Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Child Lycanthropy *Update: Cure Now Usable*

by poifectly_poiple Posted 27th Sep 2008 at 10:28 AM - Updated 11th Jun 2009 at 1:05 AM by poifectly_poiple : Update

78 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 69 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Alchemist
#2 Old 27th Sep 2008 at 11:16 AM
This is awesome! I have this oddball family with two plantsims one of whom is being courted by Bigfoot, the either doubling as a witch, so the only 'normal' girl might get wolfed, the leader of the pack *does* spend an awful lot of time on their lot!

Just one question though: When they age, do their keep their werewolf nature?

Also, I'm not even sure whether you take requests or anything but if you could do this for vampires as well, I'd be more than thrilled (so would others no doubt!)

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 27th Sep 2008 at 12:13 PM
This is soo cool, I'm going to install it right away. :D

To sim or not to sim thats the question.
Test Subject
#4 Old 27th Sep 2008 at 12:25 PM
This is so amazing. And...Is that a child PlantSim I spy?!

"Just for this moment...As long as your mine..."
Instructor
#5 Old 27th Sep 2008 at 3:17 PM
thanks a lot for this!!!! i loved it ^^

hi!
Test Subject
#7 Old 27th Sep 2008 at 4:03 PM Last edited by Judefan6 : 27th Sep 2008 at 9:12 PM.
Yay! This is awesome, and it would be even more awesome if you were to do the other creatures...

I spy with my little eye...child plantsims in screenshots!
Field Researcher
#8 Old 27th Sep 2008 at 4:21 PM
This looks great, thank you. It always bothered me that we couldn't have children werewolves or any scifi deal (since plantsims can only be toddlers and adults).

I'm guessing if we have a default werewolf skin involved, the child sims will still use the maxis one and maxis werewolf eyes, correct, unless this custom skin happens to be enabled for all ages? (I'm guessing you took the maxis furry skin and resized it for children, not necessarily linked it to whatever the default is, since it's not normally there, right...?) Sorry if this is a confusing question.

But truly thanks a ton This will be very fun.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 27th Sep 2008 at 6:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghanima Atreides
When they age, do their keep their werewolf nature?

I don't see why they wouldn't, so, yes, they do.

Quote: Originally posted by Gina_chan
Is that a child PlantSim I spy?!

It might be.

Quote: Originally posted by whitesiren
I'm guessing if we have a default werewolf skin involved, the child sims will still use the maxis one and maxis werewolf eyes, correct, unless this custom skin happens to be enabled for all ages?

Actually, the children steal textures from the teen male, so unless you have one of those, erm, "correct" replacements, it will look fine and your wolfy children will look just like their older counterparts.
Test Subject
#10 Old 27th Sep 2008 at 7:30 PM
I spy child vampires, plantsims, and witches on the horizon.

Or, perhaps, child vampiric witches!

*gleee* Thank you!
Mad Poster
#11 Old 27th Sep 2008 at 7:51 PM
amazing! I've been looking/hoping for something like this all since PETS came...
Forum Resident
#12 Old 27th Sep 2008 at 10:33 PM
A very nice and original idea. Kudos to that too (along with the work you put into making this work)
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 27th Sep 2008 at 11:24 PM
Good job!!!
Field Researcher
#14 Old 28th Sep 2008 at 2:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by poifectly_poiple
I don't see why they wouldn't, so, yes, they do

It might be.

Actually, the children steal textures from the teen male, so unless you have one of those, erm, "correct" replacements, it will look fine and your wolfy children will look just like their older counterparts.

*Gasps* Oh wow! That means... O_O you did a lot more work, and we're looking forward to more work to come? Oh man you're amazing! It seems you've really thought of all the little parts with this too! Thank you!

*Runs off to make Sim-Munsters* Thank you!
Forum Resident
#15 Old 28th Sep 2008 at 12:21 PM
Cool!
Great for a Remus Lupin sim
Thanks a bunch.

//HB

♥Adam Ant♥
No, I don't take request at the moment
11/7 -09 My beautiful niece was born!
Field Researcher
#16 Old 28th Sep 2008 at 7:57 PM
You are a gem! :D
I’ll keep my eyes open, just in case you end up making a vampire mod.

The Possibilities are Endless

-----------------------
Test Subject
#17 Old 28th Sep 2008 at 9:55 PM
So, am i correct in saying that if I only have Sims 2 Pets and no other newer expansion pack that I won't be able to create cute little werewolf kids?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 28th Sep 2008 at 9:59 PM
In my testing, no, you wouldn't be able to.
Test Subject
#19 Old 29th Sep 2008 at 5:17 AM
Holy hell, awesome.
Test Subject
#20 Old 30th Sep 2008 at 1:25 AM
Dude this rocks! Awesome idea...I dislike children-they are so boring...this will definately add a lot more fun to my game!!!!!! Thanks! But with my luck I wont be able to get the wolf to bite my sim...wish me luck!

I wish I knew how to surf...and play the drums...
Test Subject
#22 Old 1st Oct 2008 at 3:09 AM
will you be able to make toddler lycanthropy? that would be so cool to have little baby werewolves!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 1st Oct 2008 at 5:54 AM Last edited by poifectly_poiple : 9th Nov 2008 at 7:56 PM.
Theoretically I could, and while it would be cool/cute to have little mini-werewolves running around, there isn't a lot toddlers would be able to actually DO as werewolves. Also, I can't actually make entirely new animations, and recycling the adult ones would look odd on toddlers. A bit too coordinated, I think.
Test Subject
#24 Old 3rd Oct 2008 at 2:20 AM
Thank you! Also, do you know if you could maybe make a child (maybe toddler too?) vampire mod? That would be so awesome.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 5th Oct 2008 at 6:44 PM
This is really well done. The animations of the child turning werewolf and back are exactly the same as for the adults. And the wants and fears related to the child and lycanthropy are all the way they should be too. Thank you for this.
Page 1 of 4