Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Bigfoot's Fish Mart

by bubbajoe62 Posted 20th Jan 2009 at 4:36 PM - Updated 14th Jul 2009 at 10:45 PM by bubbajoe62 : comply with ATS terms of use

21 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 16 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Instructor
Original Poster
#2 Old 20th Jan 2009 at 4:59 PM
Haha, I just realized I forgot to change the lot name. Don't be surprised if it pops up in your lot bin as please4. That's as in pleaseforgodssakegetfinishedwiththislot (it was late). It literally took an entire weekend. I had to grow it, not just build it. And no monetary cheats! Except that Bigfoot himself is just one big ol' cheat, dragging crap home from work. Does anybody really buy that story about "gifts from coworkers"?
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 20th Jan 2009 at 7:30 PM
This looks great! I've been trying to create my own community farm but it keeps turning out like crap. Thanks for the great work

Live, love, Laugh <3
Not actually evil.
#4 Old 20th Jan 2009 at 8:18 PM
Just the sort of thing I want in my woodsy, outdoorsy and country neighborhoods. I like the layout of it and the non-blocky architecture. And thanks so much for the comment in my fish sign thread and the link. :D

PS - I appreciate all the planning that went into making this a business that actually runs well. The business mod descriptions and links and explanations of how this lot could be managed are especially useful.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Inventor
#5 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 11:32 AM
Same as CatOfEvilGenius for me here, Bubbajoe62, love all the explanation!!
Very interesting lot, thank you for sharing.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 5th Feb 2009 at 8:38 AM
Great idea, thank you for sharing
Test Subject
#7 Old 6th Feb 2009 at 1:19 AM
Adorable, but I don't really want to download all the cc. Nice job! :]
Test Subject
#8 Old 6th Feb 2009 at 9:48 PM
I love all the CC you included that gives your place that extra flair. As I'm new at this, I have yet to get it all working, but am excited to finally get it going right.

Thank you so much for sharing your talent and introducing us to the creativity of others.
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 6th Feb 2009 at 10:15 PM
Thanx, y'all. I'll admit I might have a little CC, ahem, problem..okay, it's a major jones, but if you want you can take most of the deco items out with Clean Installer. The lot will work just fine without wheelbarrows and rakes and baskets laying around.
Test Subject
#10 Old 3rd May 2009 at 4:17 AM
This is exactly what I wanted! Some time ago I had something like this, but your lot is perfect! Thanks!
Test Subject
#11 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 9:07 PM
it's just amazing
you have talent
Test Subject
#12 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 10:04 PM
This lot is awesome, I think I have all the CC except this
"
The following items by Sandy @ AroundTheSims may be downloaded here.
Basket With Gloves
Crates
Deck
Fork 1&2
Rake 1 & 2
Leaf Rake 1& 2"

Are these in the attached greenhouse? as that is full of urns for me! I can't seem to find them on the site.. could you direct me thanks!
Instructor
Original Poster
#13 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 10:54 PM
Sorry about that, I fixed the link, don't know how I messed that up. You need both rakes and the fork from single objects/hobbies/gardening page 1, each of which will come in 2 versions, and the crate, deck, and basket/gloves from page 2. In the lot, the tools are scattered about and the crates, deck and basket deco are in the, as I call it, packing shed. ( Why is everything always cloned from that darned urn?)

When I originally posted this lot, those items were included because I was under the impression that ATS allowed this. Either Sandy changed her policy or I was misinformed and when this was called out to me on a later lot I went back and removed her stuff from all my uploads to comply. Otherwise I probably wouldn't have included so many deco items (plus I lost my upload counts).

Please feel free to PM me if you have any further questions, this can be a complicated lot and Paladin has apparently dropped out of the community.
Test Subject
#14 Old 16th Jul 2009 at 7:47 PM
Thanks, I managed to find them..

How did you manage to run it using hired staff? I have the fishing and gardening thingmejigs from simwardrobe so I can assign staff to do that, but they get fed up and quit.. probably because I can't seem to give them breaks. Do you use the timeclock to create shorter shifts?

And the bottom shelves you have the crates on, I can't place anything on them, if i use moveobjects when they are out of stock they appear on the bottom corner of the map on the other side of road!

Thanks for your time!
David
Instructor
Original Poster
#15 Old 16th Jul 2009 at 8:49 PM
As I mentioned briefly in the overview, I do run shorter shifts, two shifts of 6 hours each, so sometimes there's a jam at the register at shift change but not too bad. I've also heard if you set out the snapdragon bouquet from the floral craft station, it acts as a motive enhancer and they don't need breaks but I've never tried it.
The crates being moved out to the road is the game not being able to handle items placed with 'move objects'. One time I placed a chair at 45 degrees and put it too close to an apartment wall and every sim that sat in it was teleported halfway across the lot to an inaccessible portion of the roof. I just like the way it looks so I check across the road once in awhile. I purposely wanted the store to be small and cozy so there's not much room there. I haven't tried to sell items placed with SilentLucidity's Shiftable OMSPs but that might be an option. You also could put the crates on some tables out front by the pick-up like a roadside stand or leave them on the floor and move the fish crates out front.
Instructor
#16 Old 2nd Aug 2009 at 8:57 PM
It looks very unique. Thanks for sharing.
Instructor
#17 Old 7th Dec 2009 at 8:17 AM
Wow! I hadn't seen this before! Great job with the lot...farming is a tough career - more so than the rabbit hole jobs!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 4th Dec 2011 at 5:37 AM
woo!!! beauty mart thanks for share ka
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#19 Old 4th Jul 2013 at 7:47 PM
I just found this..and wow, I have to try it. Ty for putting this together and sharing..all the information too.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#20 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 3:07 PM
Does this lot includes the ,Employee Gardening & Fishing Controllers, Time Clock and Customer Limit Adjuster ? if so ,then why dont I have them already in my lot?
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#21 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 3:13 PM
@ lukas11xxf

From the first post:

Custom Content Required But Not Included:

Fish And Produce Packing Stations by Paladin
@ Simwardrobe
(Sims 2/Objects/Business Facilitators)

Custom Content Suggested But Not Required:

By Paladin @ Simwardrobe
Employee Gardening And Fishing Controllers, Time Clock, Customer Limit Adjuster
(Sims 2/Objects/Business Facilitators)

so are not included.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 17th Jul 2016 at 8:01 PM
Thank you for such hard and valuable work! I can't wait to have my family visit it.