Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Photos & Plaques hide with walls down

by Numenor Posted 22nd Feb 2009 at 6:23 PM - Updated 14th Mar 2009 at 8:47 PM by Numenor : Restored missing attachment

46 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 39 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 22nd Feb 2009 at 6:31 PM
As always, you rock Numenor! Thanks for everything you do to improve our games!
Forum Resident
#3 Old 22nd Feb 2009 at 6:37 PM
As usual, More great work Numenor! Thanks!

Nacho average teen.
Other Stuff By Me.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 22nd Feb 2009 at 6:40 PM
thankies! a lot!
Test Subject
#5 Old 22nd Feb 2009 at 7:24 PM
WOOT! this is the 2nd time i ever comment lol. YOU'RE HELLA GOOD AT THESE! i've always wanted a hack that hides paintings and stuff when my walls are down. thanks man
Test Subject
#6 Old 22nd Feb 2009 at 7:30 PM
I thought they (pics and stuff) already went down when the walls do? Maybe I never noticed. Now I'm curious......

*runs to check*

If you can't get rid of the skeleton in your closet, you'd best teach it to dance.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 22nd Feb 2009 at 7:50 PM
1.000 x thanks !

Hugs to everyone, always!
Field Researcher
#8 Old 22nd Feb 2009 at 8:02 PM
Yes! That was bugging me. I love that this will be the way it should now. Thank you, Numenor.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 22nd Feb 2009 at 8:31 PM
A stupid n00b question I'm sure, but will this mod mess with Goggalors shiftable thingy from Maty?
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,12998.0.html

Anyway, this is much needed! Thanks!
Inventor
#10 Old 22nd Feb 2009 at 9:19 PM
Thank you for this.

Panic! At The Disco ... I'm Down With The Panic!
My Chemical Romance ... With The Band Members.
My Secrect ... AFI's Miss Murder Is Me. Shhh!
(Avatar made by Me)
Field Researcher
#11 Old 22nd Feb 2009 at 10:36 PM
Thank you so, so much. I never understood why 'walls down' meant 'lol look u still have things in the way'

I basically just like to play uglacies.
Test Subject
#12 Old 22nd Feb 2009 at 10:37 PM
This is awesome! Thank you very much! I quite often don't even hang pictures because the stupid things get in the way.... hopefully this will help with that.

Does anyone know if anything like this exists for lights? I'm always having problems with wall/ceiling lights getting in the way of what I want to do....

~~O criature sciocche, quanta ignoranza è quella che v'offende!~~
Instructor
#13 Old 23rd Feb 2009 at 1:08 AM
Brilliant. Thank you. Be sure to send Maxis the bill
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#14 Old 23rd Feb 2009 at 1:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by seasons
I thought they (pics and stuff) already went down when the walls do? Maybe I never noticed. Now I'm curious......

*runs to check*

I already checked The first screenshot ("Default Maxis") was taken before installing the mod -

Quote: Originally posted by Paradise
A stupid n00b question I'm sure, but will this mod mess with Goggalors shiftable thingy from Maty?
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,12998.0.html

Thanks for pointing out; my mod is perfectly compatible with Goggalors' one, you can install them both.

Quote: Originally posted by Kelleinna
Does anyone know if anything like this exists for lights? I'm always having problems with wall/ceiling lights getting in the way of what I want to do....

Ceiling lamps can't go down with walls, of course (but they disappear when you zoom in). As for the wall lamps, I think that they already hide when the walls are down (not 100% sure). Please note that sometime a wall section may be partly down: in this case, the objects do NOT hide.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Banned
#15 Old 23rd Feb 2009 at 2:42 AM
Thanks Numenor! This is very useful.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 23rd Feb 2009 at 7:17 AM
Fantastic idea ! Thanks
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 23rd Feb 2009 at 7:37 AM
You never cease to amaze me Numenor!
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 23rd Feb 2009 at 8:16 AM
Fantastic :D
Test Subject
#19 Old 23rd Feb 2009 at 1:11 PM
Thank you Numeror.That will indeed improve the game.Very useful!
Test Subject
#20 Old 23rd Feb 2009 at 10:00 PM
omg thanks! I hated that! You rock.
Alchemist
#21 Old 23rd Feb 2009 at 11:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kelleinna

Inge has made a hider for ceiling lamps and other things. Find it here: http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...ims2_Hiding.htm

Numenor, do you know about Twojeffs' Keep Paintings Viewable mod?
http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=15.0 Not sure if it affects the plaques and so on.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#22 Old 24th Feb 2009 at 1:25 AM
Twojeff's mod basically does the opposite: it forces the paintings (that normally hide with walls down) to alwaysstay up; but the mod can also revert the process, making paintings to hide again. Plaques are not affected by Twojeff's mod, as for the photos, I'm not sure if they are coinsidered "paintings" (probably not).
In any case, my mod an Twojeff's one are technically compatible, but of course they are designed to achieve two opposite goals, and therefore there's no point in keeping them both.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#23 Old 26th Feb 2009 at 7:05 PM
As said earlier, I tested the behaviour of the plaques and photos in a clean game without any hack, and I've shot the screenshots posted at the beginning of this thread. The plaques and the photos are clearly hung on the thin hair, with the walls down.
Maybe you are talking about other wall-mounted objects, different than FT hobby plaques, BV vacation photos and NL photoboot pics?

Field Researcher
#24 Old 1st Mar 2009 at 8:33 AM
I found a little bit of a problem. With this and the diploma mod installed the diplomas become unowned. Pic: http://i43.tinypic.com/2qsco6x.jpg (this is supposed to be Cooper Biggs' Diploma). Old ones and freshly spawned ones are the same.

I emptied out my downloads of just your mods to make sure it wasn't a conflict. Without the diploma one but just these mods diplomas work fine. They (the diplomas)probably work with just the diploma mod in as well but you can't have both these installed. I hope that made sense it's 3:30am lol.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#25 Old 3rd Mar 2009 at 9:56 AM
The various mods (the Diploma, posted on a different thread, and the plaques/photos posted here) are completely unrelated one another; they modify different game resources, strictly related to specific objects.
You mean that:
- with only the plaques/photos mods the diploma is is correctly owned, and doesn't go down with walls;
- with only the diploma mod, the diploma is correctly owned, and goes down with walls;
- with both the diploma mod and (one or more of) the plaques/photo mods, the diploma becomes unowned, and goes down with walls.

Correct?
In the last case (all the mods installed), does the problem happen with any of the three mods posted here? Or maybe it's just one? I ask because I find difficult to replicate your problem: making a sim earning a diploma is too long a process, and I don't have owned diplomas in my game.

Page 1 of 2