CURRENT DATE at the end. Thanks! Don't have to do it for these, but for future work, it'd be great.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Not actually evil.
#3 Old 31st Aug 2008 at 11:43 PM
Hrm, this isn't showing up yet in the top/bottom filter for kids clothes... Did you remember to tick the "top" and "bottom" check boxes? Or is it something to do with the filter lagging?

Lab Assistant
#4 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 12:39 AM
I love your ruffled skirts so much, so I was very excited to see these new recolors. :D

Thanks!

- Fishie
I live like a hermit in my own head.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 12:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CatOfEvilGenius
However, could you pretty please get rid of the random letters and numbers at the start of the filenames? They're much easier to sort and organize when they can be listed alphabetically. If you're worried about unique file names, just put fp7 MTS2 CURRENT DATE at the end.

Those random letters and numbers aren't my doing. Body Shop sticks them in there. I'm afraid to remove them for fear the files won't work anymore.

Doesn't your Body Shop add all those letters and junk?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 1:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CatOfEvilGenius
Hrm, this isn't showing up yet in the top/bottom filter for kids clothes... Did you remember to tick the "top" and "bottom" check boxes? Or is it something to do with the filter lagging?

Yes, I checked the boxes. I don't think you can continue with the upload if you don't check something in each category. I don't know why it didn't show up.

I fixed it, so they should show up as "tops" and "bottoms" now.
Not actually evil.
#7 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 2:29 AM Last edited by CatOfEvilGenius : 1st Sep 2008 at 2:35 AM.
The "top" and "bottom" tags do show for me now, must have been just lag?

--------------------------------------------------

You can get rid of the random letters, no worries. I always do it, right after I import them into the game and make sure they look okay in game. The game doesn't really care what you call the file, so long as the filename is unique.

The other reason BodyShop sticks random junk in the name is so if two people name their work "cuWhiteTee", the file names are different. But if I call mine

cuWhiteTee_CatOfEvilGenius_MTS2_080831.package (today's date at the end)

and you call yours

cuWhiteTee_fakepeeps7_MTS2_080901.package (say you make it tomorrow)

... then it doesn't matter that we both used "cuWhiteTee" in BodyShop. Also, if I make another white tee tomorrow, and name it

cuWhiteTee_CatOfEvilGenius_MTS2_080901.package

... that's still okay. Different from my first white tee filename because of the date. Different from your 9/1 file because it cays Cat not fp7.

You can even rename existing custom content files that game has been using. Probably a good idea to delete "groups.cache" after, but I usually don't and it still works.

The only time names really matter is if you need some file to load AFTER some other file loads. In that case, make sure the file that must load later comes alphabetically after the file that must load earlier. For clothes though, that doesn't matter.

PS
Let's say you have three styles of tees on three different meshes, and you have a white tee in each style. For example: snug tees, loose tees, untucked tees... You could do this in BodyShop

cuSTeeWhite <-- snug tee
cuLTeeWhite <-- loose tee
cuUTeeWhite <-- untucked tee

You already do that though for your clothes, I noticed. I can separate the skirts from the halters from the shirts from the pants etc.

Test Subject
#8 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 2:32 PM
Yay! More pretty colors. Thanks!
Test Subject
#9 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 5:47 PM
Oooooo....Colours! These colours really stand out, and are perfect for everyday! Plus.....I.just.can't.stop.looking.at.them.

the future is funny.the future is bunny

~simss xox
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 2nd Sep 2008 at 6:05 AM
Yay! More recolors! These are beautiful! I'm really glad I cleaned out my downloads folder and got rid of the stuff I never use. Now I can put all your pretty clothes in my game without my download folder crying out in pain! Haha. Even if it was still stuffed I just can't help but download everything you make. I'm addicted! =)
Instructor
#11 Old 3rd Sep 2008 at 7:51 AM
My new wardrobes are bursting with your lovely kiddies clothes - you make such great outfits for the young ones! Thank you!
Test Subject
#12 Old 7th Oct 2008 at 8:20 AM Last edited by crazyfrogsmum : 7th Oct 2008 at 9:05 AM. Reason: typos - I'm ashamed :P
I swore that I wouldnt download anything else to make my downloads folders even bigger, but I can't resist. Great work!
Test Subject
#13 Old 18th Mar 2009 at 9:34 PM
OMG! Wonderful! I just loove green and aqua next to each other so the greenaquatan is just perfect! *downloads-ASAP!!!* :lovestruc

KRAZUKAT -> crazy, but only positive way :P
Test Subject
#14 Old 19th Apr 2009 at 11:51 AM
Great work! the only bad thing, is that I want so many of your creations but the filesize are so big! I don't want that my game gets any slower.
Test Subject
#15 Old 16th Oct 2020 at 7:25 PM
Mesh links don't work. Does anyone know where they can be obtained? (Longshot considering how old these files are, but thanks!)