Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jan 2009 at 5:52 PM
Default Share with us your current project!
What are you currently building?! Show us pictures, we lovez teh piktures! :D
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 20th Jan 2009 at 1:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GoldenSimmer
What are you currently building?! Show us pictures, we lovez teh piktures! :D

A college...Full thing based on a place I went as a kid

Stoneyhurst college : google it :D

Please note: This account is stolen from my son! I R RubberMan! NOT RubberBoy! Thank you :)

Women will never be as successful as men because they have no wives to advise them.
-- Dick Van Dyke
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 2:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RubberBoy
A college...Full thing based on a place I went as a kid

Stoneyhurst college : google it :D

Ahah, that is very challenging architecture. I wish you the best of luck wit that. Teehe.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 6:44 AM
I love many types of building styles (as evidenced by my japanese/medieval/victorian/rural/urban uploads). Right now, I'm enjoying Mansions and Gardens and enhancing my Victorian era neighborhood with a few more styles from all around europe and america at the time.

Musiquefille's Modest Mods - well, lots really.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 11:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GoldenSimmer
Ahah, that is very challenging architecture. I wish you the best of luck wit that. Teehe.

Well Ive put it on the back burner due to a problem that no one seems to be able to answer lol

I mean Ive made the bloody domes, the columns and some other stuff (like signage etc) but I actually have a game problem that has made me stuck?!

When I change it to a dorm lot I can move a student in it but when you get to the lot again it wont let you play them rofl

Oh well Ill carry it on some time when I figure out why its doing that

(major sucks has I have made the main dorm, the church, the rectory)

Please note: This account is stolen from my son! I R RubberMan! NOT RubberBoy! Thank you :)

Women will never be as successful as men because they have no wives to advise them.
-- Dick Van Dyke
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#6 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 7:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RubberBoy

When I change it to a dorm lot I can move a student in it but when you get to the lot again it wont let you play them rofl

You change it to a dorm in neighborhood view? Yes?

then you move a student in, yes?

Then when you leave the lot and go back to it you can't do anything with the people on the lot? Yes?

if all the above is true.

1: Install patch for all the EP's you have - test..

2: If that still fails. Save your sims 2 folder and uninstall and reinstall your game. It's a bug in your game.
Captain Louie
retired moderator
#7 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 10:21 PM Last edited by whiterider : 22nd Jan 2009 at 3:25 PM. Reason: Removed response to deleted post
V These are some things i am working on...

Now streaming on at Twitch.tv/SeveralNerds or UglyHoesConnect.com - whichever is easier for you to type in your browser.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 22nd Jan 2009 at 2:40 AM
I think I want to continue with my Tucson theme. Its kinda fun and different for me. Also I want to recreate another TV house. It's just that doing known houses is so painstakingly detailed. You can't just use your imagination. Last year I wanted to do the Brady house and I had so many photos. It would have been easy. But I did a search and it was already done a few times. How many Brady houses can you have.

Rose Hill

I love this one the most
Dedication, Determination, Deliberation
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 22nd Jan 2009 at 9:27 AM Last edited by whiterider : 22nd Jan 2009 at 3:26 PM. Reason: Removed inappropriate content
Nice stuff. Bloody Wings hates closed meshes rofl when you come to map it it freaks out half the time lmao

Hate using classic uv mapper to

-- Dick Van Dyke
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 22nd Jan 2009 at 3:25 PM
I just got a lot uploaded, and I ordered Apartment Life on Amazon. Once it arrives, I'm going to take a crack at building a simple apartment complex.

Until then, I am going to take yet another shot at meshing. I have tried to mesh before, and it turned out... well, pretty sad, actually.

Atra esterní ono thelduin/Mor'ranr lífa unin hjarta onr/Un du evarínya ono varda.
Atra gülai un ilian taught ono un atra ono waíse sköliro frá rauthr.
Captain Louie
retired moderator
#11 Old 24th Jan 2009 at 5:56 AM
Apartments get boring to furnish if you make them too large, which is why i never want to build another...ever :D

Now streaming on at Twitch.tv/SeveralNerds or UglyHoesConnect.com - whichever is easier for you to type in your browser.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 24th Jan 2009 at 5:52 PM
[QUOTE=QBUILDERZ]Apartments get boring to furnish if you make them too large, which is why i never want to build another...ever :D[/QUOTE

I've decided to only partially furnish (light fixtures, bathrooms, telephone) and to finish furnishing each time I move someone in. That way I don't waste energy furnishing for some townie, but everyone can still be called. I totally know what you mean - I run out of steam after perfectly furnishing 1 apartment, let alone four or more.

Musiquefille's Modest Mods - well, lots really.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 25th Jan 2009 at 3:03 AM
I think if you put just the basics, lights, plumbing, beds and tables and chairs, its probably enough. Furnishing is often the least enthusiastic part of building a lot, for me at least. The last apartments I did were huge and filled with furniture. I totally decorated each apartment in different styles to seem realistic. By the time i was finished I wanted to never look at it again. But then it was time to take screenshots. Thats another function I dread. Well, its gotta get done I guess

Rose Hill

I love this one the most
Dedication, Determination, Deliberation
Captain Louie
retired moderator
#14 Old 25th Jan 2009 at 4:19 AM
Furnishing is terrible, screen shots are WAYYY worse, esecially if you have to edit them together

Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#15 Old 25th Jan 2009 at 1:41 PM
When furnishing apartments I give the sims the basics - bed, table, chair, sofa, counters, fridge, sink, toilet and shower, enough for the NPCs to survive. For walls and floors, pretty much the same. It keeps the cost down and takes some of the drag out of furnishing it. I often make one apartment nicer than the rest and that is my screenshot apartment.

Most downloaders redecorate anyway.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Theorist
#16 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 5:06 AM
I have been building since I have had the Sims 2 (since late 2004 or something like that) and I have made big mansions small houses complex desings. My dad is an architect and I have made alot of his modern designs. But at the moment I am making a big House/Mansion which is sort of 3 levels in one part and 2 levels in the other part. I'm no where near finished but I could show some pictures if you like.
Captain Louie
retired moderator
#17 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 8:30 PM
^ OOH! Yes, i wanna see :D

Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#18 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 11:15 PM Last edited by leesester : 26th Jan 2009 at 11:28 PM.
Here is a building I have been working on, it is HUGE, so I think I will make it a community lot - bank or library or something

WARNING - contains CC - custom windows
Screenshots

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Theorist
#19 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 11:21 PM
cool nnice building it looks like a big bank to me but it also looks like ti could be a library... panic!
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 28th Jan 2009 at 3:26 AM
Well, Apartment Life has arrived. I've got two different apartments in mind to build. I honestly don't mind spending hordes of time putting in furniture, etc. I like it.

One apartment is a more modern type, with four regular apartments and a pent house (plus kitchen, dining room and main room on the first floor). The other apartment is a more country style house that has about 4 or 5 regular apartments.

Atra esterní ono thelduin/Mor'ranr lífa unin hjarta onr/Un du evarínya ono varda.
Captain Louie
retired moderator
#21 Old 28th Jan 2009 at 4:44 PM
^ can't wait to see it!

As for me, i have started another mesh, and it will NOT work for me (making me very mad) haha

Lab Assistant
#22 Old 31st Jan 2009 at 10:08 AM
I'm working with my "american houses set" now i have built 4 houses... i hope i have new ideas...
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 1st Feb 2009 at 2:28 AM
I have four of my Livingston Lane homes currently in the Creator Feedback Forum, and another one that I'm working on. I don't like doing just one at a time. Having more than one ensures that I'm never just sitting there twiddling my thumbs while waiting for suggestions and responses to my threads in the CFF.

Lab Assistant
#24 Old 6th Feb 2009 at 6:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by QBUILDERZ
Furnishing is terrible, screen shots are WAYYY worse, esecially if you have to edit them together

Well I like furnishing very much, although I'm not that good, and I have to admit that it's very time expensive to furnish every apartment, but if you look at the screenshots it's looks way better with more furniture. I edit my screens with paint (at least I delete the red frames), because I'm too stupid for photoshopping or things like that but at least I got this Fraps programm now, so I don't have to wait hours anymore for minimizing and reloading the game after every screenshot- that was annoying!!!
but back to the topic- my project is to complete the whole Desiderata Valley neighborhood and I hope it will be finished till the end of this year
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 7th Feb 2009 at 12:36 AM
I have had one of my four lots approved just today. My other three need a little more work, one especially. I hope to get to them soon, I've been so busy of late.

Page 1 of 15