Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Sep 2008 at 3:20 PM
Default I can haz guestbook nao?
Hi All,

Coming hot on the heels of the improvements to the download section are some improvements to the journals - namely, that creators now have the option of having a guestbook!

I have made the following changes to the main journal system:
  • Creators who have journals, when adding an entry, have the option to mark that particular entry as thier "Guestbook". Each subsequent entry that is marked as a guestbook overrides the previous one, so if you ever find your guestbook getting unwieldy, just start a new one.
  • Creators may now delete comments in thier own journals, on any page that shows comments.
  • All MTS2 Staff now have the ability to delete comments from journals (previously this was limited to Admins only)
  • If a Creator has a journal and the journal has an entry marked as a Guestbook, then this will appear on the users profile page, along with the title and any text they have entered. An example may be seen on my profile page.
  • Members have the ability to comment on guestbook entries directly on the profile page.
  • If you no longer wish to have a guestbook, just delete the entry from your journal.

As with most things on MTS2, the Guestbooks are totally optional. I hope you like the new system - please let me know if you have any issues with it, or suggestions.

Regards
Delphy

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
9 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 7th Sep 2008 at 5:42 PM Last edited by PETCHY14 : 7th Sep 2008 at 6:04 PM.
Sounds Great Delphy!
Love the new feature!

EDIT: Just wanted to add about the new Profile "look", The lines are relitave to your Text colour I think? Either way, I love it!

for those who can't see the change;

Thanks Delph!

EDIT 2: Er, Sorry about this Delph, Just Quick Error posting:

The Guestbook console, Is it Not supposed to include bbcode and not take profile colours?

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Sep 2008 at 6:24 PM
Thanks for the report. I've added parsing of bbcode to the guestbook entry, so thats fixed now. Also, you know your "headers" are completely unreadable, right? White on yellow just doesn't work.

As for the guestbook colours not showing the same as the rest of your profile... Thats both deliberate and becuase I totally forgot about it - I dont have customised colours.

Glad you like the lines - just a small change but helps to differentiate things I think.

Inventor
#4 Old 7th Sep 2008 at 6:24 PM Last edited by Randir : 7th Sep 2008 at 6:33 PM.
Default Problem solved
Is that the reason why the drop down menus (Create, Downloads, Game mods...) stopped working? I can't use them.

Edit:
What ever happened the menus are working again for me.
#5 Old 7th Sep 2008 at 6:46 PM
Nice Delphy. Thanks for the work you've done!

Everything I do, All Glory will GO TO GOD! All the praises Goes to the Lord on High!
I don't want to gain the whole world and loose my Soul!
MOAVGproductions Youtube channel, subscribe to it!
MOAVGproductions blog/site
Official Facebook page, like it!
Theorist
#6 Old 7th Sep 2008 at 6:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
...are completely unreadable, right? White on yellow just doesn't work...

*Pffft* Yea! White on Yellow is so 80's - However, White on Lime is all in the Rage now Delph!
Mweh, Maybe will change them to a Grey instead if it looks alright, I meen, Its better than Lime-on-Lime right?

Are the Guestbooks ever going to be able to be 'Personalized' or is it a Thing that will stick? My little spore Creatures look not as good on white as they do on (almost) Black!

Thanks for the bbcode update

♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#7 Old 7th Sep 2008 at 7:23 PM
Yeah I'll personalise them when I get around to it.

Site Helper
#8 Old 7th Sep 2008 at 8:30 PM
Thanks, Delphy!
Inventor
#9 Old 7th Sep 2008 at 10:36 PM
Btw I like the idea too, Delphy.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 8th Sep 2008 at 2:34 AM
Good idea. Thanks.

I'm no longer active here. My latest creations can be found here:

https://blueheavensims.wordpress.com
Instructor
#11 Old 8th Sep 2008 at 4:38 AM
Brilliant Delphy, much appreciated.

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." - Lao-tzu

Sorry, I don't take requests.

My building tutorial: Link
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 8th Sep 2008 at 11:39 AM
oh, the idea of having a guest book sounds cool! thanks, delphy!
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
#13 Old 8th Sep 2008 at 7:06 PM
Brilliant changes as always (guestbook, yay!) - but I do have a tiny question/request: Would it be possible to make the new lines customisable colour-wise, instead of having them use the caption colour (alternately let them use the border colour?)

I use a dark caption colour for readability (which I don't want to make too light for that same reason), but since my colour scheme otherwise is fairly light, those dark border look very strange. I'd be a much happier camper if I could set a different colour for them.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#14 Old 8th Sep 2008 at 7:33 PM
The line colour should be the same as your text colour.

Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
#15 Old 8th Sep 2008 at 7:44 PM Last edited by nixnivis : 8th Sep 2008 at 8:12 PM.
The colour I set for the caption text (at least that's what it's called in the "profile override colours" box) is also the colour the lines become.

But my question here wasn't really where the new lines get their colour from; what I wonder is whether it'd be possible to customise the line colour separately from the caption text colour (or whatever you prefer to call it). I like my caption colour for the captions, but not quite so much for the lines - but I don't want to compromise readability by making the caption text colour too light. That's why I'd like to set the colours for the lines separately, if possible.
Wiki Wizard
#16 Old 10th Sep 2008 at 7:51 PM
Thanks for this, i love the guestbook, it is a great idea! And the lines i must agree are very awesome and a great improvement!

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Theorist
#17 Old 25th Nov 2008 at 9:46 PM
Delphy; Am I the only one that has noticed the gigantic gap made in the Guestbooks?
For instance, On mine the gap is smallish, Linky, But on Yours, It takes up over a page! Can't think why its occurring.. *Shrug*

Thanks Delph!

♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#18 Old 25th Nov 2008 at 10:12 PM
That area that you highlight should contain the actual guestbook text itself.

Captain Louie
retired moderator
#19 Old 26th Nov 2008 at 12:32 AM
^

I don't understand, and mine has quite a large gap, too :/
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#20 Old 26th Nov 2008 at 12:32 AM
You have a huge image in yours QBUILDERZ. I can see your guestbook entry fine.

Theorist
#21 Old 26th Nov 2008 at 6:19 PM
Here, This massive gap;

Piccy

♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Captain Louie
retired moderator
#22 Old 26th Nov 2008 at 6:36 PM
Here is my "Massive" gap.

It is only slightly larger :P

Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#23 Old 26th Nov 2008 at 7:21 PM
Looks like IE doesn't like 100% width tables inside a scrolling div. Reducing it down to 99% fixed the problem. PS use a better browser :P

Theorist
#24 Old 26th Nov 2008 at 9:31 PM
Delph; I see no change *Shrugs*

PS: Compatibility is always key

♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#25 Old 26th Nov 2008 at 11:59 PM
Maybe it's an IE7 thing. Works in IE6.

Page 1 of 2