Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Force 12 Hour Clock

by beef682 Posted 22nd Dec 2008 at 9:05 PM - Updated 19th May 2009 at 12:57 AM by beef682 : Updated mod

26 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 21 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 23rd Dec 2008 at 12:14 AM Last edited by Phaenoh : 23rd Dec 2008 at 12:35 AM. Reason: no advertising
thank you so much I was about to do a sreach to see about fixing it so you must of been reading my mind thank you once again and please have a Merry Christmas and a happy new year....

Visit Us at My Totally Sims
Grand Opening is 03/01/12
[url/]http://totally-sims.spruz.com[/url]
Field Researcher
#3 Old 23rd Dec 2008 at 12:31 AM
I clicked to see how you did it, in the hope of doing the reverse. In my part of the world, 24-hour clock is more common, but I don't want to switch from US. Sad there isn't a setting for the clock without affecting the rest of the game.
Test Subject
#4 Old 23rd Dec 2008 at 8:49 AM
i don't know why you created this mod. the game itself has the option to force 12 hour clock. and messing up with registry may not be a wise idea, (especially with a newbie) which can cause serious damage to the system
Instructor
#5 Old 23rd Dec 2008 at 9:06 AM
Meh. I do use the force 12 hour clock, but every time I go back into a house, the damn 24 hour clock is back. Frankly, I'm sick of having to change it back *all the time*.

Thank you vey much for this mod!

I'm happy that I won't have to change the settings in the game umpteen times anymore because the settings for force 12 hour clock on never stick!

Check out my sexy male sim creations! http://www.insimenator.net/forumdisplay.php?f=170
Field Researcher
#6 Old 23rd Dec 2008 at 2:26 PM
I was so excited to install M&G that I forgot about the clock issue I had with AL and that I might have to wait too long for an updated version of Pilot's mod.

I'm so happy you did this! Thanks. :D
Field Researcher
#7 Old 11th Jan 2009 at 1:13 AM
Following your installation instructions, I placed the file in my Downloads folder; however, it did not take effect. Thinking that perhaps I'd not followed the instructions, I revisited this thread, then out of curiosity, I double-clicked on the file and received a warning asking if I was sure I wanted to update the registry with the file. I responded "Yes"... I'm about to reload the game and pray I haven't screwed up.

P.S. I, too, am very glad to see this mod because, as reported above, the game's Force 12-hour clock feature does not retain the value.

~*~*~*~ Proud supporter of MTS2 ~*~*~*~
Test Subject
#8 Old 18th Jan 2009 at 6:36 PM
Yay!, that 24 hr clock was driving me nuts, and this is much easier for my autistic son to work with as well. Thank you!!!
Test Subject
#9 Old 24th Jan 2009 at 3:23 AM
Hello, I am a new user and I registered here because I found this mod, and it's not working for me.

I'm a longtime sims 2 player. I have every single expansion. I was aware of this registry trick for many moons, and had been doing it manually in the past and it worked. Recently I finally got the newest Mansion & Gardens to complete my collection, installed it, patched it, and went to play.

It was during play I noticed and remembered about the clock. I quit the game and went to edit the registry but couldn't remember for 100% which keys to change, and I searched around and found this mod.

Again, I have all the EP and SP for Sims2, and I have now downloaded this mod, and ran it several times, and manually went through every single registry key and they all appear to be what they should be. Yet whenever I run the game, it always defaults to "Off" on the force 12 hour clock.

Is this still function with the latest patch for M&G? Any advice on what else I could be doing wrong? Don't want to reinstall.
Test Subject
#10 Old 24th Jan 2009 at 7:09 AM
I found a solution that works for me. Searching more around the net I found that having a file called "userStartup.cheat" in your My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Config folder, with the contents "boolProp force12HrTime true" in that file also forces it on. And it works now for me. Sorry to have bothered, I probably just missed something rather than a problem with this mod.
Inventor
#11 Old 4th Apr 2009 at 7:11 PM
Don't know about this cheat Whiplash I have used the userstartup.cheat ever since the first time I installed an EP that made it into that darn 24hr clock. To me it seems too dangerous to change the registry just to avoid having to change the clock. I know a few people including some family members that had to reformat after changing their registry. It's a nice idea but ultimately sounds way to risky for the computer.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 19th May 2009 at 12:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tom420
I clicked to see how you did it, in the hope of doing the reverse. In my part of the world, 24-hour clock is more common, but I don't want to switch from US. Sad there isn't a setting for the clock without affecting the rest of the game.

in the zip just run 24 hour clock to make the clock 24 hour.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 19th May 2009 at 1:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ScorpioMaurus
Don't know about this cheat Whiplash I have used the userstartup.cheat ever since the first time I installed an EP that made it into that darn 24hr clock. To me it seems too dangerous to change the registry just to avoid having to change the clock. I know a few people including some family members that had to reformat after changing their registry. It's a nice idea but ultimately sounds way to risky for the computer.

open the reg file in notepad and see, it only modifies the sims2 settings, its safe to your computer, the only thing that might go wrong is it might make the sims 2 unplayable and will need a reinstall of the game but thats really really fare fetched and will remotely happen.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 19th May 2009 at 1:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Whiplashr
I found a solution that works for me. Searching more around the net I found that having a file called "userStartup.cheat" in your My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Config folder, with the contents "boolProp force12HrTime true" in that file also forces it on. And it works now for me. Sorry to have bothered, I probably just missed something rather than a problem with this mod.
that would also be fine to use too.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 19th May 2009 at 1:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Whiplashr
Hello, I am a new user and I registered here because I found this mod, and it's not working for me.

I'm a longtime sims 2 player. I have every single expansion. I was aware of this registry trick for many moons, and had been doing it manually in the past and it worked. Recently I finally got the newest Mansion & Gardens to complete my collection, installed it, patched it, and went to play.

It was during play I noticed and remembered about the clock. I quit the game and went to edit the registry but couldn't remember for 100% which keys to change, and I searched around and found this mod.

Again, I have all the EP and SP for Sims2, and I have now downloaded this mod, and ran it several times, and manually went through every single registry key and they all appear to be what they should be. Yet whenever I run the game, it always defaults to "Off" on the force 12 hour clock.

Is this still function with the latest patch for M&G? Any advice on what else I could be doing wrong? Don't want to reinstall.

it was just recently that I found that I didn't have Apartment Life and Mansion & Garden Stuff in the reg file when I too got and installed the last two games packs, I now have added both games and made sure all other games and settings are correct and re uploaded the file, just re download and apply the reg file and all will be well. sorry for any grief :D
Test Subject
#16 Old 10th Aug 2009 at 11:33 PM
I wanted to add a comment on the language. That damned 24 hour clock drives me nuts, yes, but so do all the descriptions of custom objects created by American creators who didn't change the info from the object they cloned it from- Holy Simoly for example. I know that before my game somehow got into a European English setting they were fine. I'm hoping this mod fixes that too. Thank you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 18th Oct 2010 at 1:39 AM
Where Do I find the registry file? I Have all EP's
Test Subject
#18 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 10:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fio83ms
i don't know why you created this mod. the game itself has the option to force 12 hour clock. and messing up with registry may not be a wise idea, (especially with a newbie) which can cause serious damage to the system

He/she made it so we don't have to manualy change it every. damn. time. ._.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#19 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 11:16 PM
Thanks for this!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 17th Dec 2011 at 11:12 PM Last edited by Krysee : 17th Dec 2011 at 11:15 PM. Reason: minor edit
HALLE-FRICKEN-LUJIAH, I'm so sick of changing it to real time. Yes, I said REAL time, because the only reality that matters is mine. *sticks her tongue out at Europe*

This won't work properly in some 64-bit installs of Win7 and/or Vista, and that's because the registry entry got moved. Now there's \Wow6432Node\ between SOFTWARE and EA GAMES, so it'd look like this:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\EA GAMES]

I **was** going to post instructions on how to fix the file and check the registry but then I remembered that there are idiots in the world. If you can't figure out what to do based on what I've already said ... you should probably not do anything at all.
Test Subject
#21 Old 31st May 2012 at 5:27 PM
I downloaded this and it's not working...I am running 64 bit Windows 7, so if that's an issue, can some1 direct me with a workaround? It's really irritating having to go in and change the clock each time....

OH SNAP!
Test Subject
#22 Old 31st May 2012 at 5:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Krysee
HALLE-FRICKEN-LUJIAH, I'm so sick of changing it to real time. Yes, I said REAL time, because the only reality that matters is mine. *sticks her tongue out at Europe*

This won't work properly in some 64-bit installs of Win7 and/or Vista, and that's because the registry entry got moved. Now there's \Wow6432Node\ between SOFTWARE and EA GAMES, so it'd look like this:

I **was** going to post instructions on how to fix the file and check the registry but then I remembered that there are idiots in the world. If you can't figure out what to do based on what I've already said ... you should probably not do anything at all.
Not to sound mean, but this was totally unneccesary. If you don't want to help people, then just say nothing at all. The workaround isn't that hard if you just explicitly say what people should do, instead of calling people idiots....

OH SNAP!
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 1st Jun 2012 at 1:31 AM
Wow Krysee, that was kind of mean. Also, I don't believe you. I think you just want to make people feel bad... After all, if you really were going to go through all the trouble of writing instructions on how one can manually edit the registry to accomplish what this mod does, why then didn't you take less trouble and simply make versions of these two files that work on 64-bit Vista/7 systems. Then you could upload them here and have all the kudos and respect that comes along with doing such a thing and other people would love and appreciate you for it instead of thinking you're a complete jerk, which, based on yur post, I can tell you are. By the way, reality exists independently of you (and us all) Krysee but we do not exist independently of it. Therefor there is no such thing as "your reality" - It is in fact reality that has you (and I'd bet it doesn't like having you) not the other way around.

Anyway, Thank you Beef682. I appreciate this mod as I have been having the same trouble with the game. Unfortunately it does not work for me because I am running Win7-64 but is still valuable to me because it shows me where to start looking in the registry (in fact, It never would have even occurred to me that the time format in the game was dictated by the windows registry if I hadn't found yur mod). The startup cheats entry doesn't work for me so I suppose I'll eventually go through my registry and change all the values manually, but not tonight - I just wanna play the game with few hours of free time I have until the weekend. If I get it to work I think I'll just go ahead and make some *.REG files for Vista/7-64 because I just remembered that there are "people who simply aren't so technically inclined" in the world and simply not being tech-savvy does not qualify one as an idiot. I want them to be able to enjoy the game without such inconvenience as I've been experiencing with this issue.

"Stirred sheep and whirreled peas don't mix. In order to mix these two things you would have to puree the sheep." -JoJo
Test Subject
#24 Old 31st Jul 2012 at 3:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Krysee

Wow... typical big fat lazy American
(no offence to Americans its just she's that 'stereotype' who eats Mcdonalds 24/7 and can't be bothered to get off her lazy ar$e or move her hand just a bit to click a few buttons).

Great mod BTW!
Test Subject
#25 Old 18th Aug 2012 at 3:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ahmird2
Wow Krysee, that was kind of mean. Also, I don't believe you. I think you just want to make people feel bad... After all, if you really were going to go through all the trouble of writing instructions on how one can manually edit the registry to accomplish what this mod does, why then didn't you take less trouble and simply make versions of these two files that work on 64-bit Vista/7 systems. Then you could upload them here and have all the kudos and respect that comes along with doing such a thing and other people would love and appreciate you for it instead of thinking you're a complete jerk, which, based on yur post, I can tell you are. By the way, reality exists independently of you (and us all) Krysee but we do not exist independently of it. Therefor there is no such thing as "your reality" - It is in fact reality that has you (and I'd bet it doesn't like having you) not the other way around.

Anyway, Thank you Beef682. I appreciate this mod as I have been having the same trouble with the game. Unfortunately it does not work for me because I am running Win7-64 but is still valuable to me because it shows me where to start looking in the registry (in fact, It never would have even occurred to me that the time format in the game was dictated by the windows registry if I hadn't found yur mod). The startup cheats entry doesn't work for me so I suppose I'll eventually go through my registry and change all the values manually, but not tonight - I just wanna play the game with few hours of free time I have until the weekend. If I get it to work I think I'll just go ahead and make some *.REG files for Vista/7-64 because I just remembered that there are "people who simply aren't so technically inclined" in the world and simply not being tech-savvy does not qualify one as an idiot. I want them to be able to enjoy the game without such inconvenience as I've been experiencing with this issue.

I renamed the Reg Keys myself. It wasn't hard but I haven't tested it yet. I changed the 12hr and the 24hr.reg files. Krysee was correct but to bad she/he acted like a jerk.

Here you go: I'll have to test it myself tomorrow but if anyone tries this before I do so, then I'd appreciate the feedback
Attached files:
File Type: zip  MTS_beef682_849980_12HourClock_Win7_x64bit.zip (1.6 KB, 361 downloads)
Description: Updated Beef682's file for 64bit systems.
Page 1 of 2