Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

"San Francisco Painted Lady" Fully Furnished, No Custom

by Simonut Posted 9th Sep 2008 at 4:21 AM - Updated 13th Dec 2009 at 3:53 AM by Simonut

24 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 19 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Instructor
#2 Old 9th Sep 2008 at 7:38 AM
thats realy cool! and looks great when u only used basegame and nightlife because there less better maxi items i find

also in sanfransico do they have window shutters in the kichen?

Check out my own site click HERE
Field Researcher
#3 Old 9th Sep 2008 at 11:18 PM
Beautiful! I couldn't picture what you were talking about when you were describing the location of the garage versus the living area, but now I see! I love this house! Every bit of it, your houses have got to be my favorites!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 10th Sep 2008 at 11:47 PM
This is a really nice house!
Wiki Wizard
#5 Old 11th Sep 2008 at 7:08 PM
This is very interesting, i really like it, colour scheme is a bit odd, you should try pastel coloured cladding Apart from that good work

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#6 Old 11th Sep 2008 at 7:46 PM Last edited by Simonut : 11th Sep 2008 at 10:05 PM.
Default San Francisco Painted Lady
Quote: Originally posted by Deluxe Designs
This is very interesting, i really like it, colour scheme is a bit odd, you should try pastel coloured cladding Apart from that good work

Thank You for your comment, they are always welcome DD. But I should point one thing out to you In San Francisco the "Painted Lady" Victorian Houses are off beat the colors are always odd, that is what make them Interesting. People there seem to like more rich tone colors, as well as pastel.
Test Subject
#7 Old 12th Sep 2008 at 2:19 PM Last edited by JLonier : 24th Oct 2008 at 1:37 AM. Reason: removed in line pick, very pretty but waaay to big
I'm not trying to be rude, just a little constructive criticism, I guess I'm the only one that doesn't see it... the painted lady I mean, it just doesn't look like it. Nice house though. I'm not trying to be mean, so don't get mad at me!
Test Subject
#8 Old 12th Sep 2008 at 7:50 PM
I was just going to say the same thing, but you beat me to it first, Spinnell. Its a great looking house, but it is not a San Francisco painted Lady by any means.
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#9 Old 12th Sep 2008 at 9:07 PM Last edited by Simonut : 20th Nov 2008 at 8:37 PM.
All comment are welcome be it negative or positive. But here are the Facts San Francisco Victorians are a mix of "MANY STYLES" not just the Oueen Anne houses.

There are many, many Styles of the "Painted ladies" Victorians found in other neighbohoods in San Francisco, Not just Alamo Square area where a lot of Queen Anne houses are found, those houses have been used in movies and Television as well as post cards. So Many people may think that is what San Francisco victorians all look like when there are so many more styles not yet seen in the bay area.
Instructor
#10 Old 13th Sep 2008 at 4:13 PM Last edited by snspinelli : 13th Sep 2008 at 4:24 PM.
My family is from San Francisco.

The house is nice and you did a pretty good job on it. Personally, I don't think it looks like a Victorian or an Edwardian, and the windows, roof and color placement are a little haphazard. I don't mind the contrasting colors at all, but the placement seems a bit off, in terms of Painted Ladies. Generally, these houses have a lot of little architectural details, and that's where the colors come into play, not just in blocks on the face of the siding; that's pretty hard to pull off in a Maxis-only house, though. The row-style houses (whether they are Queen Anne, Italianate or Edwardian) are very distinctive of San Francisco. I'm not sure your house fits that classification, but I can imagine it in a wealthy section of town with broader homes and bigger yards. Overall it's a nice house, and you obviously put a lot of work into it. Thanks for sharing.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 19th Oct 2008 at 5:37 AM
This is a Victorian home....There are many styles of Victorian homes.

You did a wonderful job thank you(=
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#12 Old 19th Oct 2008 at 10:54 PM
Thanks "exotika" for you comment, enjoy !

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 4th Nov 2008 at 7:44 PM
I don't know what a Painted Lady looks like so I'm not judging against anything. I love it! I love the layout and the big yard. I have such a hard time finding houses with big enough yards so I can have a greenhouse but still a reasonable yard. Wonderful house, really.

Grateful Downloader
-Jen
Test Subject
#14 Old 20th Nov 2008 at 3:52 AM
I think you did a great job...bein bay area born and raised, i totally see where ur going. Thanks ^_^
Test Subject
#15 Old 25th Nov 2008 at 8:50 PM
I have to say that i really didnt know how a painted lady has to look like(just a woman with lots of body painting on her *rofl*)
but know i looked it up and i have to say, i think it somehow looks like one.
For all the others,..dont judge to early, we havent even seen a picture of the real house that was inspiring for simonut, maybe this simshouse really really looks like it.
Lots of my simshouses are inspired by real existing one or are base on architectural themes... its hard to construct these houses with the sims, there is another scaling and there is still not enough building content that allows us to rebuild these houses exactly like they look like in real life.

I LOVE THE HOUSE SIMONUT! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK1
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 19th Feb 2009 at 9:23 AM
yes, those house are pretty strong and the survived ''The big One''. Respect.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 7th Mar 2009 at 10:40 AM
This house is beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

Visit Vaya Sims site for free downloads!
Test Subject
#18 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 6:16 PM
Elegant
Scholar
#19 Old 29th Aug 2009 at 11:09 PM
Well done! I love the colors and simplicity. Thanks.
Test Subject
#20 Old 23rd Mar 2010 at 6:42 AM
this house is great...i love the colors..

(^_^)b
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#21 Old 8th Apr 2012 at 4:32 PM
This one is very nice too. I love how you use full-wall mirrors in some areas, it brings an illusion that the room is wider. Thanks for sharing!
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 23rd Aug 2012 at 4:19 PM
very nice

Quote:
you are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. and whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

ウワァァ━━━。゚(゚´Д`゚)゚。━━━ン!!!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#23 Old 13th Sep 2015 at 4:32 PM
Beautiful house, and very pleasant to play.
The Goodie couple that came with Apartment Life, old Herbert and Faith, live in it in my game (Riverblossom Hills), and they enjoy its elegance and comfort very much.
I also really like how nice it looks from neighbourhood view and seen from the neighbours' windows, with its unique shape and colours.
Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 5th Mar 2016 at 1:51 PM
thank you
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#25 Old 30th Jul 2017 at 12:49 PM
I need a new pretty house. Thank you for this!