Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Backdoor Lane 60, 61 and 62 -- Three Corner Houses

by plasticbox Posted 8th Jan 2009 at 9:59 PM - Updated 13th Mar 2009 at 10:57 PM by plasticbox

32 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 30 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#2 Old 8th Jan 2009 at 3:02 AM Last edited by plasticbox : 13th Mar 2009 at 10:58 PM.
Default Backdoor Lane 60
Backdoor Lane 60

Five apartments for 1–2 sims each, with parking for three cars next to the house.

All of the apartments have one bedroom, one bathroom, and kitchen/dining/living room(s). All basics included, with some extras on top. The floorplans are similar on the first two floors; the top floor is one large apartment. Apartment 03 and 04 (middle floor) could be made into one with only very few amendments.

Apartment 01 / Apartment 02 (ground floor)

01 (left) is the smallest one, with just a double bedroom, bathroom, and eat-in kitchen.
02 (right) as a private balcony off the kitchen, with a grill and a chessboard.

Apartment 03 / Apartment 04 (middle)

03 (left) is similar to #01, but with a separate kitchen. Comes with a piano.
04 (right) is suitable for a single sim only (unless you refurnish it along the lines of #01); the study area between bedroom and bathroom could be repurposed for a nursery though. Comes with computer and TV.

Apartment 05 (top floor)

This one is more spacious and modern than the others: it has an open kitchen/dining/living room with sun terrace, a large double bedroom with storage/walk-in closet, and a showerbath; comes with a TV, an exercise machine, and some empty space to fill with additional stuff.

The house has a basement with two empty rooms, one of which could be enlarged a little more (could be used for communal facilities); a lift goes from the ground floor to the second floor (top floor dwellers will have to walk the rest).

Lot Size: 2x2
Lot Price: 140.101§

--
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  BackdoorLane_60.zip (1.03 MB, 336 downloads)

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Jan 2009 at 3:02 AM Last edited by plasticbox : 13th Mar 2009 at 10:59 PM.
Default Backdoor Lane 61
Backdoor Lane 61

Two small apartments for a single sim only, the other three will sleep up to three sims. Again, the apartments on the middle floor could be connected into one large one; the one on the top floor could theoretically be split into two (it already has two bathrooms and bedrooms, one on each side).

01 (right) is a minimal studio apartment for a single sim only: one bathroom, and one room for everything else.
02 (left) has a double bedroom, combined kitchen/dining/living room, bathroom, and one small spare room that could serve as a single bedroom. With fireplace.

03 (right) has a single bedroom, kitchen/dining, and a bathroom.
04 (left) is the second largest apartment: double bedroom, living room with fireplace, kitchen with dining, and a small spare room.

Apartment 05 (top floor)

Two bedrooms, two full bathrooms (one of them private), open kitchen/dining and a separate living room.

The house has a balcony with a telescope that can be used by all tenants, a basement with compartments where each tenant can store their stuff, and some communal rooms in the basement (empty). The basement and hallway have access to the back yard (which is tiny and only used for trash at the moment, but nothing's stopping your sims from setting up a little garden); parking for two cars is in front of the building.

Lot Price: 157.166§

The roof recolour shown in the screenshots is by Neveah223; it is not included with the lot but I'm attaching it as a separate zip since it's not available elsewhere.

--
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  BackdoorLane_61.zip (1.22 MB, 320 downloads)
File Type: zip  MysteriousSlateWithWhiteTrim.package.zip (275.5 KB, 250 downloads)

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 8th Jan 2009 at 3:02 AM Last edited by plasticbox : 13th Mar 2009 at 11:02 PM.
Default Backdoor Lane 62
Backdoor Lane 62

Four apartments with two bedrooms each (a single and a double), and a larger one on the top floor. The middle floor could be made into one spacious four-bedroom apartment. Two of the apartments are sparsely furnished on purpose (so that your less wealthy sims can also live somewhere nice).

01 (back) is sparsely furnished for three sims, with dining/living room and a separate kitchen.
02 (front) has an open kitchen/dining/living room with fireplace, a double bedroom, a small spare (bed)room, and two bathrooms.

03 (back) has an open kitchen/dining/living room, a double bedroom, and a small spare (bed)room – functionally like #02, but more expensively furnished.
04 (front) has two bedrooms (the small one is empty), two bathrooms, a living room with fireplace, and an eat-in kitchen. This is also sparsely furnished, so it should be quite affordable.

Apartment 05 (top floor)

Provides room for at least four sims – more if you put additional beds in the single bedrooms. Two living rooms and a combined kitchen/dining room; comes with a generous handful of hobby items and space for more.

The house has a basement with compartments for each tenant and some communal rooms, and a small backyard with parking for one car. A balcony on the middle floor can be used by all tenants.

Lot Price: 159.494§

The roof recolour shown in the screenshots is by Neveah223; it is not included with the lot but I'm attaching it as a separate zip since it's not available elsewhere.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  BackdoorLane_62.zip (1.20 MB, 354 downloads)
File Type: zip  OxidizedClayTileWithWhiteTrim.package.zip (231.2 KB, 265 downloads)

Field Researcher
#5 Old 8th Jan 2009 at 10:34 PM
I just had to comment to say these are the most friggin' amazing things you have ever done and you have done some seriously friggin' amazing lots.

Good Jeebus.
Test Subject
#6 Old 8th Jan 2009 at 10:43 PM
Goodness, you do spoil us! Thank you :-)
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 8th Jan 2009 at 10:44 PM
These are fantastic! I'm such a huge fan of all of your lots. I hardly comment, if ever (you make so many of them!), but I download every one of them that's compatible with my EPs. What amazes me the most is that no matter how many lots you build, they all so varied and unique! Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful talent and creations with us.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 8th Jan 2009 at 10:58 PM
omg plasticbox you are amazing!!!! i have to say your backdoor lane set definatly makes me feel like my set isnt ready for upload haha
im not gng yo DL these only bcoz i dont like mutli house lots and dont have AL but as soon as i get it.. ill be back :D

the amount of pills I'm taking, counteracts the booze I'm drinking
Instructor
#9 Old 9th Jan 2009 at 12:17 AM
Lovely as always!
Scholar
#10 Old 9th Jan 2009 at 12:21 AM
I just love your creativity. Your lots are so realistic in a sim-way, and they're always playable and not too big, yet contains everything I'd ever want. I have a new appreciation for maxis stuff, because you manage to make the rooms pretty and stylish with no cc! Lovely apartments - from the look of it they will be very easy to convert into AL-apartments. Thanks!

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Mad Poster
#11 Old 9th Jan 2009 at 12:52 AM
ohhhhhhh..........*drools*
Test Subject
#12 Old 9th Jan 2009 at 1:03 AM
I want to add my congratulations and thanks for all of your fabulous lots. The apartment lots that you design are very easily transformed into AL lots. Thank you so much for all of your hard work.
Site Helper
#13 Old 9th Jan 2009 at 1:28 AM
Very nice apartments. I'm looking forward to trying these in my game.

Just in case anyone doesn't know: There's a small problem moving sims into (Apartment Life) apartments which have basements. Here's a simple tutorial which should help you to get these working correctly:

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=302405
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#14 Old 9th Jan 2009 at 1:55 AM
Thanks for the pointer, Mootilda!

Do I unterstand this correctly, actually: the issue is apartment buildings with basements (going somehow out of sync internally), yes? I.e. it doesn't matter whether the basement is part of an apartment, or a communal area?

Forum Resident
#15 Old 9th Jan 2009 at 1:57 AM
Marvelous!

Thank you.
Site Helper
#16 Old 9th Jan 2009 at 3:58 AM Last edited by Mootilda : 9th Jan 2009 at 4:07 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Do I understand this correctly, actually: the issue is apartment buildings with basements (going somehow out of sync internally), yes? I.e. it doesn't matter whether the basement is part of an apartment, or a communal area?
Yes, you understand correctly. It doesn't matter whether the basement is part of an apartment, or a communal area.

ANY uneven terrain (including basements and beach lots) ANYWHERE on the lot will cause a disconnect between the apartment building and the neighborhood terrain EACH TIME that you move a family into the apartment building. EA warns that this disconnect can destroy your neighborhood, although I haven't tested the actual amount of destruction.

The fix is incredibly simple (change the elevation of each sublot to match the elevation of the apartment base), so I cannot believe that EA hasn't fixed this. Luckily, the fix is simple to do yourself if you have SimPE. I'm not sure how to solve this problem for MAC users though...
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#17 Old 9th Jan 2009 at 4:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
I'm not sure how to solve this problem for MAC users though...

We don't have the problem .. we don't have AL =)

(Newest OSX EP is Bon Voyage; I don't know of any plans to even port FreeTime.)

Lab Assistant
#18 Old 9th Jan 2009 at 4:50 AM
i converted the lots to AL. all work fine
Site Helper
#19 Old 9th Jan 2009 at 5:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
We don't have the problem .. we don't have AL =)
Ah, of course. How silly of me to think that Mac users had a problem.

And you always thought that EA was being mean by withholding EPs from the Mac. No, they're actually being extremely nice by shielding you from all of those extra bugs!

Quote: Originally posted by bigyipsi
i converted the lots to AL. all work fine
Converting the lots to apartments shouldn't cause any problem. It's only when you move sims onto the lot that the error occurs.
Theorist
#20 Old 9th Jan 2009 at 5:33 AM
OK. These are very nice. I like the white one with the green roof. it reminds me of the old peoples home in The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. Well I think the outside does at least. Great work!
Field Researcher
#21 Old 9th Jan 2009 at 5:52 AM
I've been wanting some urbany multi buildings for dorms in my one neighborhood, but I've been a bit too lazy to build them myself, so I'm going to grab these! XD
Test Subject
#22 Old 9th Jan 2009 at 3:03 PM
I really, really love the brickdoor lane lots. I've got tons in my game. Keep up the great work!
Wiki Wizard
#23 Old 9th Jan 2009 at 5:27 PM
:o These are awesome! Thank you SO much!

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Test Subject
#24 Old 9th Jan 2009 at 9:34 PM
Very well done
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 10th Jan 2009 at 1:13 AM
These are indeed very nice. Mootilda & PlasticBox, for some time I've had the suspicion that all the problems with apartment lots stem from the fact that apartment lots are multiple lots (with different lot numbers, one per apt unit) joined to appear as one on the neighborhood. EA/Maxis just didn't code this properly and along with all the other things that need fixing with AL we'll most likely never see a fix.
Page 1 of 2