Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
Original Poster
#26 Old 25th Jan 2009 at 6:07 PM
Place... I think is near Seattle...

Check out my tutorials: For TS4: Eyelashes and for TS2: Eyes and Eyes 2
-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 1:08 PM
Yup, It's right outside of the Olympic National Forest. (I checked on Google maps)

I really like Anne Rice a lot, the characters are rather complicated and the stories aren't severely gory. I like the perspective on vampires more of a psychological game than monsters (even thought they are important sometimes). The thing I think that fascinates me the most is essentially one lifetime having the possibility of lasting for eternity. There is also the undeniable sensual and elegant qualities to vampires that really isn't found in society anymore. Maybe it just depends on the vampires you like, I lean very heavily towards the Victorian influenced ones.
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
Original Poster
#28 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 7:20 PM
I've got one Anne Rice's book: "Interview with the vampire", I'm going to read it on Summer... Is it good??

-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
Original Poster
#29 Old 27th Jan 2009 at 4:25 PM Last edited by aninyosaloh : 27th Jan 2009 at 4:32 PM.
Here I have my Goth Twins (I love your dresses Amy...)
Screenshots

-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Field Researcher
#30 Old 27th Jan 2009 at 6:28 PM
I really loved Interview, but you have to have The Vampire Lestat to follow it! :D
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
Original Poster
#31 Old 27th Jan 2009 at 8:16 PM
Thanks!!

-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 28th Jan 2009 at 12:05 AM
lol. Thankyou. I cannot tell you how weird that is seeing it in a game other than mine. :P
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
Original Poster
#33 Old 28th Jan 2009 at 8:07 PM
Really?? I've never seen my creations in other people's game...

-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 29th Jan 2009 at 2:53 AM
It'll happen soon enough.
Field Researcher
#35 Old 29th Jan 2009 at 3:54 AM
I wanted to let everyone know that I have uploaded another goth outfit. This one was an IMVU redo as well.

http://www.modthesims2.com/download.php?t=316564
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
Original Poster
#36 Old 30th Jan 2009 at 10:53 AM
Now... my life is empty... I can't upload anything!!
I have an upload restriction, and in creators feedback they have said me that I have to post there several times before the restriction is got off...
What will be of the World without my creations?!?!?!?

<=== And now my vampire isn't happy... (she looks like she was happy, but she is NOT)

-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Field Researcher
#37 Old 30th Jan 2009 at 5:25 PM
that's a bummer, what happened?
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
Original Poster
#38 Old 30th Jan 2009 at 5:42 PM
I have 8 posts approbed and 15 rejected...
But... I don't know why the last ones were rejected...

-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Field Researcher
#39 Old 31st Jan 2009 at 3:13 AM
wow I didn't know you can get in trouble from getting rejected too much.
Field Researcher
#40 Old 31st Jan 2009 at 3:14 AM
They usually send you a pm telling you why it wasn't approved
Field Researcher
#41 Old 31st Jan 2009 at 3:15 AM
Well I hope you have bettr luck next time u try and upload.
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 31st Jan 2009 at 6:13 AM
Wow. Oh hun. What keeps getting rejected? Maybe I can help you understand why.
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
Original Poster
#43 Old 31st Jan 2009 at 12:10 PM
The last ones that were rejected were these:
Screenshots

-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
Original Poster
#44 Old 31st Jan 2009 at 12:17 PM
The first three were rejected because they "need a bit more work", and the fourth one, is a sims, and they said me that she's not unique and "General - Does not meet Creator Guideline requirements", but I've read it and I don't think so...

-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
Original Poster
#45 Old 31st Jan 2009 at 7:37 PM Last edited by aninyosaloh : 31st Jan 2009 at 7:44 PM.
Hey!!! Serena, I love your pot "winged wishes" lol, it's awesome!!!! What is its function???
You haven't said me where are you from...

-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
Original Poster
#46 Old 31st Jan 2009 at 7:52 PM
Does anyone know when changes this that is under the name (I mean "test subject", "lab asistant"...)??

-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Field Researcher
#47 Old 1st Feb 2009 at 12:56 AM
I'm from Minnesota, the pot is just kinda an art thing, kinda a place to put wishes I guess. I'm probably re-doing my webpage soon.
Field Researcher
#48 Old 1st Feb 2009 at 12:57 AM
I think you get to change your title whan you get featured or win a contest. I'm not completly sure on this one.
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 1st Feb 2009 at 6:58 AM Last edited by star_gusser : 1st Feb 2009 at 7:06 AM.
The title under you name is based on many things, how long you've been a member, picked items, featured items, whether you donate to the site or not. You don't get to change it unless you have a special privilege - such as being a moderator.

With your rejected items (get prepared for detailed constructive criticism): First, MTS2 has a hell of a lot of eyes. And now they only upload ones which are incredibly well made or very unique (see here, here, here and here for examples.) . Your most likely problem there is that there are already a lot of 'cat' eyes made by people. Hence the site does not need more of them and weeds out as many as they can. If you want them to be uploaded I would try adding shadows and black around the edges to create more depth, also I'd make some more recolors and center the iris because it looks like it's placed a little bit to the left. I'm thinking of writing an eye painting by hand tutorial for photoshop sometime soon...

Now, with the lipstick, the main reason for rejection I see there is that the colors have too much contrast (or light to dark ratio), you can see that in the left corner of the lips - there is a shadow that doesn't appear on the right side. But that can be easily fixed in photoshop. Also with the lips, while we want the colors to be dark and bold because it's gothic, they are a bit too 'blocky'. Meaning that the alpha (or the black and white file in bodyshop after you export it and open it in adobe photoshop) is wrong. What the vast majority of custom lipstick has now is a a slightly transparent alpha around the outer edges of the lips so that it can blend with any skin tone. Take a look at Bruno's set here, see how the lipstick doesn't cover the whole lips and fades towards the edges? That's because of the transparent alpha. And take a look at this because the picture shows how it blends with every skintone. And don't forget that lips have natural lines and creases so you can paint them in for added affect. You can see some good use of that here and here. Finally, lips are more likely to be uploaded if it is something original that no one has seen before. Just look here and at our very own zj's work here. So just play around with your lipstick set a bit and keep those points in mind - color, contrast, alpha and originality and it will be uploaded in no time.

Personally, I think the hair is fine and that you did a great job on it, I want it. But MTS2 is much pickier than me so I'll tell you what you can change to get it uploaded. The only issue is that you have made the stripes go in completely vertical lines, and while that would look awesome, it's not physically possible. See how the hair has waves in it? You should make the stripes follow those waves, just look at dyed hair in real life. Or you can take a look here or here . In fact, look at all of nymphy's hairs. She does an excellent job on recolors. And if you have nothing else to do you can always add more texture to the hair or re-texture it to make it your own design.

And finally, with your sim; what MTS2 means when they say it looks general is that it looks like a maxis template face. MTS2 is pretty damn exclusive about what sims they accept, especially adult female sims, if really any part of your sims face looks like maxis made it they won't upload it. If you want her uploaded she will need a face lift. I would have read of this. Here's a quote by HP regarding sim uploading
Quote:
Raised Standards for "Sims - Other": Our New Standards: In light of the fact that the "Sims - Other" category has more sims than any other category of sims on this site, and the fact that anyone is capable of making a pretty sim, we have no choice but to hold uploaders to extremely high standards for this category. About Pretty Sims: With over 2000 "Other" sims already uploaded to MTS2, we already have every possible combination of sliders for pretty model sims. We do not need any more basic pretty model sims unless they are extremely unique. We would rather have sims that look more like real people, less than perfect and gorgeous, than yet another pretty sim! Unique Faces: Your sim must not only represent a genuine effort to create a unique and different face sculpt, but must be truly interesting and compelling... something that is unlike sims that have been seen before, and gives downloaders a reason to choose yours over the 2000+ random sims we already have. Getting Accepted: Do not be surprised if your sim uploaded here gets rejected for a bland face sculpt! Effective immediately, it will be rare for sims submitted to this section to be accepted! You are HIGHLY encouraged to use our Creator Feedback Forum to improve your sim before uploading, as that will help you create a more unique face sculpt. However, using Creator Feedback is no guarantee that your sim will be accepted. Please don't be offended or insulted if your sim gets rejected - you are not alone! Even moderators get rejected sometimes! Go back to Body Shop and play with their face some more. Post in Creator Feedback with pictures. Improve your sims and work on creating something truly unique.
So yeah, don't expect your sims to be accepted unless they are UNIQUE as all hell. For examples, see here and all of zj's models, in particular, this one.

Ok, sorry. I know that rant was incredibly long and harsh and way too detailed, but I hope it helps you understand lots of things about MTS2 upload requirements and takes away all that confusion. And hey, you're still new. Your work can only get better from here and I expect some great creations from you in the future.

x a m y x
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
Original Poster
#50 Old 1st Feb 2009 at 11:52 AM
Thank you so much!!!! I appreciate a lot what you have done for me and the time you've spend with this... I'm so happy having you in my group...

-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:

Page 2 of 16