Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Trailer Park Apartments "Leesester Park"

by leefish Posted 19th Nov 2008 at 12:32 AM - Updated 11th Dec 2011 at 4:28 PM by leesester : Updated after the Great Crash of '09

18 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 11 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 19th Nov 2008 at 12:47 AM
I love this trailer park, I can just picture in my mind the Sims that will live there.
Great job. (I once lived in a trailer park like this) lol
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator THANKS POST
#3 Old 19th Nov 2008 at 1:00 AM
Just wanted to put your mind at ease, because I've seen your post in Feedback just now: flat floor roofs are *safe* to use in Seasons -- only if you slant them, they stop working (then you'd need a second level of flooring underneath to make them waterproof).

And I like the layout of this and am looking forward to the windows!

(You should probably try to figure out how to un-squeeze your screenshots -- to the casual observer, it makes the rooms look quite cramped even if they're not .. somehow your pics have the wrong pixel ratio!?)
Test Subject
#4 Old 19th Nov 2008 at 1:47 AM
i thought it was funny that the maxis trailer park used the wheel wall hanging and lowered it to look like trailer wheels
Test Subject
#5 Old 19th Nov 2008 at 2:41 AM
Why would a rich sim live in a trailer park??
Field Researcher
#6 Old 19th Nov 2008 at 6:04 AM
Because trailer parks rule! And what about going on holidays? I think this is a brilliant Idea. Much better than those icky maxis ones. Thanks for this!

The Sim Supply!

Call me PD :)
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 20th Nov 2008 at 10:00 AM Last edited by leesester : 12th Dec 2008 at 1:07 PM.
You will need to use the milk bottle on these doors to get the colours you see on the screenshots. go to link below

http://www.modthesims2.com/download.php?t=310249. And do not be afraid of the bottle - it is very easy to use and WILL NOT harm your game as it is NOT a hack.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
Original Poster
#8 Old 14th Mar 2009 at 1:09 PM
EDIT: I took advantage of the sitewide crash of March '09 and added the required doors into the rar file, you can still get the milkbottle for more options but you no longer need to do so. Looks like every cloud has a silver lining after all

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Test Subject
#9 Old 8th May 2009 at 7:22 AM
how did Maxis make wheels on the trailer? It only can be placed high way up on the wall. ???
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 8th May 2009 at 5:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by florenn999
how did Maxis make wheels on the trailer? It only can be placed high way up on the wall. ???

Er, there are no wheels on these trailers.....but if you wanted to add them I guess move objects on, snap to grid and use the AL wall height adjustment cheat (the [ and ] buttons with object selected).

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 25th Nov 2012 at 9:15 PM
Thankyou!! The one Maxis made screwed up. It kept crashing. This one is perfect. Thanks for the download.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 5th May 2013 at 3:42 AM
Yeah well I dowloaded this and it's neat and all that, but I'm having a problem. The game says click on door to rent appartment, but the apartment has no doors, when I ad doors the park becomes unavailable. How do I move my sims into a trailer?
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
Original Poster
#13 Old 10th May 2013 at 9:37 AM
What do you mean no doors?

Try downloading this:

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=310249

regarding getting the apartments to work, from the upload post:

Quote:
YOU MUST HAVE THIS IN THE DOWNLOADS FOLDER FOR THE APARTMENTS TO WORK

- get it from the link below, it is the first fence in the downloads list on that upload.

http://www.modthesims2.com/download.php?t=219292

Mad Poster
#14 Old 26th Jan 2014 at 10:18 AM Last edited by gazania : 26th Jan 2014 at 10:53 AM.
For some reason, one of the trailers does not work. Perhaps that was the one that was giving a previous poster trouble. The door is on the outside, but it almost looks like a move_objects maneuver that didn't quite turn out right ... you don't see the door from the inside, and Sims can't enter or exit. I tried to teleport my Sim in there to visit. Bad idea. The poor apt dweller is stuck in there unless you select him or her and teleport the Sim in and out. If you play another trailer afterward, BOTH trailers will be lit, and you can see the occupants in both trailers. It's the trailer to the lower left as you're looking at the lot. I believe it's the cheapest one.

I'm going to try to enter the cheats and fudge around with the door now.

EDIT ... I can't get the cheats to work. I've tried every configuration I could think of, and checked my spelling carefully. The game is probably wondering what on earth I'm doing at this point. I tried entering both when I entered the lot, Enable Cheats on before I entered and the apt-specific cheat when I entered the lot, both before I entered, etc. Not sure what I'm doing wrong here.

Here is a quick snap of the trailer in question, looking from the back to the front. It's not a great picture, but perhaps you will notice that there is no front door from the inside. I'm sure it's fixable, but I'm having a time trying to figure out why I'm screwing up!

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
Original Poster
#15 Old 26th Jan 2014 at 3:42 PM
This apartment is the one?

All the rest work fine? You have installed the doors and the invisible fence? I had it working fine in my game you see. If you can DEMOLISH the door with the sledgehammer and then try replacing it with the apartment door you can swap it back to the red door using the bottle.

Mad Poster
#16 Old 26th Jan 2014 at 6:50 PM Last edited by gazania : 27th Jan 2014 at 3:17 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by leefish
This apartment is the one?

All the rest work fine? You have installed the doors and the invisible fence? I had it working fine in my game you see. If you can DEMOLISH the door with the sledgehammer and then try replacing it with the apartment door you can swap it back to the red door using the bottle.

Yes, it is just that one trailer. All the other trailers work fine.

EDIT again after a great deal of testing ....

I thought you were supposed to make changes on unoccupied lots, but apparently, you need to move ONE Sim on the lot to do anything. (It doesn't have to claim a door ... just be on the lot) Only then can I manage to get the cheats to work. (One can't get Live mode otherwise.)

This is REALLY odd ... if you reverse the door so that the mat faces inward, everything works great! But somehow, I don't think one is supposed to do that.

EDIT again ... OK, I had to do this on an occupied lot ... boy, those Sims fill 'em fast ... but I found if I simply selected the door, reversed it, and put it back with the mat out, it SEEMS to work. Hope I didn't bork anything, but it wouldn't be the first time.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 12th May 2014 at 5:22 PM
I love this, thank you! Since I love the Maxis playables but hate the neighborhoods/lots, I'm on a mission to completely renovate Pleasantview (with attached Bluewater, Sim State, Downtown, + Vacations). I suck at building houses so 90% are downloaded lots. I've placed this trailer park in the poor area of town (across the bridge in Pleasantview, using the camera mods) and Brandi Broke and her kids are living in one (tight fit!) and Herb Oldie in another (his wife left him and moved in with the Pleasants). It fits perfectly in my neighborhood and my sims love it.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#18 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 1:12 AM
Good place for a single Sim or couple to start out. Thanks :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 31st Jan 2016 at 2:38 AM
thanks