Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

tlhIngan hubbeq ~ Klingon Defense Force Career

by puppetfish Posted 4th Dec 2008 at 12:21 AM - Updated 14th Mar 2009 at 5:24 AM by puppetfish

19 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 15 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Bowties are cool.
retired moderator
#2 Old 4th Dec 2008 at 12:45 AM
Amazing, thank you so much!!!
Unsocialized Homeschooler
#3 Old 4th Dec 2008 at 1:00 AM
Oh good god. A Klingon career?...

I'll download it... ;P lol
Forum Resident
#4 Old 4th Dec 2008 at 2:17 AM
majQa'! This is absolutely the most awesome career ever written. I've been testing it since it came out and it's absolutely flawless. tIho', tIho', tIho'. Thanks again for doing this, sister

J

I'm no longer active here. My latest creations can be found here:

https://blueheavensims.wordpress.com
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Dec 2008 at 3:26 AM
Oh! Thanks so much everyone! This one was so much fun to do, and it took forever to get approved here, so I am very glad that it's up!!

And Jason! I am so glad that it's working perfectly!! I was a little worried about the career reward, but it's good to know it's not causing problems! Your welcome, since this career was inspired by you!

Want to see all my Sims 2 creations, including my Star Trek items? Follow the link below to check out my Blog!

Puppetfish.Blogspot.com

Looking for Franny Sims Meshes? They can be found HERE!
Test Subject
#6 Old 4th Dec 2008 at 3:41 AM
awe..this is awesome Puppet..ty so much! Ty Jason for inspiring her :D
Test Subject
#7 Old 4th Dec 2008 at 6:43 AM
This is great! Good work as always, I can't wait to download!
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
#8 Old 5th Dec 2008 at 10:22 PM
My Klingons will be singing songs about this glorious feat for generations! Qapla'! You have earned your place in Sto-Vo-Kor!
Field Researcher
#9 Old 4th Mar 2009 at 12:41 AM
This is just very very cool. Looks like it is very well thought out.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 4th Mar 2009 at 3:51 AM
Thank you!!

Want to see all my Sims 2 creations, including my Star Trek items? Follow the link below to check out my Blog!

Puppetfish.Blogspot.com

Mad Poster
#11 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 7:48 AM
I finally got my new computer and I'm rebuilding my Star Trek neighborhood so now I can snag this great career. My Worf will no longer be an architect!! Yay, on to battle!!! Thanks!!
Test Subject
#12 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 8:23 AM
I love this career. Only problem I have is that I can't seem to get the uniforms to work...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 3:35 PM
Did you download the originals? You'll find the link for them in the overview. You have to put the mesh in or they won't work.

Puppetfish.Blogspot.com

Test Subject
#14 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 7:47 PM
yeah I forgot to add the mesh, all works good now
Test Subject
#15 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 3:24 PM
Gah...
It seems to overwrite my athletic career. :Sigh:
Any help?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 9:22 PM
Oh, that shouldn't be happening. I made sure it had it's own guid. Are you from a non-English country? If so, here is how you fix it!

With a special thank you to NixNivis, who figured this out and clued me in!!

And I quote from NixNivis

[This isn't a GUID problem - it's a language problem! There isn't anything wrong with the career per se, but if your game language is anything other than US English (including, but not limited to, UK English), your game will try to "translate" this career by grabbing the text and description from another one (Athletics, in my case). Which of course won't make any sense at all.

For this career to have its proper job titles/descriptions and chance cards, you'll have to add a "translation" for your own language (either by typing everything in yourself - phew! - or simply by importning the English text to your language, which is what I did). If you're SimPE literate, what you need to do is import everything under Text Lists from (US) English to your language - and that's even if your language is UK English. Feel free to PM me if you want more detailed instructions.]

I hope this helps!

Puppetfish.Blogspot.com

Test Subject
#17 Old 9th Mar 2013 at 10:30 PM
This looks very well made! The only problem I have with it is the Klingon language. You used Mr. Klingon's online "Universal Translator," didn't you? That thing couldn't translate to save a life. For example, "Death to all tribbles," would be Heghjaj Hoch yIHmey. With the exception of thlIngan Hubbeq and the rank names, all of your Klingon is actually gibberish and is little more than random syllables put together with no thought to grammar or meaning. This isn't your fault; it's the fault of the person who person who made the "translator." If you want, you can give me a list of all the words and phrases that you want translated and I will translate them into proper Klingon and you can put them into the file. If you really don't care about the language and just want something that looks Klingon-y for you mod, then write this off as a nitpick by someone passionate about Klingon linguistics. Again, great job on everything else, though. It looks awesome.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#18 Old 10th Mar 2013 at 3:13 AM
Thank you for your kinds words! I am glad you like it.

However, I did extensive research for all of the Klingon language, and most of the quotes and sayings are official Klingonese from the shows themselves. There were a few that I could not find, so I did use Mr. Klingon's translator for those.

While I appreciate your kind offer, I will have to say a firm no to having you "fix" my Klingon. LOL Unless you can prove to me that you have an official Klingon language degree and/or are one of the cast or writing members of Star Trek itself, I cannot verify the truth of your claim to know the "proper Klingon usage" and therefore cannot trust that your "fixing" would be any better or more proper than what I've already included.

It's not that I don't care about the language, it's the fact that unless you've created a career yourself, you have no idea how much work goes into creating one. To do a major overhaul like you're suggesting would require time that I do not have at this point in my life.

But thank you for your observations! I will keep them in mind the next time I create a Klingon career that includes language!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 6th Mar 2016 at 12:58 AM
Thanks You
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#20 Old 4th Dec 2021 at 12:29 AM
Thank you.