Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

FIX / DEFAULT REPLACE af wide jeans + untuckable + maternity

by CatOfEvilGenius Posted 7th Nov 2008 at 7:28 PM - Updated 19th Dec 2010 at 2:34 AM by CatOfEvilGenius

40 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 36 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Instructor
#2 Old 7th Nov 2008 at 7:36 PM
Awesome! I love these pants, but that waist thing always bugged me a bit. And the untuckables are just great, thanks!
Test Subject
#3 Old 7th Nov 2008 at 7:44 PM
I always wondered if that was something that could be fixed. Those are some of my favorite pants. Thanks!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 7th Nov 2008 at 9:49 PM Last edited by AyameS : 8th Nov 2008 at 5:29 PM.
thanks so much. i love these pants but because of the waist, i hardly use them. you've made my day!
Forum Resident
#5 Old 7th Nov 2008 at 10:26 PM
This has always bottered me. Not that I own Nightlife very long yet, but still...
Thanks for fixing this!!!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 7th Nov 2008 at 10:56 PM
Thank you so much! I noticed this quite a while ago and just had to cross my fingers and hope that one of you brilliant fixer-uppers would notice it too... hurrah!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 8th Nov 2008 at 12:23 AM
Oooh, great fix. I always thought that looked ridiculous.

- Fishie
I live like a hermit in my own head.
Instructor
#8 Old 8th Nov 2008 at 1:06 AM
I was JUST thinking, the other day, "Goodness, with all the other stupid things that have always bugged me about some piece of Maxis content that have since been fixed, WHY has no one fixed the awful waist on the NL pants yet? They used to be the only decent Maxis pants even though they were b0rked!" And yay, now you have! Awesome sauce!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 8th Nov 2008 at 1:36 AM
These are one of the few Maxis meshes I really like, but it was always kind of annoying to have to search for tops that fit the weird waistband. Now you've fixed it! Thank you!!
Forum Resident
#10 Old 8th Nov 2008 at 2:21 AM
Great fix, thanks a lot!

"If you suspect you won't like the answer, then don't make the question"
Test Subject
#11 Old 8th Nov 2008 at 2:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AyameS
thanks so much. i love these pants but because of the waist, i hardly use it. you've made my day!

I absolutely agree with this, nothing to add. Thank you so much. You're a genius .
Instructor
#12 Old 8th Nov 2008 at 2:37 AM
Thanks for these. But just a question, did you happen to align the UV with the top UV? Because there seems to be some issues. This is the most obvious visual aid I could come up with.

desperation makes you look like a tool

Exclusive downloads available only at Phasmatic Sims!
Field Researcher
#13 Old 8th Nov 2008 at 4:30 AM
thanks! i just noticed yesterday how ridiculous that waist looked.
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#14 Old 8th Nov 2008 at 4:34 AM
migamoo I know, I should have posted an explanation. I did align the top of the pants UV with the bottom of the shirt UV. However, because of the way the pants are meshed and mapped, I could either make the UV work right but break existing pants recolors, or keep existing pants recolors but with a UV map that squishes part of the texture for tops. It's not obvious on tops that don't have graphics, it is obvious on tops that do have graphics.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 8th Nov 2008 at 4:50 AM
Thanks for this - these were always one of my favourite Maxis meshes apart from that darn waist! This is going to make them so much more useful.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 8th Nov 2008 at 5:12 AM
Cat, you are a genius! An evil genius, I might add These are fabulous! Maxis made such nice pants but that waist... Is there anything they don't stuff up? :P

Thanks so much for these
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#17 Old 8th Nov 2008 at 5:21 AM
Aw, thanks. *huge blush* If I were actually a genius, I would have gotten these to work with graphic shirts too. I am glad folks like the change though, thank you for all your comments (and migamoo for the example picture).

Forum Resident
#18 Old 8th Nov 2008 at 3:06 PM
great! I didn´t notice the wrong bone weights before, how stupid...^^
Thank you for fixing!!
Scholar
#19 Old 8th Nov 2008 at 4:55 PM
i think i love you <3
i always knew these whould be good untucked pants...and now they can be! :D
Mad Poster
#20 Old 8th Nov 2008 at 5:50 PM
Incorrect bone weights seem to be the one thing I never notice with MAXIS meshes. I only ever spotted it on that one BV teen girl outfit I fixed and that was only as it made a hole in their arms when zoomed out!
Cheers for fixing this!

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 8th Nov 2008 at 6:10 PM
Thank you! This has been bothering me for so long! You made my day!

If nothing can go wrong, something will.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 8th Nov 2008 at 8:34 PM
Nice! I love the recolors as well. I second the "genius" title. You have some of the best add-ons out there!

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Scholar
#23 Old 9th Nov 2008 at 1:16 AM
im so happy ive been requesting these pants at insim to be made untuckable for so long im glad some one else wanted these as well and you fixed the goofy waist to boot great job

check out my uploads here updated May 15, 2008
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 9th Nov 2008 at 7:02 AM
I really love your pants fix - though I'm hoping that your pants have the Pregnancy bump added to them because I already have a pregnancy add-on which replaces this mesh with the bump - but I like your pants because it fixes the other issues with the mesh.

In the future do you think you will add the pregnancy bump to these?
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#25 Old 9th Nov 2008 at 7:26 PM
pregnancy bump That's an excellent idea, actually, Tabatha. I'll do it later, make it match HP's untuckable shirts w/ preg morph.

Page 1 of 2