Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

-Less Obnoxious Green- Default Replacement for Bad Witch Skintone

by Phaenoh Posted 18th Nov 2008 at 12:58 AM - Updated 27th Mar 2009 at 5:22 PM by Phaenoh

62 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 52 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 3
Test Subject
#2 Old 18th Nov 2008 at 1:10 AM
Ick, I hadn't even noticed how bright that was.

Download and danke. :3

And....first comment yes? 8D

Compulsive Downloader and PROUD OF IT.
My Sims 3 game has a built in timer! It never fails to crash after an hour of playing. D;
Scholar
#3 Old 18th Nov 2008 at 1:56 AM
HERE IT IS!!!
you can totlay ignore my comment in your journal now :P
i like the shade you shose...this light lime green...happens to be my favorite color XD
and the original skin was semi-transparent? cuz it looked the same to me no matter what skintone i set it on :s
ANYWAY... this is great...and seeing the original skinshade pic...i am amzied at the diffrence.
GREAT AND THANKS
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 18th Nov 2008 at 1:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sim~obsessor
HERE IT IS!!!
you can totlay ignore my comment in your journal now :P
I can't ignore it, your comment was why I posted it Glad you like it!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 18th Nov 2008 at 2:06 AM
many thanks, have a great ngiht
Not actually evil.
#6 Old 18th Nov 2008 at 2:06 AM
Now I can have Elphaba from Wicked, or a close relation, in my game, and not run screaming "My eyes, my eyes!". Thank you.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Alchemist
#7 Old 18th Nov 2008 at 2:27 AM
Now I can play evil witches without wanting to turn them back to good because of the ugly green. Your's is much better.. thanks.
Instructor
#8 Old 18th Nov 2008 at 7:01 AM
good one, id have liked to know what they were thinking in the first place. a green witch??????never heard of. i just downloaded this and it simply have! to be better than the original.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 18th Nov 2008 at 8:11 AM
Even this is a darker green than I'd like, but it's WAY better than the original; thanks so much for making it.

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Inventor
#10 Old 18th Nov 2008 at 10:16 AM
Thanks a bunch this is just what I was hoping someone would do. :D

~R.I.P Tibbs. You will be truely missed~

|MTS2|DeviantArt|
retired moderator
Original Poster
#11 Old 18th Nov 2008 at 4:13 PM Last edited by Phaenoh : 18th Nov 2008 at 4:59 PM.
I've just posted an even lighter more transparent version, maybe that one is to your liking? I personally find it not green enough, it starts turning yellow because of the peachy skin tones showing through and blending, but now you've got options!
Test Subject
#12 Old 18th Nov 2008 at 6:31 PM
I don't like lighter one, but 50% is awesome! Thanks!
Instructor
#13 Old 18th Nov 2008 at 7:06 PM
hey! this is great id definately try out this "dirty yellow" one.
to me thats more bad witchy than weird green
thank you very much.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 19th Nov 2008 at 2:06 AM
I love the 50% one! Thanks so much!
Theorist
#15 Old 20th Nov 2008 at 5:05 PM
Erm, Phae? Is this a bug...?

*Shruggle*

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
retired moderator
Original Poster
#16 Old 20th Nov 2008 at 6:22 PM
I can't tell what you are picturing (its too tiny) but I'm assuming you are talking about the head skin not being the same color. Its not my fault, I changed that texture as well, but for some reason the game doesn't read that file the same way as it reads the other files, so I'm not sure if it supports transparency. My only suggestion is use hair that covers it. Sorry, but I can't do anything about it (already tried! )
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 22nd Nov 2008 at 4:17 AM
Thank you, thank you for the lighter green!

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Field Researcher
#18 Old 23rd Nov 2008 at 3:04 AM
Phae, what I love about your uploads is that you always make useful things! Ever since AL came out, I've been so bothered by those evil green witches that I would always make neutral or good witches. Now, I'll definitely make more evil witches! Can you read my mind or something? I've been wanting something like this so badly! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Thank you!
Test Subject
#19 Old 23rd Nov 2008 at 9:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CatOfEvilGenius
Now I can have Elphaba from Wicked, or a close relation, in my game, and not run screaming "My eyes, my eyes!". Thank you.

Same here. First thing I wanted to do was Elphie, but that colour... it just didn't work. Thanks
Test Subject
#20 Old 28th Nov 2008 at 3:28 AM
THANK YOU. That super green skintone has bothered me ever since I got Apartment life. Yours is much better; thanks so much!
Test Subject
#21 Old 11th Dec 2008 at 7:46 PM
Thanks much!
I'll definitely be using your green version in my game - the lighter one looks too close to my default alien skin.
Test Subject
#22 Old 21st Dec 2008 at 3:40 AM
I downloaded and in stalled this but my evil sims were still the regular green? Will it change after a couple plays?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#23 Old 21st Dec 2008 at 6:10 PM
It should change immediately, maybe you didn't install it correctly?
Test Subject
#24 Old 21st Dec 2008 at 7:19 PM
I just put it in the downloads folder. Isn't that correct?
Should I re-download it?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#25 Old 21st Dec 2008 at 10:46 PM
It does just go right in your downloads folder, if that didn't work, then yes, try redownloading. (You did unrar it first, right?)
Page 1 of 3