Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The "Blue Star" Residence (House of Fail November 2008)

by plasticbox Posted 17th Nov 2008 at 10:47 PM - Updated 13th Mar 2009 at 11:43 PM by plasticbox

17 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 14 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Meet Me In My Next Life
#2 Old 17th Nov 2008 at 11:22 PM
This is nice, thanks

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Site Helper
#3 Old 18th Nov 2008 at 12:11 AM Last edited by Canoodle : 18th Nov 2008 at 3:28 AM. Reason: Converted to a 'thanks' post.
Very nice! And so different than your usual style...

I really enjoy that MATY challenge. It's funny how poorly designed the Maxis lots are. And, it's fun to see what everyone does to make them usable.
Instructor
#4 Old 18th Nov 2008 at 12:42 AM
Very nice. I also love the Maty challenge. Great work. Thanks!
Forum Resident
#5 Old 18th Nov 2008 at 7:13 AM
Wow, what a great house!! (the other one also )
i love big rooms with a godd lightning...
Thaks for sharing it
Wiki Wizard
#6 Old 18th Nov 2008 at 5:28 PM
Wow, you should do larger lots more often, this is superb! :D

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Instructor
#7 Old 20th Nov 2008 at 4:49 AM
This is beautiful, I'm in love. I love what you did with this lot, it has stunning curb appeal and a fantastic floorplan for playing. Thanks plasticbox for sharing this here!

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." - Lao-tzu

Sorry, I don't take requests.

My building tutorial: Link
Test Subject
#8 Old 25th Nov 2008 at 8:37 AM
Great house! this house inspirates me very much. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 26th Dec 2008 at 10:17 AM
It is amazing, thanks for sharing.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 26th Dec 2008 at 10:27 AM
Beautiful lot and very intersting architecture. I love the large windows areas and the soft colours you used for the walls, floors and furnitures.
I agree with Deluxe Designs you should do larger lots more often that's awesome
Test Subject
#11 Old 29th Mar 2009 at 9:20 PM
I have all six Mac-available EPs (Uni through BV) but I cannot select (with the eyedropper) the scored concrete flooring that's used on the decks, nor can I find that flooring in my build catalog even though it appears on the lot.

Is that a terrain paint? or some kind of custom content that appears only on this lot?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 30th Mar 2009 at 1:49 AM
Maygus,

that flooring is unlocked from the catalogue – i.e. you have it in your game, but not accessible, just like the road and sidewalk textures. To unlock those textures, you'd open TSData/Res/Catalog/Scripts/floorPatterns.txt and comment the line "notInCatalog" so that the game ignores that fact (change it to "#notInCatalog").

Unfortunately I don't remember the name of this particular floor pattern, so I can't tell you wht exactly to change if you want this in your catalog .. but the names are generally sensible, I guess it'll be "concrete" or "stone" somethingorother.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
#13 Old 30th Mar 2009 at 7:14 PM
Found it - pbox, thanks! The pattern is "floor_poolDeck_concreteSlab". There's a hidden terracotta pool deck in there too.

Another question, if I may: how did you make the chimney stacks invisible?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#14 Old 30th Mar 2009 at 8:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Maygus
Another question, if I may: how did you make the chimney stacks invisible?

I smashed them with the sledgehammer tool.

However, this is probably *not* a recommended procedure in general -- I made another lot later on where I deleted the chimneys in the same manner, and some people crashed with that, apparently because of the missing chimneys. That was Backdoor Lane 57 I believe. I never heard about any crashes with this one (the Blue Star), nor did I ever crash myself, so I guess it can't be *only* the missing chimney -- but I have no idea what else plays a role.

So in a word, if you plan to delete chimneys, make a backup first, in case you can't load it again afterwards.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Instructor
#15 Old 30th Jul 2009 at 11:28 AM
Good job! I was pleasantly surprised to see this, it's so refreshing and clean compared to your other lots. Thanks for sharing with us.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 21st Sep 2009 at 9:02 AM
Wow awesome this will made a beautiful dorm in my desert neighbourhood.
THX
my house always look boring good thing I'm not an architect *lol*
you did so much better!

*.*:*.*:*.*:*.*:*.*:*.*:*.*:*.*:
We do not see things as they are.
We see them as we are.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 6th Aug 2014 at 3:36 PM
:)
Test Subject
THANKS POST