Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Maxis Match Matrix/Craftsman Windows Expansion Sets 1,2,3&4 - Replaced by a newer version - Please read the 1st line of the post

by tbudgett Posted 17th Sep 2008 at 10:20 AM - Updated 18th Oct 2011 at 12:40 PM by tbudgett : Added New Sets

52 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 48 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 3
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 17th Sep 2008 at 12:29 PM
SQUEE! I loved the windows, but always felt that they were incomplete. I have to thank you once more for completing what EAxis' hasn't. I'm already assuming these are linked to the maxis textures? If so, I thank you.

Lab Assistant
#3 Old 17th Sep 2008 at 12:49 PM
very nice, thank you very much! Does anybody know of a "monumental" green and creme recolour of this window? Would love to create a monumental Dutch house but need monumental coloured windows *lol*
nina
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 17th Sep 2008 at 1:07 PM
These look great!

Retired from the Sims world. Please continue to enjoy my creations. Thank you to everyone who helped -- by either giving me the tools and knowledge to create or by encouraging me & downloading my creations. The Sims community is the BEST!
Scholar
#5 Old 17th Sep 2008 at 1:23 PM
Wonderful work! I foresee a lot of use of them. Thanks bunches!
Test Subject
#6 Old 17th Sep 2008 at 1:29 PM
I can now get rid of some higher poly windows that never quite matched this window,thanks for a great set!
Test Subject
#7 Old 17th Sep 2008 at 1:50 PM
I have all expansion packs up to Apartment Life. After installing only this set into my game, when I selected the window/door icon in build mode my game crashed back to the desktop. I removed all these doors and windows, and my game is now ok.

I hope this problem can easily be resolved, because I'm looking forward to using them in my game.
Not actually evil.
#8 Old 17th Sep 2008 at 4:25 PM
Another great completer set! So many more build possibilities now.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Field Researcher
#9 Old 17th Sep 2008 at 10:55 PM
Wow! Wonderful job on these! Thank you soooo much
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 17th Sep 2008 at 11:45 PM Last edited by tbudgett : 18th Sep 2008 at 2:54 AM.
Thanks, everyone your posts are greatly appreciated.

maxine - sorry I have all expansions, excluding AL, and the windows work fine, If anyone else has the problem described in post#7 please reply to this thread or PM me. tbudgett

SEE POST #13, NO PROBLEMS

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Please remember to hit the thanks button, if you like a creator's work or appreciate the effort. It really does mean a lot to the creators. -tbudgett
Field Researcher
#11 Old 17th Sep 2008 at 11:51 PM
Thanks so much for these. I have wanted to build a few urban lots, these will be perfect!

boolprop iqtestingenabled true
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 18th Sep 2008 at 2:17 AM
Just wanted to say thank you also for this set. That was a window I really liked but never understood why it didn't have any matching windows. Also I have AL and have had NO problems using these windows. Just a FYI.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 18th Sep 2008 at 2:53 AM
Whew!!! What A Relief, Alawren, your quick reply is very appreciated. I'll be posting another expansion to this set, a tall narrow side window, taller privacy window and 1 & 2 tile interior doors.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Please remember to hit the thanks button, if you like a creator's work or appreciate the effort. It really does mean a lot to the creators. -tbudgett
Field Researcher
#14 Old 18th Sep 2008 at 3:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nina-x
very nice, thank you very much! Does anybody know of a "monumental" green and creme recolour of this window? Would love to create a monumental Dutch house but need monumental coloured windows *lol*
nina

Check Piggi's Sims...lots of good RC's for this window!

tbudgett, these are AWESOME!!! And no problems in my game...they look beautiful!

You can find some of my older houses HERE
Test Subject
#15 Old 18th Sep 2008 at 12:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Alawren
I have AL and have had NO problems using these windows. Just a FYI.

Quote: Originally posted by tbudgett
maxine - sorry I have all expansions, excluding AL, and the windows work fine, If anyone else has the problem described in post#7 please reply to this thread or PM me. tbudgett

SEE POST #13, NO PROBLEMS

Because I have so many downloads it can take up to 45 minutes to fully load my game. So I decided to double check your doors and windows.

I re-downloaded the set. I ran the Hack Conflict Detection Utility programme, there were no conflicts found. But once again when I selected the door/window icon in build mode, my game crashed.

It seems your lovely windows and doors have taken an instant dislike to my game.

Oh well, I’ll just have to look at them lovingly from afar. Thank you for your time.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 18th Sep 2008 at 2:54 PM
Nice! I have a question, though: Does an open window of your's affect the room temp for a Sim if we have Seasons?
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 18th Sep 2008 at 10:26 PM
Thank you for this beautiful set, it is nice to have another set than the independent expression set. After using that for a few years this set will be a nice change.
Thanks
Instructor
#18 Old 18th Sep 2008 at 11:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxine
Because I have so many downloads it can take up to 45 minutes to fully load my game. So I decided to double check your doors and windows.

I re-downloaded the set. I ran the Hack Conflict Detection Utility programme, there were no conflicts found. But once again when I selected the door/window icon in build mode, my game crashed.

It seems your lovely windows and doors have taken an instant dislike to my game.

Oh well, I’ll just have to look at them lovingly from afar. Thank you for your time.

It could be something completely different since you have so many downloads, if it truly is problematic, then you should try just the windows by themselves in your downloads folder. The windows could just conflict with other windows that you've downloaded.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 18th Sep 2008 at 11:39 PM
Maxine - Do you have all your games patched?
SAGGG - No. I can give a longer explanation but it would still be no. Good question!!!!

Test Subject
#20 Old 19th Sep 2008 at 11:10 AM
Maxine - Do you have all your games patched?

Yes, all my games are patched. I'm also using Pescado's "AL fixes" patch as well.
Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 19th Sep 2008 at 5:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxine
Yes, all my games are patched. I'm also using Pescado's "AL fixes" patch as well.

Do you have any other custom windows? It is possible that something else you downloaded may have effected your game.

Test Subject
#22 Old 21st Sep 2008 at 8:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fway
Do you have any other custom windows? It is possible that something else you downloaded may have effected your game.

Yes, I've got hundreds of custom windows and doors. They are made by artists such as The Dream Team, J woods, Numenor, Simnuts, Phoenix Phaerie etc.

My game works ok once I've removed these new doors and windows. I could probably narrow it down to a particular window or door, but with my game taking 45 minutes to fully load, I haven't got the patience to put up with all the test crashes. So it's my loss. Thanks for your interest.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 23rd Sep 2008 at 12:17 AM
Again, Maxine, sorry for your problems...have you tried posting on the help forums?

Test Subject
#24 Old 23rd Sep 2008 at 12:25 PM
Again, Maxine, sorry for your problems...have you tried posting on the help forums?

Don't worry about it. Over the years I've downloaded lots of custom content that works for other people, but doesn't work in my game.

I only posted a feedback post because I wasn't sure if it was just an expansion or stuff pack incompatibility. Once again, thanks for your time.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 9th Nov 2008 at 10:43 AM
My favourite Maxis window ever expanded,Wow! A billion thanks.
Page 1 of 3